3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

New Phenolic Intake Spacers are now available!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 06:48 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Update for those effected by emissions testing: I will be offering a replacement EGR tube for those that can't install the EGR Block Plate. This replacement tube will be made of 304 Stainless Steel and will be FLEXIBLE! Also the correct fittings will be attached and that will make it VERY easy to install!! The stock EGR tube has always been somewhat of a pain, but the flexible metal EGR tube will make it much easier now!

The projected price for these replacement tubes will be $50 each with the purchase of a spacer kit. I will not be making any money on these, but I am offering this tube to help those that can't delete their EGR system and still want an intake spacer kit.

For those of you that are interested, please post here so I can get an idea of quantity I need to order for the first batch. Once I place the order, it may take a few weeks to get the package since it's coming from overseas.

Thank you!
Old 02-22-2007, 08:08 AM

Now there is excellent customer service. Offering a fix for those who need it.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:18 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Do you have or can you make a spacer for a VQ35DE for the 6th Gen Max???
Old 02-22-2007, 08:23 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by chernmax
Do you have or can you make a spacer for a VQ35DE for the 6th Gen Max???
I am currently in the process of developing a kit for the 02-03 3.5L Maxima. I haven't looked at the 6th gen yet. I don't know what is different between the 5.5 and 6th gen Maxima. But if I get a test vehicle, I can definitely make them for the 6th genners!
Old 02-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Just a reminder vendors need to sponsor the Org.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:16 AM
STFU n00b!

Aaron, I'm in for the EGR tube. I leave it blocked off 364 days a year, but will gladly pay $50 to pass inspection every July.

Oh.. BTW.. I know you already shipped it, but I didn't need the TB coolant bypass or the EGR block plate. did all that on my own years ago. shoulda mentioned that before so you could keep the parts for someone else.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:17 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by MrGone
Just a reminder vendors need to sponsor the Org.
it's been discussed with with him.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:20 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
Aaron, I'm in for the EGR tube. I leave it blocked off 364 days a year, but will gladly pay $50 to pass inspection every July.

Oh.. BTW.. I know you already shipped it, but I didn't need the TB coolant bypass or the EGR block plate. did all that on my own years ago.
i might get the EGR tube too...depends on the length.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:48 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Oh.. BTW.. I know you already shipped it, but I didn't need the TB coolant bypass or the EGR block plate. did all that on my own years ago. shoulda mentioned that before so you could keep the parts for someone else.
Alright. Thanks. I'll add you to the EGR tube list.

Yeah, you should receive the package today. It's ok. You can keep those parts. Or if my EGR block plate looks better, you can use that one instead. Whatever you want.

For future reference, I can definitely customize an order for people and that can change the price for the kit. All they need to do is contact me and tell me what you need and I'll give you a price.

MrGone, me and Dan discussed this a little bit. He gave me some instructions. For now he said I could stay a normal user, but will need to change to a vendor if I actually started selling these kits on a bigger scale. So far, only a couple of orders have been filled. So the demand I guess is not there with the VE crowd. I tried searching and couldn't find any vendor information on the org. Dan told me to ask Sprint about all that.

Dan, the tube length should be close to 12". It will be just long enough to work on the VE. I need to get my hands on a VG EGR tube so I can determine that length and order the hoses so that they will work on the VE and VG. That is IF the fittings are the same on the VG and VE EGR tube.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:46 PM

I just heard a story about someone making spacers for there truck...out of wood.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:02 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by maxitech
I just heard a story about someone making spacers for there truck...out of wood.
Yeah, it will work, for a few days when it warps and starts forming intake leaks! But yeah, some people have used this for a weekend at the track and it works fine as a carb spacer. Just doesn't last that long.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:16 PM
STFU n00b!

Got mine today!
I must say I'm VERY impressed with the packaging of the kit. it's WAY more professional than my "throw everything in a ziplock baggie and ship it" method!

It also looks like I'm going to be tearing my engine down again, so the dyno stuff will have to wait. after discussing my smoking issues with the mechanic today, he thinks my rings never seated, and we're going to have to pull the engine apart, hone the block, and re-ring the thing. As annoying as that is, it will also give me the opportunity to measure the pistons IN the block for clearance between them and the head/valves in order to determine the maximum lift and duration for my cams. only good things will come of this.

