3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

how much your max means to you

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 11:04 PM
Max In Process

how much your max means to you

this morning i took a drive having the world on my shoulders just thinking i have my max made everything better since my mom died and i received my max helps me get through and people seeing how much money and effort i put into it shows i have a bright future into cars shows that this max means the world to me
thats my peace how bout yall
Old 06-24-2007, 03:39 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Mine is just a way I get from point A to point B. I dream of replacing it one day with a G35 but I am not sure I could stomach the payment.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:31 AM
bald aggression est 78

my max means a lot to me because the guy that i bought it from his mother passed away too it originaly her car.i found her obituary in the trunk.so its a dedication car of sorts to my great grand parents and mrs shirley mclain
Old 06-24-2007, 06:28 AM

getting a 350z soon.

keeping my 92 maxi for daily driving.

nissan has yet to make another maxima really worth its monetary value.
and this is coming from a previous owner of a 5th gen and a current owner of a 6th gen.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:37 AM
mod or sell?

I don't own one anymore.
to me it was a car, a fun one at that, but still just a car.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:10 AM

Mine means alot to me.
-Got it when I got married(now a to be happy family of 4)
-Taken it to Toronto, San Fran, up and town the east coast several times with NO mechanical failure.
-It's an outlet for that pinned up creative frustration.
-From what it was, it's come a Loooong way.

Means enough to me now I don't want to sell it.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:22 AM
2 VE's are better than one!

Mine means so much to me that I've somehow got thousands and thousands of dollars dumped into a 15 yr old car.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:38 AM

I had a 81 200sx that ran for me 13yrs and 240k miles and survived 6 girl friends and still looked good.

I got my first Maxima a GXE in 93, when the family was growing to three and my wife loved the extra power that 200sx had, and like the maxima for the same reason. Now that first Maxima has 250k miles lived in 4 states and seen 3 kids and still today looks good. 2yrs ago I got my wife a 94 SE so she had a run around car of the type she knew and trusted. It holds the whole family in a pinch except the kids yell "she touching me".

We each use our maximas daily, they are run around work cars in area here in Memphis that I see daily other 3rdG running around also - ALL still looking good... except the one with 22" low profile tires.

To anser the "how much your max means to you?". It means |<---------------------------------------This much--------------------------------------->|
Old 06-24-2007, 06:35 PM

survived 6 girlfriends, lol, hilarious way to look at it
Old 06-24-2007, 07:48 PM

My car means a lot to me.
OREGON STATE - BACK TO BACK COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
Old 06-24-2007, 08:01 PM

My Max is the bread winner. The one that gets me to work rain ,snow or any storm. The Max will do the job. Means so much to me.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by alextothestars
getting a 350z soon.
nissan has yet to make another maxima really worth its monetary value.
and this is coming from a previous owner of a 5th gen and a current owner of a 6th gen.
LOL, as if the 350 is worth it. I don't like where Nissan has gone with the Max and the 350 could have been so much more. The 300zx was a work of art, the 350 is forgettable.

Originally Posted by James92SE
Mine means so much to me that I've somehow got thousands and thousands of dollars dumped into a 15 yr old car.
Yeah, no kidding man. I've often wondered if I'm crazy, but then someone comes out with another go fast part I have to have. I think its a sickness.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by James92SE
Between initial price, mods, and maintenance, I have somewhere between 10 and 12k into mine...

I've had it almost 4 years and it has been with me through a great transitional period in my life...So far I've driven it about 65,000 miles and I still think it's a great car!
Old 06-25-2007, 10:36 AM
Please. Call me John. I insist

My maxima is like my second girlfriend it means a lot to me even though Brian may say its a slow VG rust bucket, I could care less what some people think about it

Reason for sentimental value for the most part is that this is my first REAL car (I've had 2 hondas and 2 chevy's before) and this is the car I have learned to fix myself and take care of myself. Besides, I wanted a Maxima since I was like 14 and I am now 21
Old 06-25-2007, 10:53 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

My Green one has a long history with me,i first purchased the car in jan 2000...Pretty much trouble free until about 03,i researched the internet,found Maxima.org....The rest is in several thousand posts here on the org....

Truth be told,this website is the reason i still have this car and also purchased a second maxima for my wife,not to mention the 3rd gens overall dependability is imo,above average in most cases...

