3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Anyone know this Guy, is He here? '89VG-T

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Taking my Maxima to the Max!

Anyone know this Guy, is He here? '89VG-T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/89maxset
Old 02-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Way out West

Looks impressive. I could nitpick a few things (I like Brad's front mount location better) but I can't argue that it is a very impressive car.

I wonder how many trannies and/or axles that monster engine has eaten up?

He probably tried to post on here, but too many people flamed him. It's too bad that happens so often.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Looks impressive, I wonder about the transmission though. Props to the guy for everything he's done, thats very impressive. And yeah he would def. get flamed on here unfortunately.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin
He probably tried to post on here, but too many people flamed him. It's too bad that happens so often.
Seriously, Thats why i keep my posting to a minimum. Nice car.. i would love to race him.

Jeremy
Old 02-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Droppin logs

That's one beastly 3rd gen! I've always thought they had a great body style. I didn't realize there was so much animosity towards the third genners
Old 02-15-2007, 11:07 PM

Although the 3rd gen Maximas look a little plain on the body, there are many simple things that can be done to make it stand out. It all costs $$$. That dude has one mean machine (sponsored mind you). Can any one of you guys sponsor me? I just want the 600+HP that was mentioned and the brakes and wheels and turbo and tires and...
Old 02-15-2007, 11:14 PM

I absolutely love it. Serious props to that guy!
Old 02-16-2007, 06:25 AM
Way out West

Originally Posted by D-Bo
That's one beastly 3rd gen! I've always thought they had a great body style. I didn't realize there was so much animosity towards the third genners
I think part of the problem is, there was a stretch there where a half dozen guys every week would come on this forum and start blabbing how they were going to put in an RB26DETT or some crazy stuff like that. Big dreamers with little money and no skill or information.

They did very little to help themselves and showed little respect for long time members. After a while, most people (even legit ones) were just told to get lost and figure it out themselves.

I think the best answer (and this was true for most of them) was if you have to ask simple questions, you shouldn't be trying to do it. Guys like Brad92SE and MtCookson figured most of it out themselves and kept the questions to a minimum. I think it looks like MaxMaxima91 has done the same thing.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:48 AM

I saw this video a few weeks ago, I think it's the same car. This guy claims it's the fastest third gen ever...quite the claim it is a nice car though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eXL6hqQO1Q
Old 02-16-2007, 07:53 AM

well if that quartermile time thats in the video is his best time.. hes not the fastest 3rd gen.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:18 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

yeah well it sounds like he's pretty arrogrant...whatever happened to people being a little humble? yeah it's a nice car...but at the end of the day there will always be someone faster than you.

IF YOU ARE READING THIS, YOU HAVE VISITED THE RIGHT PAGE.

THIS IS THE FASTEST AND MOST POWERFUL 3RD GENERATION NISSAN MAXIMA IN THE WORLD; WITH THE ULTIMATE GOAL OF BECOMING THE FASTEST & MOST POWERFUL NISSAN MAXIMA IN THE WORLD.

THE CAR IS NOT ONLY RIDICULOUSLY FAST, BUT IT LOOKS, RIDES, HANDLES AND BRAKES BETTER THAN MOST SPORTS CARS. THE CAR ALSO ATTENDS OVER 20 SHOW & RACE EVENTS PER YEAR. FINALLY, I MUST NOTE THAT THIS HAS BEEN A DAILY DRIVER AS WELL.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:35 AM

Pretty bold statement. I personally would not make such a big claim because its true, even if you do have the fastest car, you wont for awhile because somewhere someone has a faster car then you. 13.16 isnt even close to becoming the fastest maxima.

dont get me wrong im not flaming him or anything, im just stating the obvious, i give him huge props for his 3rd gen, probably one of the nicest/cleanest 3rd gens ive seen. I really like the look of the 3rd gens. Isnt the fastest maxima, mardi's 4th gen (11.4@123 turbo + nitrous) tiley and neal are both running 11's (11.55 and 11.76) on just boost and one hell of a driver(s).
Old 02-16-2007, 10:59 AM

Nice ride. I would of lightened it as much as possible though..
Old 02-16-2007, 11:20 AM
Droppin logs

I think part of the problem is, there was a stretch there where a half dozen guys every week would come on this forum and start blabbing how they were going to put in an RB26DETT or some crazy stuff like that. Big dreamers with little money and no skill or information.