Aaron, as far as the sponsorship/Vendor thing on here goes, talk to Sprint and tell him what you're planning to see out of the sales of your stuff on .orgy. he made me a very fair deal on sponsorship pricing. I was fine with the number he quoted me, and have no problem paying that kind of money to be able to advertise my wares on here.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:57 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Got mine today!
I must say I'm VERY impressed with the packaging of the kit. it's WAY more professional than my "throw everything in a ziplock baggie and ship it" method!
Thanks! It's good to know I've made you happy with my packaging!
Old 02-27-2007, 04:10 PM
kthxbye2u

ive been reading the instructions

they are nice, ill need them for this weekend
Old 02-27-2007, 04:22 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

I put my egr block kit on monday,so far no cel from the egr temp sensor...
Old 02-27-2007, 06:31 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by xx-Marshall-xx
ive been reading the instructions

they are nice, ill need them for this weekend
Thanks. Let me know if you need any help.

Originally Posted by MyGreenMax94
I put my egr block kit on monday,so far no cel from the egr temp sensor...
That's good to know. Thanks for your help.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:56 AM

If that work for my VQ30DE-K, put me down for a set. Excuse my ignorance but is there an EGR on a cali spec 2k1 ?

How much to ship to: H1A 2W8 Montreal, Canada
Old 03-01-2007, 06:58 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by doublea
If that work for my VQ30DE-K, put me down for a set. Excuse my ignorance but is there an EGR on a cali spec 2k1 ?

How much to ship to: H1A 2W8 Montreal, Canada
I am sorry, but this kit is made for the VE30DE motor in the 92-94 Maxima SE. So it will not fit on your motor.

At the moment, I don't have any plans to make a kit for your engine because your intake manifold is made of a composite type of plastic and already stays pretty cool. The purpose of these spacers is to prevent the transfer of heat from the lower IM to the upper IM. So, right now, I don't see any gains being possible by creating this spacer for your motor.

I can't comment about the EGR system on the 5th gen since I am not designing a kit for that motor. The 5th gen forum will be a better place to ask this question.

But yes, I do ship to Canada. If you are still interested, please email or PM me so I can give you a shipping quote. Thanks.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:11 AM
Alex_V

Might be a little ot for the other thread and I figured Id bump this one.

But do we need 2 stock gaskets for where ever you place it or is RTV enough?

~Alex

Old 03-02-2007, 05:04 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by Alex_V
Might be a little ot for the other thread and I figured Id bump this one.

But do we need 2 stock gaskets for where ever you place it or is RTV enough?

~Alex
I recommend Silicone Black RTV. It's good for up to 500*F and works great on the intake manifold. I've never had a problem with it.

If you prefer, you can also use 2 stock gaskets on the VE kit.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:53 AM
kthxbye2u

BTW everyone, after installing the spacers and try to put on your FSTB...
its not going to fit.

You are going to have to use a 5th gen FSTB (yes it will fit http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=456101 )

Aaron supplied me with that information and MyGreenMax94 reminded me
Old 03-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

its not going to fit.

You are going to have to use a 5th gen FSTB (yes it will fit http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=456101 )

with the 5th gen bar...is the hood going to close?
Old 03-05-2007, 09:04 AM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by DanNY
with the 5th gen bar...is the hood going to close?
always has before.
you may notice a little misalignment at the rear of the hood, but that varies.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Alex_V

VGs wont have that problem

~Alex

Old 03-05-2007, 05:41 PM
2nd Gen Boostinator

Originally Posted by Aaron92SE
It will work BETTER on a turbocharged car. Just like every other mod out there.

But this will definitely help a ton with intake temps! Since the motor generally runs hotter with turbocharged applications, it will be able to lower the intake manifold temps even more!

And the part is good for about 300 degrees! If you're experiencing lower intake manifold temps of 300 degrees, that means your oil and coolant is about 330 degrees. Haha You have bigger things to worry about!

And also, the part is made of a VERY strong type of phenolic. It's as hard as the surrounding aluminum and also expands at the same rate! So sealing problems won't be an issue, even on high manifold pressure applications.

I think they make a spacer kit for the 3.5 350z, but the intake manifolds are different, right?

But didn't I hear about someone making a kit for the 3.5 Maxima? If they don't make one already, I'm sure I can make the kit.

All I need is to arrange for someone to come out to my shop and let me do my testing.

+1 for the vg30 kit... but when you do the TB spacer make it 60MM instead of the stock MMage
Old 03-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Alex_V

The 3rd gen VGs have a much different TB. It probably wont work for 2ed gens w/o lots of custom work. Im not sure if the piece that connects to the TB's and intake piping would hit the exhaust manifold or not. It will get quite hot though.