The camaraderie on this site is like no other automotive forum i have ever seen...
Old 06-25-2007, 11:38 AM

In a month it will be 5 years since I got mine.

I think of it as a dog that I have brought up from a puppy. It keeps learning new tricks too!
Old 06-25-2007, 11:39 AM

Does it "roll over" too?
Old 06-25-2007, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Hectic
I LIVE IN OMAHA!!!

My maxima means alot to me more than I could have ever imagned when I first bought the car. Plus its my first car that I actually went and bought by myself. So its alllll mine.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:54 AM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by ColombianMax
Does it "roll over" too?
I hope not
Old 06-25-2007, 04:55 PM

Mine means a lot to me because I am personally responsible for bringing the car back to life. It was purchased brand new by a female cousin, and about 2 years ago, my brother bought it and just left it in our yard to one day rust. The car only had about 130,000 miles on the clock and ran well. But it was ugly. It needed paint something fierce. Bumpers didn't fit from being "fixed" by heat guns after sustaining a accident with a deer, etc. I had a Lexus LS400 that was a real trooper, but I was afraid of having to shell out hella money if it ever tore up. So I sold it and got the max from my bro back in February of this year. After work, I would go to a shop owned by a friend and work on the car myself. Every night for nearly 2 months, I would work on that car until about midnight... It literally wore me out, but it was worth it. Now, I am thinking about a 5 speed swap (I already have the parts car). Anyway.... yeah. My car has serious sentimental value right now. It's gonna be with me for the duration.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Sexier Than Simpson

I love my Maximas.

The 1996 I got in 1999 and put 160k on her. Buffalo likes to rust cars and I just wanted a newer car.

So in April I bought a 2003 SE 6speed.

I have been driving Maxima's for 9 years in December.

I miss my old car but like the new one too.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by MyGreenMax94
The camaraderie on this site is like no other automotive forum i have ever seen...
Group hug!!!

Even though neither of us made it to Maxus, I hope to cross paths with you one day, Wayne...same goes for Matt...
Old 06-25-2007, 10:04 PM

You know... you guys could all cross paths in Chicago
Old 06-25-2007, 10:10 PM

Mine only got me from A to B at first. Then things started going bad one by one. Passanger window started acting funny, a rust hole appeared over a rear left fender, a few dash lights burned out, and finally my transmission went to hell. I like it when things work, so I started fixing those little and not so little things. The more time I put into it, the more attached I became to it. Then I looked at a neighbor's old '65 Ford truck, and thought to myself, why can't my junker live that long? So now, I'll keep fixing it untill it literally falls apart. And I'm not gonna let it fall apart. That's how it is for me.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by maxima_man1992
Originally Posted by Hectic
I LIVE IN OMAHA!!!

SO DO THE BEAVERS! 3rd straight year to Omaha, 2nd as champions

Did you go to any CWS games?
Old 06-26-2007, 05:47 AM

Word...my maxima ( 3rd gen) was everything, when my max wasnt in great shape it put me in bad shape. I dropped thosands of dollars to keep my
1st project going and loved it to death. If only i had used the org alot earlier i may have been able to keep it further knowing certain failures before hand.

Soon to leave the driveway.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:53 PM

its funny how much a web site can impact so many people of so many religions, back grounds and beliefs, and some how it all works, on a level most people do not understand, as someone said this is a sickness, a disease that we spread onto ourselves and others around us.

there are days that i am spending with my girlfriend and a nice max drives by and im like: Hey look at that its got the stillen kit with hid conversion and it sounds like its got the whole exhaust done, deep and growly, 350Z wheels to boot.

she does think i am crazy, crazy to spend money on a 10 y/o car (yeah i got a 4th gen), to throw 91 octane at it with todays high prices. washing and waxing as much as i do, it is crazy.

But what is crazy? is driving a motorbike at insane speeds crazy? modding the heck out of a Ford truck putting huge mud tires on and taking it off road is crazy ? who is to say a man with a car that has had thousands of dollars spent on it just to modify its look and its ability to go the quarter mile a half a second faster is crazy ?

Jumping out of an airplane wit ha cloth parachute is crazy, jumping off a cliff with a ruber rope tied around ur legs crazy, going into a highschool and shooting 32 innocent kids is crazy (for real), being a gang member and robing people raping wemen, slashing throats and shooting at people is crazy. having a girlfriend that makes u happy one day and makes u feel sad the next is crazy, but ure still with her, still with her for the simple fact that u cant be withut her, because u love her, and because u r so attached to her that u cant ever let go freewillingly, now thats crazy.