They did very little to help themselves and showed little respect for long time members. After a while, most people (even legit ones) were just told to get lost and figure it out themselves.

I think the best answer (and this was true for most of them) was if you have to ask simple questions, you shouldn't be trying to do it. Guys like Brad92SE and MtCookson figured most of it out themselves and kept the questions to a minimum. I think it looks like MaxMaxima91 has done the same thing.
I would venture to guess if he came in with the same attitude exhibited in his Cardomain page he probably didn't get a warm reception here...
Old 02-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Way out West

Originally Posted by Jon94SE
I saw this video a few weeks ago, I think it's the same car. This guy claims it's the fastest third gen ever...quite the claim it is a nice car though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eXL6hqQO1Q
definitely the same car. I actually like pretty much everything except the FMIC location. It just sticks out too much.

13.1 is fast, but I have seen a few other turbo 3rd gens go faster. It looks like he is running street tires. You would think with all that money invested, he would plop down a few hundred for some slicks.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:52 PM

I want a strong motor.....
Old 02-16-2007, 12:56 PM

13.1 is fast, but I have seen a few other turbo 3rd gens go faster. It looks like he is running street tires. You would think with all that money invested, he would plop down a few hundred for some slicks.
Or some wider wheels. Isn't he only running on 17x7's? You'd think he'd at least go wider up front where you need traction.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

definitely the same car. I actually like pretty much everything except the FMIC location. It just sticks out too much.

slicks and daily driver doesn't really mix too well.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:03 PM
kthxbye2u

makes me want a VG and turn it into a VG30E-T ...
Old 02-16-2007, 02:19 PM

That is a beautiful 3rd gen. Like another poster wrote, I too, am not too crazy about the FMIC. Something brave, that's for sure.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:20 PM

That's awesome, I'm really digging what he did to the rear end of the car aside from the stupid nismo sticker.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:21 PM
kthxbye2u

Originally Posted by jaguax
That's awesome, I'm really digging what he did to the rear end of the car aside from the stupid nismo sticker.
yes

i want to do that to mine... wonder how much work
Old 02-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Way out West

Originally Posted by DanNY
slicks and daily driver doesn't really mix too well.
Oh, I know, but if you want to have "the fastest Maxima in the world" or whatever he claims, you are going to need them at the track.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:20 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

Aside from the track time (which didn't grab me much), and the FMIC (whatever happened to stealth??), he put together a rather impressive laundry list of parts on his Max. Not a bad way to spend a few G's.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:19 PM

I wish he would say what he did before the turbo swap to get a vg30e to 250hp. I wouldn't want any more than that (maybe a little less) in a front-drive car. Can anyone say "torque steer"??? Must be horrible in a 400hp beast like that. Don't get me wrong, I'll give him props for what he did- I just think he should have put his efforts into a different car.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by jlars205
I wish he would say what he did before the turbo swap to get a vg30e to 250hp. I wouldn't want any more than that (maybe a little less) in a front-drive car. Can anyone say "torque steer"??? Must be horrible in a 400hp beast like that. Don't get me wrong, I'll give him props for what he did- I just think he should have put his efforts into a different car.
hey nothing wrong with working with what you have. there's better and easier platform to work from but what's the fun in that?
Old 02-17-2007, 04:23 AM

I think it is age related. I think most of the posters in the 3rdGen forum fall into three categories. A lot of them are broke teenagers / young adults and the Maxima is their sole possession of worth. These are the types of people who makes posts about wanting to spend $$$$ but are just talking. These people brutally flame others for talking about turbos etc b/c from their perspective, everyone is a bullsh!ter. (they apply their personal experience as a blanket view to everyone else) I was like this ~6.5 years ago when I bought my first Maxima. 20 years old, broke, and full of huge plan about building the world's faster Maxima with a giant turbo blah blah blah. Nevermind that I was a USMC Sergeant making jack crap and getting ready to be a broke college student.

