3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Please Comment on Tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2001, 12:32 PM

What are some nice, wide, road eating, bite my dust tires that I should consider for my maxima. I'll be buying 18" rims soon and would like to know what mean looking pair of tires to dress em up with. Thanks!
Old 07-10-2001, 12:49 PM

...and for those who've been supporting/flaming me and my maxima excapades...

I decided NOT to invest the big bucks into this maxima, instead, I'll treat it's little problems so that I can at least have it for a few more months, save some cash and build a bit of credit so that I can pick up a '98 or newer Maxima.

I'll just try to make it a bit more stylish by adding the rims and the paint job I guess.

Old 07-11-2001, 05:11 AM
TerribleTed

What do you want the tires for Looks or Performance?

If performance try a nice plus 1 combo with 225/55 16 or 225/50 16 tires... Bridgestone Potenza RE730s are supposed to be pretty darn good... as are Yoko AVS-I tires.

I use www.tirerack.com to get all my tires, and they have great support and will be able to help you pick tires and rims that will work well with your car.

Big heavy rims and tires = slower car

Right sized light rims with good tires = faster car

If you want looks I cannot help you. I don't understand the entire huge wheel, big @$$ wing, boomin system, lowered beyond any usability thing.

Old 07-11-2001, 05:52 AM

Originally posted by TerribleTed
What do you want the tires for Looks or Performance?

If performance try a nice plus 1 combo with 225/55 16 or 225/50 16 tires... Bridgestone Potenza RE730s are supposed to be pretty darn good... as are Yoko AVS-I tires.

I use www.tirerack.com to get all my tires, and they have great support and will be able to help you pick tires and rims that will work well with your car.

Big heavy rims and tires = slower car

Right sized light rims with good tires = faster car

If you want looks I cannot help you. I don't understand the entire huge wheel, big @$$ wing, boomin system, lowered beyond any usability thing.
Those RE730's are going to be what will be going on my new one next year, provided they're still made by then. Got my current rollers from Tirerack also.