I heard someone say that a man can fall in love with a car just as much as he can fall in love with a woman (please dont stick anything into the exhaust pipe).

crazy = hobby !
Old 06-28-2007, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by andrei3333
its funny how much a web site can impact so many people of so many religions, back grounds and beliefs, and some how it all works, on a level most people do not understand, as someone said this is a sickness, a disease that we spread onto ourselves and others around us.

there are days that i am spending with my girlfriend and a nice max drives by and im like: Hey look at that its got the stillen kit with hid conversion and it sounds like its got the whole exhaust done, deep and growly, 350Z wheels to boot.

she does think i am crazy, crazy to spend money on a 10 y/o car (yeah i got a 4th gen), to throw 91 octane at it with todays high prices. washing and waxing as much as i do, it is crazy.

But what is crazy? is driving a motorbike at insane speeds crazy? modding the heck out of a Ford truck putting huge mud tires on and taking it off road is crazy ? who is to say a man with a car that has had thousands of dollars spent on it just to modify its look and its ability to go the quarter mile a half a second faster is crazy ?

Jumping out of an airplane wit ha cloth parachute is crazy, jumping off a cliff with a ruber rope tied around ur legs crazy, going into a highschool and shooting 32 innocent kids is crazy (for real), being a gand member and robing people raping wemen, slashing throats and shooting at people is crazy. having a girlfriend that makes u happy one day and makes u feel sad the next is crazy, but ure still with her, still with her for the simple fact that u cant be withut her, because u love her, and because u r so attached to her that u cant ever let go freewillingly, now thats crazy.

I heard someone say that a man can fall in love with a car just as much as he can fall in love with a woman (please dont stick anything into the exhaust pipe).

crazy = hobby !
Damn son, you should be a poet or something
Old 06-28-2007, 08:53 AM

love it so much that it gets washed once a year
Old 06-28-2007, 09:01 AM

bought my max when i came home from iraq last year. Before i left i had an 89 Chevy beretta GTU. both FWD same displacement but now i got a four door. Means to me just another car but, i think i can see spending some greenbacks to get it looked at slow and moving it fast.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:01 PM

Man........

I love my Max. I bought it for $150.00 [and ive gotten so much more life otta it than I or the seller even imagined!]
This thing never quits. Sure, it needs some work, but heck.... Its worth it. By far... Ive wanted a Max since I was 13.
Ive even thought about keeping it and modding the crap otta it [but keeping the original parts].. Id like to have this car for a lonnngg time. It would be cool to be driving one[3rd gen] in good shape mech/exterior wise and be the only one out there in the next 20-30 years.

**exspecially when the car was made the year you were born... teehee**
Old 06-28-2007, 09:04 PM

holy crap that was cool....

My post time is 11:01 PM and braxsusriely's was 11:01 AM!!! hahah
Old 06-28-2007, 11:27 PM

damn 150 bucks? I guess Brian has competition finding cheap 3rd gens
Old 06-29-2007, 01:23 AM

damn 150 bucks? I guess Brian has competition finding cheap 3rd gens
It's easy to find cheap 3rd gens. Try it and make a few bucks. Although $150 is damn low. Wonder what was wrong with his car
Old 06-29-2007, 04:02 AM

haha. Im a chick.
I bought it from a close friend. The max does have a problem though....
The studs in the manifold are broken off in the head. And the trannys gonna go in a year or so. haha.
Oh but I am getting a free maxima in a week or two. Its a GXE and its tan. Needs a valve job though...ehh.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:49 AM
mod or sell?

can't find anything decent around me for $500 anymore
I'm stuck with this Shentra for now. anyone have a spare VE with trans and wiring/ECU
Old 06-29-2007, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
can't find anything decent around me for $500 anymore
I'm stuck with this Shentra for now. anyone have a spare VE with trans and wiring/ECU

That'd be a neat lil project
Old 06-29-2007, 11:15 AM
mod or sell?

That'd be a neat lil project
VQ has already been done.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:46 PM

vq35 on newer sentra i was aware of but not on b13
Old 06-29-2007, 01:56 PM

Wow, whats the weight distribution on that car... 70/30?

Quick Reply: how much your max means to you