Then there is the older crowd. These are owners in their late twenties to mid / upper thirties. They either own highly modded Maximas and seriously regret the $$$$$$$$$ they have dumped in their car due to the down payment on a house they could have had or they have good condition lightly modded cars. I fall into the good condition lightly modded crowd. The older crowd, in most cases, can afford MUCH nicer cars but enjoy not having a car payment and take pride in their well maintained cars. Owners in this category tend to flame the turbo / motor swap posters b/c we know what a waste it is to dump cash into an old car and we know how much they will regret it later in life. It really is a little sad to see young guys going into debt / spending their hard earned cash on a depreciating asset.

Then there is that rare group of owners who have the $$$$ and just don't care. They have loads of disposable income and chose to spend it on an old car because they can and because they enjoy it. More power to them. These people are few and far between. They usually keep to themselves b/c they get sick of being pelted with questions from people with no real intention or the means of following through.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Pervis Anathema

Then there is that rare group of owners who have the $$$$ and just don't care. They have loads of disposable income and chose to spend it on an old car because they can and because they enjoy it. More power to them. These people are few and far between. They usually keep to themselves b/c they get sick of being pelted with questions from people with no real intention or the means of following through.
never seen one of these owning a 3rd gen. if i had large ammounts of disposable cash, an 89 maxima would NOT be my poison
Old 02-17-2007, 06:41 AM

I would still keep my Maxima... but I'm weird like that.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by mtcookson
I would still keep my Maxima... but I'm weird like that.
yeah, but you're talking about comming from nothing(not meant offensively) into lots of cash.

i dont know anyone who has alot of cash and says, hey i'm going to dump 20k into a mediocre late80's early 90's 4 door sedan.

if they have cash to burn they are burning it on a more maintream car, civic, mustang, camaro, 300z 240, etc, not mom's maxima. i think most people that heavily modded a max is because it's what they had to work with and slowly dumped cash into it. i know i did, lost every penny, but i wouldnt have it any other way. i enjoyed my time with my max, i wish i still had it, but life goes on. most of my big dollar parts are in my 4th gen, so it wasnt a huge loss, but things like my tails, shaved doors, body kit, paint were a waste in the long run.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:30 AM

Ahh, I get it. I'm still working on coming out of the nothing part though more or less.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:31 AM

I fall under the category of .. "Im Broke, because i spend all my money on my maxima" Which really wasnt all that much money in the first place.. With buying my car 5 years ago... ive still probably only got about 10-11k into it..4500 initially, and then the other 5500-6500 over 5 years time...
Old 02-17-2007, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by mtcookson
Ahh, I get it. I'm still working on coming out of the nothing part though more or less.
lol, i think we all are. except for the guy with the cts-v as his "spare car"
Old 02-17-2007, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by shavedmax
never seen one of these owning a 3rd gen. if i had large ammounts of disposable cash, an 89 maxima would NOT be my poison
I am not talking wealthy, just lots of spending money. There is some guy in Australia that I group into this category and a few of the mods. Then again, I don't know these people. For all I know they have piles of debt.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by maxmaxima91
I fall under the category of .. "Im Broke, because i spend all my money on my maxima" Which really wasnt all that much money in the first place.. With buying my car 5 years ago... ive still probably only got about 10-11k into it..4500 initially, and then the other 5500-6500 over 5 years time...
We're got about the same amount invested. You must have done it better than me...you've got a turbo!
Old 02-17-2007, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by maxitech
We're got about the same amount invested. You must have done it better than me...you've got a turbo!

