3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Turbo'd 3rd gen RUNS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 05:42 PM

hells yeah props dude.

if you ever want someone to host vids just pm or email me....
Old 09-06-2006, 07:35 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by tripleGmax

if you ever want someone to host vids just pm or email me....
...and if you want someone to babysit it while you're gone lmk...
Old 09-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Administrator

hmm... you need a camera car?
Old 09-06-2006, 08:45 PM

nice job. gave up on even trying to put a turbo in my car due to fuel costs and other misc. costs of getting it in. Seeing as though my car isn't fuel efficient to begin with, I will need to get another daily driver to replace this one if I go FI. Looks like you put a ton of work into it. Can't wait for the dyno info.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Alex_V

Nice build up!! Finaly some one thats gone all out.

Why so much for the engine tho? Whats the setup? CR? cams? porting? fully balanced? I mean im sure its a awsome engine just not sure if Id pay quite that much. but hey the result kicks ***!!

~Alex

Old 09-06-2006, 11:17 PM
Dysfunctional

Originally Posted by Sprint™
hmm... you need a camera car?
yea accually that would be nice

im going to get it into boost tomorow so ill bring my handy dandy camera for the ride

get ready for some more pics and vids

Old 09-06-2006, 11:18 PM
Dysfunctional

Originally Posted by maxmaxima91
With me Doing all of my own Fabrication and Taking 2 years to find deals on all my parts when piecing the turbo setup together I still sit at about 4500-5000.. for just the turbo setup. you look at what else is done to the driveline and its well into the 6-7000 range... Kinda unbeliveable.. worth it.. o yea.. its been a GREAT Time, and ive meet some cool people along the way.

ur exhaust set up is like making my eyes hurt. what did you exactly do?

Old 09-06-2006, 11:31 PM

Are you talking about the headers, y-pipe, and down pipe? if soo... its all ceramic coated by Jet hot. Helps keep underhood temps down better than wrap.. and it looks nicer.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:49 AM
Dysfunctional

Originally Posted by maxmaxima91
Are you talking about the headers, y-pipe, and down pipe? if soo... its all ceramic coated by Jet hot. Helps keep underhood temps down better than wrap.. and it looks nicer.

no ur piping route, its theres so much, it makes mine seem like its not there.
ur is better lookin

THATS IT! DYNO #'s will settle it!

Old 09-07-2006, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dysfunctional
no ur piping route, its theres so much, it makes mine seem like its not there.
ur is better lookin

THATS IT! DYNO #'s will settle it!
Theres alot?... my down pipe is kinda long but the piping between the heads and turbo is as short as it could be... ... hmm.. once i get my new intercooler in and up to 17ish psi.. ill get her on the dyno.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:26 PM

o and.. get some good pics of your pipeing up.. im curious to see it.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:24 PM
Dysfunctional

ok ill take some more tomorow
and put emm up

Old 09-07-2006, 10:17 PM

ok ill take some more tomorow
and put emm up
Awesome.. lookin forward to it.

Jeremy
Old 09-08-2006, 12:01 AM
VE Powah!!!

Originally Posted by 505max94se
I just moved from sea level to 5500ft of elevation. My max is SLOW now and I need to do something about it.
Just curious as to where you moved to? I also moved from Orange County, CA, to Broomfield, CO. The difference is soo big compared to sea level. After getting the pressure & density of this elevation (5400ft.) the HP loss equates to 18.6% That is a 35 HP difference!
Old 09-08-2006, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Duckman540i
Just curious as to where you moved to? I also moved from Orange County, CA, to Broomfield, CO. The difference is soo big compared to sea level. After getting the pressure & density of this elevation (5400ft.) the HP loss equates to 18.6% That is a 35 HP difference!
I moved from Seattle, WA to Albuquerque, NM... How far is Broomfield from Albuquerque? Damn, I knew it was a major difference from sea level to 5500ft, but I didn't know it was a 35hp difference...wow!
Old 09-08-2006, 06:12 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

