3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Another accident, pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 10:27 PM
Please. Call me John. I insist

Another accident, pics inside

WEll the ex g.f was driving home and and some guy in a Mercedes S55 AMG ran a sidestreet stop sign and got in front of her leaving her with no time to stop so she rear ended him. Now according to the law, its her fault BUT he admitted fault and said he ran stop sign and apoligized and says he'll pay. So here are the pics.

Old 09-19-2006, 11:22 PM

that's good he's honest. don't let him beat around the bush on the payout. this is also a rearending case where he could be found at fault. so even if she went through insurance, he would would probably end up paying. at least the majority. what happened with the gf? did you guys argue too much about whose maxima is nicer?
Old 09-19-2006, 11:27 PM

Yea I'm glad he admitted fault in front of both of us but I dont know if thats enough if we go through insurance.

Haha as for what happened...she was too jealous and I couldn't handle her bs anymore, imagine being with a girl for nearly 5 years and living with her for the past 1.5 year. Well I'm upgrading g/f as we are on a temp break and possibly making it permanent if everything works out with my (hopefully) to be new g/f . Oh and just cuz she's got a new tranny doesnt mean anything, mine is better btw we're still good friends.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:47 PM
Banned

lolz damn dat sux good the guy was honest bout the whole ordeal.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:27 AM
mod or sell?

you'll end up going through insurance and they'll total the car.
now get the car over to the dam shop!
Old 09-20-2006, 12:24 PM

Bah I dont feel like the EX's car especially with only 5 cylinders working, smoking cuz of cracked radiator, brake pedal sinking ALL the way down even after changing everything and lets see..NO. Can we like just pick your uncle up and have him see it here, aint gonna cost him and gas and we'll most likely have the work done at his shop fyi.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:33 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

think she coulda hit a more expensive car?
Old 09-20-2006, 12:39 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by ColombianMax
Bah I dont feel like the EX's car especially with only 5 cylinders working, smoking cuz of cracked radiator, brake pedal sinking ALL the way down even after changing everything and lets see..NO. Can we like just pick your uncle up and have him see it here, aint gonna cost him and gas and we'll most likely have the work done at his shop fyi.
now she's down to 5 cylinders?
**** it, give the guy an estimate take the cash and buy another max.
the damage is over $2k
you can buy a dam nice 3rd gen for that
Old 09-20-2006, 12:41 PM

you're right, tell your uncle to make estimate for that
Old 09-20-2006, 01:04 PM
kthxbye2u

heck yeah, that guy is kool for being honest "fo sho"

that bumper and hood belong to the mercedes' rear end
Old 09-20-2006, 01:12 PM
mod or sell?

you're right, tell your uncle to make estimate for that
once I get my lazy butt over there i may
Old 09-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

telling you he's at fault doesn't mean he's going to tell his insurance company that he's at fault.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:37 PM
Banned

i paid 2k for my max
Old 09-20-2006, 03:43 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally Posted by DanNY
telling you he's at fault doesn't mean he's going to tell his insurance company that he's at fault.

took the words right out of my mouth.

I was gonna add that if he was cool enough to offer to pay without making it a pain in the *** for you, then you shouldnt try to take advantage by handing him an over inflated estimate. if you want to get it fixed then get an estimate to get it fixed, if not get an estimate for the damage and take the cash but dont try to make out on the deal. Just a word to the wise.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:14 PM

Yea I was also thinking about what DanNY said and its true along with what you said..but then again according to Brian it looks like damages might exceed the 2k mark. I'm just gonna go to the shop and get an accurate estimate so noone gets ripped off in the end. As a matter of fact I think its better if you get estimates from at least 3 different shops so he knows we're not BSing.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:23 AM
mod or sell?

once you have an estimate from 1 shop, it's pretty easy to have a couple other shops give an estimate based off the first one.

If you need one on paper let me know and I'll put it together later.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:38 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

S55 Owner: "eh, I paid more for my last set of tires than for this damage"
Old 09-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I got mine for $800. It pays to ask them what the lowest is they'd sell it for (if you decide to go that route).
Old 09-21-2006, 02:03 PM

Yea Brian please go ahead and get the paper If not we can always negotiate the price slightly down with s55 owner.

