3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Rear Window Regulator Assistance

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2001, 12:44 AM

passenger rear window regulator just jumped ship and i fear it will rain soon. looking for anyone in wisconsin who has done this before and would like to help. I will provide parts and/or beer for those interested in helping. also willing to drive wherever- will attempt to provide tools.

Thanks-
drop an email to gavinl@netnet.net
Old 07-26-2001, 05:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by The Sleeper
passenger rear window regulator just jumped ship and i fear it will rain soon. looking for anyone in wisconsin who has done this before and would like to help. I will provide parts and/or beer for those interested in helping. also willing to drive wherever- will attempt to provide tools.

Thanks-
drop an email to gavinl@netnet.net
I bet you could do it yourself
if only there were a website with pics and a how-to for this

click on link below to go to my page
Old 07-26-2001, 08:16 AM

Originally posted by «§»Craig B«§»

I bet you could do it yourself
if only there were a website with pics and a how-to for this

click on link below to go to my page
craig, although your site helps alot, it doesnt tell how to repair the regulators. :smile:
i finally did get my regulator out, cut the cable, rewound new cable, put it back on, no dice. the window wont go down, so what happens? i now have a window that stays up, i disconnected the switch on the door so my dumb@$$ friends wont mess with it. when i get motivated i'll take the door apart again and fix it, i think its pretty simple but i could be wrong.
Old 07-26-2001, 08:20 AM

Originally posted by MaDMaX024

craig, although your site helps alot, it doesnt tell how to repair the regulators. :smile:
i finally did get my regulator out, cut the cable, rewound new cable, put it back on, no dice. the window wont go down, so what happens? i now have a window that stays up, i disconnected the switch on the door so my dumb@$$ friends wont mess with it. when i get motivated i'll take the door apart again and fix it, i think its pretty simple but i could be wrong.
sorry about that; I've never tried to fix my own so I wouldnt know how to do it
At least you got yours to stay up for now and hopefully you'll be able to get it working sometime soon. If not, the new regulator is only $60 or 70 which isn't all that bad.
Old 07-26-2001, 08:34 AM

Originally posted by «§»Craig B«§»

sorry about that; I've never tried to fix my own so I wouldnt know how to do it
At least you got yours to stay up for now and hopefully you'll be able to get it working sometime soon. If not, the new regulator is only $60 or 70 which isn't all that bad.
its alright you dont know how to fix them.lol i'd probably be better off just getting 2 new ones with the amount of time i spent trying to repair just one (my passengers rear window doesnt like to go up now, so i unplugged that too).
i have enough cable and crimper things to do another regulator. oh well, this sort of thing doesnt exactly have priority. maybe the day i do my speedo, i'll redo the windows. now i just need a garage 'cause its so hot out.
repairing is pretty simple if you have patience, and dont try to use the old cable. i used new cable and just measured it against the old one, put the crimper things in the same places (once the cable was strung through the track and pulley and "stop") and yadda yadda yadda, my window wont go down, it might just be off track but it doesnt leak so i'm satisfied.
Old 07-26-2001, 04:22 PM

If you can live without that window going up and down then just forget it, otherwise, your best bet is to get a new one. I replaced the driver assembly with a new one since it gets used alot. The driver rear door I just wired up since it doesn't get used much. It was only a little hassle to fix them and they've been working fine since.

Jim
Old 07-27-2001, 01:18 AM

It took me a month to replace my front driver regulator. Its not that it was hard, I couldnt find the time. It took the back seat, literally too, to going out and drinking with my friends. I finally finished it up but I forgot how the door panel goes back on. Theres a metal piece that helps attach the door handle that I couldnt figure out how it went back on. I didnt have the time to mess with it but I will soon, I hope.

Also, maybe Craig can help here, my door is all creaking and squeeky. It kind of creaks when I take off or go around corners. I thought it might go away when I put everything back together (for the most part anyways) but its still there...any ideas?

I just might do the back passenger side too, one of these days, providing I have the monetary funds.
Old 07-27-2001, 05:43 AM

Originally posted by Jeff91SE
It took me a month to replace my front driver regulator. Its not that it was hard, I couldnt find the time. It took the back seat, literally too, to going out and drinking with my friends. I finally finished it up but I forgot how the door panel goes back on. Theres a metal piece that helps attach the door handle that I couldnt figure out how it went back on. I didnt have the time to mess with it but I will soon, I hope.

Also, maybe Craig can help here, my door is all creaking and squeeky. It kind of creaks when I take off or go around corners. I thought it might go away when I put everything back together (for the most part anyways) but its still there...any ideas?

I just might do the back passenger side too, one of these days, providing I have the monetary funds.
the squeking is probably caused by the loose door panel (hopefully)
that metal piece on the panel goes on top of a metal piece on the door in the middle and then they screw together
check my site again and you should be able to see how everything goes together