3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2001, 07:20 AM

whats up guys...I ordered some white face gauges for my 93 GXE from www.importintelligence.com. They where only 25$, I figured how could that be beat..well when I got them I found out how..the installation is hell. Does anybody know how to remove the gauge cluster? With some good directions. The directions that came with the gauges really suck.

Thanks

P.S. If I cant get them to work and you want them. Let me know.
Old 07-25-2001, 11:05 AM

Ok, this actually isn't that hard, at least not once you've gotten used to it, which i've done this about 20times. Also, I'm obviously not sitting in my car right now, and I've taken apart many other car's dashes, so if you're reading what i have written here, and then you're trying to do what I say, and they just don't match, then you can just make a post telling me how stupid i am.

But theres pretty much like 4 screws under by where the steering wheel goes. Then there's 2 under the dash when you look inside of it. Theres a couple more sitting around, you just pretty much have to look around. Then you get the two main plastic pieces off from the dash off, and then there's the main piece which is the part of the dash that contains the Speedo, Tach, etc. take that out, there's like 4 screws or so holding that in. Then you have to look behind the piece, and be careful, because there are some cables (power and computer) that are running into the car and to the piece. Disconnect those, and then you can taker that into your house or whatever and work with it there. Pretty easy from there.

Sorry I didn't go into so much more depth, I had typed this whole thing before, then my computer botched or something, and everything I just typed got erased. IGGUS was not happy. So now here you go. Good luck, they'll look nice.

-IGGUS
Old 07-26-2001, 07:36 AM

thanks

thanks alot iggus..im going to try it out
Old 07-26-2001, 10:48 PM
MaximaSE91

if you want a set of real se gauges i have a set 150.00 complete the whole gauge cluster assy just plug it in and go