As for the tires I can almost agree with that lol
Old 11-13-2006, 08:51 AM

Well we got jipped by a Mercedes owner and never paid what he agreed on, wish I would've recorded him admitting fault but we're gonna attempt sending him a bill from g/fs dad shop for radiator fix ($400-500) range and see if he pays that. I'm sorry to say but if he does not his beautiful S55 AMG will sure be seeing some brake fluid sprinkles all over a long time after he declines to pay.

The funny thing is that when accident happened he said he's pay and then after we got estimate like he wanted us to, he said to just get full coverage so they could pay for it. What a moron, dont they inspect your vehicle when you get full coverage?

Oh btw since he hasn't paid I began taking matters into my own hands. I've been going to the junk yard. Got bumper, bumper shock absorb, and lil metal piece where hood latch and horn go. Luckily the car didnt seem to have any frame damage as the absorber took it all. I replaced all those pieces along with a new radiator and car it working fine. All I need now is a burgundy hood and later on a passenger fender as well but not as bad. Surprisingly the headlights are untouched and perfectly leveled.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:54 AM
Alex_V

what a j@ckarse.

Ive dribbled brake fluid on my s13 and it hasnt bubbled the paint at alll...but I wipe it up pretty quick. and thats primered so i donno.

~Alex

Old 11-13-2006, 09:01 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Well we got jipped by a Mercedes owner and never paid what he agreed on, wish I would've recorded him admitting fault but we're gonna attempt sending him a bill from g/fs dad shop for radiator fix ($400-500) range and see if he pays that. I'm sorry to say but if he does not his beautiful S55 AMG will sure be seeing some brake fluid sprinkles all over a long time after he declines to pay.

The funny thing is that when accident happened he said he's pay and then after we got estimate like he wanted us to, he said to just get full coverage so they could pay for it. What a moron, dont they inspect your vehicle when you get full coverage?

Oh btw since he hasn't paid I began taking matters into my own hands. I've been going to the junk yard. Got bumper, bumper shock absorb, and lil metal piece where hood latch and horn go. Luckily the car didnt seem to have any frame damage as the absorber took it all. I replaced all those pieces along with a new radiator and car it working fine. All I need now is a burgundy hood and later on a passenger fender as well but not as bad. Surprisingly the headlights are untouched and perfectly leveled.

did i make the call on that or what.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:05 AM

Indeed, but his plan was to tell his insurance company that his car was hit in a parking lot when he wasnt there since he does have full coverage.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:26 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Indeed, but his plan was to tell his insurance company that his car was hit in a parking lot when he wasnt there since he does have full coverage.
of course...he wants a "no-fault" accident so that he wouldn't be charged for the accident. since you did not call the police to get a police report for it you don't have a leg to stand on. his insurance will take his claim and you never came into the picture.

it's your word against his and the fault will be in your court. if he's at all a stand up guy then go to his home or whatever address you have for him and ask if he's willing to split the repair cost. if he says no then you're basically arsed out. next time if someone say he'll admit fault go with him/her to the ATM and take CASH ON THE SPOT....take a guess on the price and try not to rape the guy who is admitting fault.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:03 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

of course...he wants a "no-fault" accident so that he wouldn't be charged for the accident. since you did not call the police to get a police report for it you don't have a leg to stand on. his insurance will take his claim and you never came into the picture.

it's your word against his and the fault will be in your court. if he's at all a stand up guy then go to his home or whatever address you have for him and ask if he's willing to split the repair cost. if he says no then you're basically arsed out. next time if someone say he'll admit fault go with him/her to the ATM and take CASH ON THE SPOT....take a guess on the price and try not to rape the guy who is admitting fault.

Last summer my car hit at a friends yardsale i was helping them with,the friends father-in-law sideswiped my car with his $250,000 rv/bus,his deductible was $1500

So we walked around the car for a while discussing what it would cost to fix it,then settled on a number and he cut me a check right on the spot..

I promptly took the car home,pushed the dents out myself[looks pretty good imo ] and then took my wife out on the town that evening..
Old 11-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

I'm sorry to say but if he does not his beautiful S55 AMG will sure be seeing some brake fluid sprinkles all over a long time after he declines to pay.

thats corny, the most pus$y thing you can do to get back at someone is mess with their car, if you have a problem with this guy talk to him face to face dont go do the jealous girlfriend thing and mess up his car.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:38 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Some AMG rims would look sweet on your Maxima, eh John???
Old 11-13-2006, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by N34JZ
thats corny, the most pus$y thing you can do to get back at someone is mess with their car, if you have a problem with this guy talk to him face to face dont go do the jealous girlfriend thing and mess up his car.
Well that is what we're doing, sending/giving him the bill for the radiator for that amount or whatever amount a shop would charge to replace a radiator and then if he doesnt do anything about it what are my resources?