HEY DANNY!!!
can i see ur turbo project now?!!!

lets have a track day $20 on me
which car?

unless you want me to go with the SC400 with 300K+ on it.

with all that cash poured into the car you couldn't even get it to look slightly decent? anyone can slap a turbo in a car...can you do it with style?
stop talking like you're the man because that engine bay seriously need help.
i give you credit on FINALLY finishing.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:18 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

^^^^^^^^^
I knew that post was coming..
Old 09-08-2006, 06:21 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by MyGreenMax94
^^^^^^^^^
I knew that post was coming..
you know me too well....
well he did ask for pics...so there...
Old 09-08-2006, 07:28 AM
"and falling like a rock"

I'd love to see the inside of your computer case, if it's anything like your engine bay.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:50 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by DanNY

you need to clean your firewall, inner fenders and power steering reservoir...also greasy finger prints on the fender...for shame

Old 09-08-2006, 11:02 AM
I miss my VE

Wow Dan, that engine bay is like totally fab
Old 09-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by Michael
you need to clean your firewall, inner fenders and power steering reservoir...also greasy finger prints on the fender...for shame

LOL..you're starting to sound like me when you post pics.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by 89blackse
I'd love to see the inside of your computer case, if it's anything like your engine bay.
for now it's pretty much standard dell issue with 2005FPW.
i built a rig a while back but didn't really "flash" it up too much...but that's a while ago...nothing exciting.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:59 AM
"and falling like a rock"

i built a rig a while back but didn't really "flash" it up too much...but that's a while ago...nothing exciting.

That's cool. My rig used to be something unique...but now is kind of a joke, save for the water cooling, but even that is so 2003 hahahaha.

Although I do pride myself on cable routing and IDE cable folding, but now we are going way
Old 09-08-2006, 01:24 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

LOL..you're starting to sound like me when you post pics.
exactly .
Old 09-08-2006, 11:06 PM
Dysfunctional

which car?

unless you want me to go with the SC400 with 300K+ on it.

with all that cash poured into the car you couldn't even get it to look slightly decent? anyone can slap a turbo in a car...can you do it with style?
stop talking like you're the man because that engine bay seriously need help.
i give you credit on FINALLY finishing.

okay okay, you do have a much better "LOOKING" engine bay ... HP & TQ? - is that the only pic? i would like to see how ur setup is ... i leave in 5 days for the service, so i wont be back for ... a long while
... audi's are gay

Old 09-09-2006, 09:09 PM

... audi's are gay
Not this one :

I bet that Maxima will be a blast. I need to do something with mine still...
Old 09-10-2006, 01:01 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

oh my god

man well done turboing you max i am so excited already lol listen can i ask a big favour can you direct me to a page about exactly what you have done to your max?
or if you could maybe send me a email detailing/outlining the brand of turbo you have used a basic idea of were you have fitted and positioned things in your max and engine modification so the turbo would work. I live in australia and i have called and talked to all the local so called jap car profesionals who clame 20 years experience i have even called up different states and they have all said I cant turbo a 1991 maxima and i have said you can i have herd of people doin it could you send me some basic info so i can go to them and shuv it in their faces and say you can, now dont be lazy and do it!! me email address is alternate_shane@hotmail.com thanks heaps i'm downloading all your pics as i write this lol
Old 09-10-2006, 01:41 AM

Ive always been jealous of dans engine bay. I wish I could keep mine that clean but then again my trucks engine has 3.3L more displacement than the maxima.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:05 PM
I miss my VE

