3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Attn: Czar

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2001, 10:08 PM

Hey you still doing the turbo right? Will the Stillen Cone Air Filter from VG30E fit the VG30ET? Do you know? Also how much boost are you running?
Old 07-02-2001, 10:46 PM

I have a VE... don't know too much about the VG engine. 5.5 lbs of boost.
Old 07-03-2001, 02:54 PM

Originally posted by Czar
I have a VE... don't know too much about the VG engine. 5.5 lbs of boost.
Let me ask you something how much did the whole swap cost you??? How much was the engine? Because so people here are very ignorant.
Old 07-03-2001, 03:09 PM
I'm needing a caw

Ah well, he's not swapping engines. His is 100% custom and almost not at all related to the conversation you are having w/ the others.

But to ask a simple question about air filters, I have to ask you if you know what you are doing? I read your post and you have the "numbers" okay but there is alot more to doing a VG30-T, than just swapping stuff in and out. How tired is the new motor? A $700 used motor can't be in that great of condition and did you account for a turbo rebuild? If you are doing this swap good luck. I know of at least two other guys that know more than you(no disrespect) and have already blown the engine. One guy was using a very complicated Electromotive Tec II system. If you know what that is, you know where I'm coming from.

Originally posted by Maximum5spd

Let me ask you something how much did the whole swap cost you??? How much was the engine? Because so people here are very ignorant.
Old 07-03-2001, 03:22 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
One guy was using a very complicated Electromotive Tec II system. If you know what that is, you know where I'm coming from.
Not to mention it was a fully tuned, and fully sensored TEC II.
Old 07-03-2001, 03:25 PM
I'm needing a caw

hey how much is he selling that for? PM me boy! I know you have to get the front cover modified to attach the crank angle sensor magnets for the VG. I wonder if you can just use the output signal from the VE cam angle sensor? muhahah?

Originally posted by Maximamike

Not to mention it was a fully tuned, and fully sensored TEC II.
Old 07-03-2001, 03:29 PM

Ah well, he's not swapping engines. His is 100% custom and almost not at all related to the conversation you are having w/ the others.

But to ask a simple question about air filters, I have to ask you if you know what you are doing? I read your post and you have the "numbers" okay but there is alot more to doing a VG30-T, than just swapping stuff in and out. How tired is the new motor? A $700 used motor can't be in that great of condition and did you account for a turbo rebuild? If you are doing this swap good luck. I know of at least two other guys that know more than you(no disrespect) and have already blown the engine. One guy was using a very complicated Electromotive Tec II system. If you know what that is, you know where I'm coming from.

Ohh Im not doing the work. The mechanic is the engine has 58K miles on it and is straight from Japan. I never said its easy as 1,2,3. But I know the guy really well. and his going to do everything for $1000 plus engine cost, plus parts cost. Which comes around $2000. Stock swap without any extra boost or anything like that. That will come later on.
Old 07-03-2001, 04:19 PM

hey how much is he selling that for? PM me boy! I know you have to get the front cover modified to attach the crank angle sensor magnets for the VG. I wonder if you can just use the output signal from the VE cam angle sensor? muhahah?
I dunno, but if its in my price range I'm buying it
Old 07-04-2001, 01:56 AM

Ohh Im not doing the work. The mechanic is the engine has 58K miles on it and is straight from Japan. I never said its easy as 1,2,3. But I know the guy really well. and his going to do everything for $1000 plus engine cost, plus parts cost. Which comes around $2000. Stock swap without any extra boost or anything like that. That will come later on.
You got the motor straight from Japan? Why?? You could've got one locally from a junkyard.
Old 07-04-2001, 07:46 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Ours is not to question WHY.... ours is but to watch and admire the fiery, molten slag of metal as it flies down the street; with the driver yelling out the window, "ENJOY THE RIDE!!!!"
Old 07-04-2001, 09:14 AM

Originally posted by SkyMax

You got the motor straight from Japan? Why?? You could've got one locally from a junkyard.
I figured Id rather pay extra $100. And be more reliable with japanese engines Plus they gave me a discount. Besides you never know what you can get at a junk yard. By the way what kind of rims are that white maxima that is on your sig, BBS? do you know what they are?
Old 07-04-2001, 09:25 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

I figured Id rather pay extra $100. And be more reliable with japanese engines Plus they gave me a discount. Besides you never know what you can get at a junk yard. By the way what kind of rims are that white maxima that is on your sig, BBS? do you know what they are?
You think a motor from Japan will be more reliable?!?!?!? bwahahaha That's where you are wrong. In case you didn't know Japan has VERY strict emissions and inspection. Basically people beat the hell out of their cars and buy new ones because they know their car won't pass inspection. There's no telling what that motor has been through...
Old 07-04-2001, 02:44 PM

I believe they are 18" ADR wheels in gun-metal finish.. not 100% sure though.