I know we made a mistake not filing a report but I guess he seemed like a trustworthy person (which was a big mistake) What would you do if you talked to gave him a bill and talked to him and still refused to pay? Would you just let it go that easily knowing it was his fault?
Old 11-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Well that is what we're doing, sending/giving him the bill for the radiator for that amount or whatever amount a shop would charge to replace a radiator and then if he doesnt do anything about it what are my resources?

I know we made a mistake not filing a report but I guess he seemed like a trustworthy person (which was a big mistake) What would you do if you talked to gave him a bill and talked to him and still refused to pay? Would you just let it go that easily knowing it was his fault?
was it really his fault? if you don't have an eyewitness from the scene of the accident then an impartial 3rd party would say your car hit his. i mean the maxima hit the rear bumper of the MB. if it was really a close call then you might've got his quarter panel or even a corner of the MB bumper not right on the **** of his bumper. if i was the insurance guy that's how i would look at it. i'm not trying to be an **** here...just showing you how it looks from a 3rd person's point of view.

i think that was the basis for NOT filing a report since you felt that it was "your fault" from the accident (not saying it is...just how it looks after the fact). this guy could've been a real a-hole and filed a report saying that you rear ended him. then your insurance goes up and you're stuck with a busted car.

this is one of those life lessons...talk is cheap and cash is king. IMO...i wouldn't even take a check..they can always stop payment on that. get CASH.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:07 PM
"and falling like a rock"

... i mean the maxima hit the rear bumper of the MB.
I'm really sorry yo, but the dudes right. From a cops POV its your fault and it was prolly best that the both of you didnt file a report since it would have listed him as the victim. It's not fair but its how they work in the car insurance industry.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by 89blackse
I'm really sorry yo, but the dudes right. From a cops POV its your fault and it was prolly best that the both of you didnt file a report since it would have listed him as the victim. It's not fair but its how they work in the car insurance industry.
Yea I agree with you guys, it does look like it was my girlfriends fault and technically according to the law it IS/was her fault just for the simple fact that she rear ended him. Cops were actually there but not for the accident, they were just paying a visit to the house that was in front of where the accident occured.

What I did was go up to them when they were done with what they were doing and exposed the accident to them and let them know what happened. They told me that just for my g/f rear ending its her fault but I told them everything he told us and they suggested we handle it without insurance and police report and if not we would have 10 days after the accident to make the report. See thats where both my g/f and I failed to do anything as we were both fighting and broken up and I told her to take care of it but she's rather new to all this stuff so she did not do anything.

As for DanNy, look at the picture, its not the best picture but it shows on the corner of the MB's bumper which is what made that sharp crushed in zone where her license plate was. My girlfriend didnt quite hit him on the quarter panel cuz she DID brake just didnt stop enough cuz her wheel locked up, but then again you're right, insurance people wouldn't believe that especially when its an old maxima thats worth 300 bucks versus a 100k MB S55
Old 11-13-2006, 03:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

same thing happned to my max, except i had to go to court....i won and bought anohter one
Old 11-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

What would you do if you talked to gave him a bill and talked to him and still refused to pay? Would you just let it go that easily knowing it was his fault?
No I would go talk to the guy man to man, not mess up his car.

9 times out of 10, people like that who are confronted face to face give in, for the one guy who doesnt thats why they make the m9 maple louisville for.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:08 PM

You know what N34JZ, I'ma talk to this guy once we have the bill to show him, I'll also bring the g/fs dad so he feels nice and intimidated

Anyway I uploaded some pics during the and after the bumper was installed. Yes I know its not as nice as a lot of other maximas here but hey at least it helps a bit with the car's appearance, just need a nice hood and fender along with the same color. Oh and after I had it installed I noticed it was not the exact color but who cares for now!

Top view

Front view

Bumper cover off

Close up
Old 11-13-2006, 09:10 PM

New bumper

Finished look

In the light
Old 11-14-2006, 03:36 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

that'll buff right out.