Originally Posted by Tokra1
man well done turboing you max i am so excited already lol listen can i ask a big favour can you direct me to a page about exactly what you have done to your max?
or if you could maybe send me a email detailing/outlining the brand of turbo you have used a basic idea of were you have fitted and positioned things in your max and engine modification so the turbo would work. I live in australia and i have called and talked to all the local so called jap car profesionals who clame 20 years experience i have even called up different states and they have all said I cant turbo a 1991 maxima and i have said you can i have herd of people doin it could you send me some basic info so i can go to them and shuv it in their faces and say you can, now dont be lazy and do it!! me email address is alternate_shane@hotmail.com thanks heaps i'm downloading all your pics as i write this lol
What do they mean you can't turbo a 91' Maxima? You can turbo anything.. They are just being lazy and don't feel like fabbing anything up since there aren't any kits available like for Honduh's so they would have to go custom. Chances are, if you really like your car, you will not like their work or the price they give you. DYI FTW
Old 09-10-2006, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Michael

I've mentioned that before

he reached through my computer screen and slapped me

slapped me

that bitch.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:52 PM

:MrGone:
Old 09-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Dysfunctional

Originally Posted by Tokra1
where 2 start
well : i have a garrett GT35R turbo, tail external waiste gate, and tail Blow off valve, a front mount intercooler, a full stand alone computer < i used mega squirt, 72lb delphi top feed injectors, and lots of metal tubing and a welder. - i am using the Z31 exhasut manifold with a custom piece that i made to connect to my turbo.
i had my motor built professionally, with new pistons , rods, 1mm over sized ferarra valves, JWT - cams, retainers, valve springs, heads port and polished, ballanced motor, new head gasket. my compression is about 7.5 or 7.8 : 1 . ... what else did i forget? i dunno but thats the most of it off the top of my head.

Old 09-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

okay okay, you do have a much better "LOOKING" engine bay ... HP & TQ? - is that the only pic? i would like to see how ur setup is ... i leave in 5 days for the service, so i wont be back for ... a long while
... audi's are gay
HP and TQ is really none of your business. i didn't come on here and brag about the car...you did. then you had the ***** to call me out. yeah it looks better and it's a lot more reliable than your car. you don't see me rigging fuel lines.

yeah sure audis are gay...is that best come back you can come up with? you don't even have a decent imagination to think of something a little bit more clever? what's "gay" about it? the turbo? the quattro awd? the fact that it can probably run circles around your car?

i can say your car is gay too now...but that's just stooping to your pea brain level. please leave..don't come back for a long time. maybe some time in service will make you a little bit smarter.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

where 2 start
well : i have a garrett GT35R turbo, tail external waiste gate, and tail Blow off valve, a front mount intercooler, a full stand alone computer < i used mega squirt, 72lb delphi top feed injectors, and lots of metal tubing and a welder. - i am using the Z31 exhasut manifold with a custom piece that i made to connect to my turbo.
i had my motor built professionally, with new pistons , rods, 1mm over sized ferarra valves, JWT - cams, retainers, valve springs, heads port and polished, ballanced motor, new head gasket. my compression is about 7.5 or 7.8 : 1 . ... what else did i forget? i dunno but thats the most of it off the top of my head.
it's a TIAL WASTEGATE...holy christ how many times do people have to correct you? you can't even spell 4 letters correctly.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:00 PM

... audi's are gay
Don't even go there...A turbo Nissan that can run with a turbo Audi are few and far between...
Old 09-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by maxitech
Don't even go there...A turbo Nissan that can run with a turbo Audi are few and far between...
it's ok...since he "finished" his car he thinks it can run with F-cars and lambos....so of course the audis are no match.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:45 PM
Dysfunctional

it's ok...since he "finished" his car he thinks it can run with F-cars and lambos....so of course the audis are no match.

... did i say that? NO! i just said that i think that audi's are GAY nothing more nothing less.
i just like busting ur chops danny, u just are all about everything

Old 09-10-2006, 08:46 PM
Dysfunctional

danny ... #'s? im still waiting ...

Old 09-10-2006, 10:47 PM
I miss my VE

Originally Posted by maxitech
A Nissan doesn't need a turbo to run with a turbo Audi actually

Quick Reply: Turbo'd 3rd gen RUNS!!!