3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Suspension Possibilities

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Please. Call me John. I insist

Pff, I was number 1 customer!, didnt have to deliver and never took any returns or exchanges from me I only bargained once for a seal :P cuz I didnt have 8 bucks on me
Old 02-08-2008, 10:35 PM

Hello guys...
New to this forum...i have a 94 gxe all stock. Heres the question: What does the tension suspension bar (near the firewall)on the top that runs connects at the top of the strut shock towers do? Looking at the the pictures here ... i discovered that my car never came with one. And doing a parts search...i understand it is an aftermarket part...not OEM...

ps...don't mean to hi jack...as i don't know how to start a new thread here.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:47 AM
Donating member? what the?!

Originally Posted by Starrider
Hello guys...
New to this forum...i have a 94 gxe all stock. Heres the question: What does the tension suspension bar (near the firewall)on the top that runs connects at the top of the strut shock towers do? Looking at the the pictures here ... i discovered that my car never came with one. And doing a parts search...i understand it is an aftermarket part...not OEM...

It is formally referred to as a Front Tower Strut Bar... or was it called a Front Strut Tower Bar??? Either way, it's FTSB or FSTB. It helps keeps your tires on the ground by preventing the 2 strut towers from "flexing" in and towards each other during a moderately well taken turn.

You're correct, they do not come OEM.

You can't make your own threads yet because I think you need to reach a minimum of 15thread contributions before the site will let you post your own thread. My suggestion to you is to perform forum searches before you randomly post/start your own threads, as you will be called out quickly. Searching is fun, anyhow. All ya need to do is donate $20. And $20 is VERRRRY cheap for the amount of information and guidance you will find here on the Forums. Anyway... Welcome!
Old 02-09-2008, 03:36 AM
Jesus was a Zombie.

Originally Posted by super32
It is formally referred to as a Front Tower Strut Bar... or was it called a Front Strut Tower Bar??? Either way, it's FTSB or FSTB. It helps keeps your tires on the ground by preventing the 2 strut towers from "flexing" in and towards each other during a moderately well taken turn.

You're correct, they do not come OEM.

You can't make your own threads yet because I think you need to reach a minimum of 15thread contributions before the site will let you post your own thread. My suggestion to you is to perform forum searches before you randomly post/start your own threads, as you will be called out quickly. Searching is fun, anyhow. All ya need to do is donate $20. And $20 is VERRRRY cheap for the amount of information and guidance you will find here on the Forums. Anyway... Welcome!
search is free since IB took over. MUCH cheaper than $20.(and $50 would have been worth the help that function gives)

Last edited by BenStoked; 02-09-2008 at 03:39 AM.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:13 AM
Please. Call me John. I insist

Originally Posted by Starrider
Hello guys...

FSTB stands for Front Strut Tower Brace and basically what it does is firm up your car during turns/curves by holding the "chassis" as one. You can usually pick those up on egay for $14+shipping which normally turns out to be around 30 bucks total. I've seen some crazy people on the org trying to sell generic ones for 40 bucks shipped USED! Just get one on ebay they're all the same crap unless you plan on autocrossing.

Also you cannot post a new thread until you've reached 15 posts (its in the TOS you agreed on when you became a member) Just post in threads your comments or opinions related to the topic and dont postwhore by just posting 2-3 words that dont make sense like I do

Welcome to the Org, enjoy the stay and you're encouraged to search prior to making a new thread, most questions have been answered numerous times
Old 02-09-2008, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by traxtar944
Here is my current setup as far as suspension goes:

CustomMaxima.com front strut tower bar
BlehmCo Rear strut tower bar
B&G Progressive Rate Springs
Koni Ajustable Shocks
Suspension Techniques Front & Rear Sway Bars
Blehmco Swaybar Links & Brackets
BlehmCo Stage 1 Lower Tie Bar
New Control Arms with bushings and new ball joints

Besides New paralell links, what more can I do to the suspension besides doing custom frame support work, like x frame braces or other things?
as Brian stated earlier, get the SFC's and get yourself the Stage II LTB. i have one and im satisfied with it. i still have to order more goodies from Matt.