Saves alot of money when you can do All the fabrication and work yourself.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:38 PM
I miss my VE

Originally Posted by shavedmax
I believe a guy by the name of 4signs or something like that may just fit in that category. Has crap loads of stuff done to the car, but never posts.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pervis Anathema
I am not talking wealthy, just lots of spending money. There is some guy in Australia that I group into this category and a few of the mods. Then again, I don't know these people. For all I know they have piles of debt.
i wouldnt consider any of the moderators well off. dont know any personally, but they have all been on here at least 5 years, when these cars were comparable to what a 4th gen i today, 4-5k investment, at the time only mode of transportation, and the mods started little by little. you have to maintenance, that justifies an upgrade, and it slowly snowballs into 15k. at the time the car was still relatively new, so no one was buying it to fix one up.

take me for example. i bought my car 6 years ago from a buddy that wanted a 5speed. i paid 3k(owing him $) it had a "rebuilt" trans, that crapped out after 3 weeks and i dumped another 1500 into it. worked at a stereo shop at the time that allowed me to shave the doors and do the gs300 tails there. didnt have the money to paint the car, stayed in primer for 2 years.g/f(now wife) bought me e36's for my birth day,i bought cheap 16's used, juiced the car with spare parts from a friend, spent way more than a new setup in parts, had to buy a new setup anyway. bought 4th gen leather because it was cheap, didnt fit, tried to sell it,. couldnt, made it fit. bought the stillen kit, new wheels off a g/d thread, tires off the same friend that bought tires for his 5sp bmw that he wrecked, (Lol)decided to paint the car, bought a parts car, reshaved the doors, changed the tails to wrx's, spend a month sanding the crap out of the car, luckily had a hookup to paint it. changed some of the interior, and voila, after 3 years dumped close to 20k including the cost of the car. i am not rich by any means, just stupid and young and wanted something flashy(still do, but not as stupid) while i did all that i lived at home, paycheck to paycheck, getting yelled at by my parents why i'm wasting money on a car. once it was done though, they understood. unfortunately, after i bought a house i couldnt afford the insurance, it sat in my yard, i did some stupids modifications to it and destroyed the car. after 2 years i decided to strip it and junk it. 20k down the drain, but the experience i gained on it and the friends i made with it are priceless and i wouldnt have it any other way.

stu(never spoke to him, he's just the 3rd gen legend) did ALOT to his car before i ever started on my car, so maybe he had money to burn, but he had burned it on a relatively new car, not an old one at the time.
n34jz, did a ton of work to his car, it's practically brand new, but i know him very well, he's not rich, and he scraped up whatever change he had to do what he did too.
michael just loves buying 3rd gens, but he does all the labor (just like me) to save on costs. he too isnt lightling his cigars with $20 bills.

as far as performance mods,
matt bought his car a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away, when 3rd gens were newer(higher cost of investment) and he's become an entusiast. he didnt go out of his way to buy an older car to restore. it was probably his daily, whick turned into a race car.

danny just makes believe he has a 3rd gen, it's like bigfoot.

jeff i think also just "became" an enthusiast, but when his car got stolen he moved on, he knew when to cut his losses and move on.

i dont know the mods as well as others, what i'm saying above is my opinion on them, but i dont think any of them if they were given 20k to spend on a car would take 3 to buy a 3rd gen and spend 18 on mods. i sure wouldnt.

ps (if i missed anyone sorry, i didnt mean this to be a hey look how everyone got started thread. i know goon will probably want his name in there, but primer and fiberglass dont count )
Old 02-17-2007, 05:14 PM
mod or sell?

Part of owning an older car is knowing when it just isn't worth it anymore.
I sold off my camaro last june because it was going to cost me major $$ to get it to where I wanted it to be and it was in better condition than most of the maximas in this forum. Is it really logical to spend 3-4k on a car that is only worth that? not really, IMO.

But what do I know, I don't own a 3rd gen
Old 02-17-2007, 06:15 PM

Let's see the Caddy!

Quick Reply: Anyone know this Guy, is He here? '89VG-T