3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Wiring help please--Craig....

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2001, 02:04 PM

I want to rewire my sidemarker lights to blink when my front turn signal blinks. Should I just splice into the front turn signal and solder a wire from there to the sidemarker? Also, is it possible to have the sidemarker on at all time and then blink when the turn signal is hit?

With the first alternative, I think that the sidemarker won't be on until I signal to turn. Am I making sense? I think it'd be cool to have the sidemarker blink.

Anyway, just a thought for a cheap and safety mod since I have no money for a performance mod. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-26-2001, 03:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by ghostmax
I want to rewire my sidemarker lights to blink when my front turn signal blinks. Should I just splice into the front turn signal and solder a wire from there to the sidemarker? Also, is it possible to have the sidemarker on at all time and then blink when the turn signal is hit?

With the first alternative, I think that the sidemarker won't be on until I signal to turn. Am I making sense? I think it'd be cool to have the sidemarker blink.

Anyway, just a thought for a cheap and safety mod since I have no money for a performance mod. Thanks for the help.
first of all, to do sidemarkers only on when blinkers are on (and blink with the blinkers), you would simply need to splice 2 wires coming from the front bumper blinker (pink=+ and black=neg) to the sidemarker bulb + and - respectively

second, it is not possible to have the sidemarker on all the time and blink when the turn signal is on unless the bulb has 2 filaments which it doesn't
It doesn't really make sense - light is on and then needs to blink, but it cant blink because it's already on; that's the reason why it blinks alternately if you do the rewire I wrote up

my rewire makes it so that the sidemarker is normally on, but when you hit the blinker, it blinks alternately with front bumper blinker

I hope this answered your question; if not, ask me again and I'll try to explain it better
Old 06-26-2001, 03:40 PM

Thanks Craig. I checked your website and saw the rewire (didn't see it previously). Good info.