But he might make them for the 2nd gens if theres enough interest, PM him.

~Alex

Old 03-06-2007, 07:09 PM
NWP Engineering.com

its not going to fit.

The 5th gen bar is the only one I have experience with on the VE. I got a cheap one off ebay and it fit just fine. It clears all the coil packs even with the spacer kit installed. It does touch the large AC line, but that's not an issue at all.

Big_E-Dog, as Alex said, the VG30E on the 3rd gen has a much different throttle body design. If there is demand for the 2nd gen kit, then I will be interested in making this. But I doubt there will be enough demand. Contact me if you have any more questions about the 2nd gen.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:01 AM
mod or sell?

The 5th gen bar is the only one I have experience with on the VE. I got a cheap one off ebay and it fit just fine. It clears all the coil packs even with the spacer kit installed. It does touch the large AC line, but that's not an issue at all.
the touching only affects the 5th gen bar that have curved brackets. the bar with straight brackets didn't contact the line on a stock VE, I ASSume the spacer won't make a difference
Old 03-08-2007, 01:42 PM
kthxbye2u

By the way Aaron...

I AM doing my kit this weekend starting friday?... or sat after noon

i have everything i need

if you would like pics and stuff i would take pics for you guys and what ever

"SO happy yeah, SO happy yeah"
Old 03-08-2007, 02:58 PM

Have you looked into making any of these for the VQ30DE. I know a lot of people have switched over to the 00VI but with those of us with MEVI's or USIM's I would think this could help. I know that you'll need a test car, but if this is something you'd look into I'll post it in the 4th gen forum to see if anyone is in your area.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:19 PM
NWP Engineering.com

By the way Aaron...

I AM doing my kit this weekend starting friday?... or sat after noon

i have everything i need

if you would like pics and stuff i would take pics for you guys and what ever

"SO happy yeah, SO happy yeah"
Awesome! Feel free to call me if you run into any problems during the installation. I'm always happy to help out, as you know.

Originally Posted by hacim105
Have you looked into making any of these for the VQ30DE. I know a lot of people have switched over to the 00VI but with those of us with MEVI's or USIM's I would think this could help. I know that you'll need a test car, but if this is something you'd look into I'll post it in the 4th gen forum to see if anyone is in your area.
Yes, I will be happy to make one for the 4th genners. And I am SURE it will be a beneficial mod if you have the MEVI or stock IM. My only concerns with this car might be the EGR system since most 4th genners have to put up with emissions and if any coolant flows through the TB or IM. If you bypass the coolant on the 4th gen, it might cause idle issues. I'll find that out for sure before I start designing the kit.

Please start a thread and we'll see what kind of interest there is. I would love to be able to make the 4th gen kit. The 3.5 guys are really excited that I'm making a kit for them. I hope to have that released within the next month.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

I am located less than an hour east of Raleigh, NC.
I'm even closer to raleigh...
Old 03-11-2007, 09:21 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by capedcadaver
I'm even closer to raleigh...
Awesome! If you are interested in driving out to my shop, then I will be more than happy to design the kit based on your car. I haven't made the VG30E Maxima kit yet.

I see you just found the VG thread. Please post all your VG related questions there. This thread is just for the VE guys.

Thank you.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:42 PM

Would you by any chance wanna post the instructions you have made up Aaron, so I know what I'm getting myself into before I say 'gimme one'?
Old 03-13-2007, 06:58 PM
kthxbye2u

Just so everyone can know... i installed mine this weekend i have the pics but i dont want to resize them lol

edit... got a sweet program that resizes all at once

here

Old 03-13-2007, 07:20 PM
kthxbye2u

more

went all the way to my KS look how crappy it looked
Old 03-13-2007, 07:21 PM
kthxbye2u

deep in the valley of the shadows of death ahahah

can you say ported? done by Aaron
Old 03-13-2007, 07:24 PM
kthxbye2u

i lost my 12mm... couldnt sleep that night, found it the next morning

rolled down that far haha

spacer is on

Old 03-13-2007, 07:28 PM
kthxbye2u

Old 03-13-2007, 07:30 PM
kthxbye2u

there they are...

i have a video... crappy @ss night video sooo ill take another one during the day for you guys

Quick Reply: New Phenolic Intake Spacers are now available!!