3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

I'm going to paint a target on my car.....hit AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2001, 06:27 PM

My girlfriend and I are driving around in D.T. Louisville this past weekend when some dip$hit rear-ends me. The guy really nailed me too! When I got out of the car, I was expecting the rear to be all buckled under, but all that happend was my bumper got a huge crack on the driver's side! I was so suprised! When he hit me, he pushed me all the way through the intersection and he was driving a big a$$ 4x4 chevy p/u. We swapped insurance and all that junk, I left, got estimates and it's going to cost him $630 to replace the bumper. All the shops looked under my car and all around to try to get more $$, but to their suprise, the bumper was the only thing that needs replaced. Furthermore, a Nissan dealer quoted me the cheapest price and has the best equiped autobody shop for the job! So, my car is getting an a$$ job 2 weeks from today!

This was the 3rd accident that I've been involved with in the past year! Only 1 of these was my fault and that car, god rest is pistons, is gone, but my new one is holding up to like a champ. She'll last me till I get out of college and get one of the new SE's or a Z, if they're out on the market soon.

Lets all have a moment of silence for all of our departed Maxima's. They served us all so well, but in the end, they paid the ultimate price for it. *sniff* *sniff*
Old 06-26-2001, 07:04 PM

hey man, sorry to hear about that. some people just can't drive. you said you were in louisville when it happened? are you from around there? i'm from lexington so we may not be too far away from each other. anyways, that sucks that someone hit you. good to know that the max held up strong though!
Old 06-27-2001, 12:28 PM

Att: Matt92GXE

Hey, finally another Maxima.org guy that lives near me! That's cool! I do live in Louisville and I'm not far from 64 either. I get off at the 264 exit, which is the first exit in Louisville. I can get to Lexington in about 35 to 45 min. Maybe we could get together sometime and mod our cars. I put custom fog's on my GXE, have pushed out almost all my own dents, replaced a tail-light, taken my entire dash out a whole bunch of times and cut a hole through to my trunk, so the bass gets through the back seat. Come to think of it, I've done a ton of things on my car to fix it back up to the queen of the roads it is now. Hehe. Anyone else from around here?
Old 06-27-2001, 01:14 PM

Re: Att: Matt92GXE

cool man, mabye we should get together. my friend steve is also on here (bmxsteve) and a guy named harold (hlh0501) is also from louisville and we've met him before. they both have 4th gens though. yeah, it'd be cool to meet sometime. email me at matt92gxe@yahoo.com or send me an instant message on aol. my screen name there is matt92gxe. hope to talk to ya soon!

Originally posted by KCMax
Hey, finally another Maxima.org guy that lives near me! That's cool! I do live in Louisville and I'm not far from 64 either. I get off at the 264 exit, which is the first exit in Louisville. I can get to Lexington in about 35 to 45 min. Maybe we could get together sometime and mod our cars. I put custom fog's on my GXE, have pushed out almost all my own dents, replaced a tail-light, taken my entire dash out a whole bunch of times and cut a hole through to my trunk, so the bass gets through the back seat. Come to think of it, I've done a ton of things on my car to fix it back up to the queen of the roads it is now. Hehe. Anyone else from around here?
Old 06-27-2001, 01:19 PM
90maximaSE

Lexington in the house......

Hey what's up? I am from Lexington as well & have a 90 Maxima SE 5sp. I have AOL & my screen name is Superman006. Hope to talk to you soon.

Old 06-27-2001, 01:23 PM

oh yeah, sorr i forgot to mention you jacob, the list just keeps growing of local maxima.org members. anotherone i forgot is aaron. hi name on here is sbmax or something like that.
Old 06-28-2001, 01:21 AM

I hear you!! Moment of Silence..........
Old 06-29-2001, 02:29 AM

Just speculation, but maybe you weren't pressing your brakes very hard (since you were already stopped) and so when he hit you, instead of that energy being converted into crushing your car, it just shoved you forward..

i.e. instead of your car being crunched in 3' your car flew forward 15' =)

Either way, glad to hear you're okay.
Old 06-29-2001, 03:37 PM

When he hit me, he pushed me all the way through the intersection and he was driving a big a$$ 4x4 chevy p/u.
I F***ING HATE A**HOLES WHO DRIVE HUGE A$$ PICKUPS!!!

My last was was a 1988 Toyota Celica All-Trac Turbo, limited edition. I don't know if anyone knows about that car, but its a real diamond in the rough. I was nailed HEAD ON by a dumba$$ in a F-150 who ran a red light, I was turning left at the signal going the oppposite direction. Smashed the passenger side engine compartment all the way back to the door. Totally totalled. That car was literally one-in-a-million. Only 75k miles on it, JUST had it decked out with TRD everything less than a week before it got hit, of course the aftermarket $12800 worth of parts weren't covered by the insurance company...uggh. I looked for months to find another one in decent condition for sale all over the country with no luck. People who still have them (of the very few that were ever even made) don't sell them unless they're beat to ****. I finally decided on my 93 SE Maxima instead when I found a great deal on it, and I love it so far, but I'll never forget that Celica All-Trac!