3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Custom camber/caster plates now available for 3rd gens

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2001, 07:44 PM
Say Candyman 5 times

For those who may have not known, I took on the task of designing custom camber plates for 3rd gens. This is how it will be done. The plates will be ship 7-10 buisness days after receiving payment. Plates will be ship thru USPS Priority Mail with insurance, certified mail or delivery confirmation to protect the buyer and seller.

The cost for the plates will be $270 to your door, we
will pay for shipping. The one thing I ask, after you have made your decision and want these plates just drop me a email/message the day the payment is sent so I can be aware. As of now I'm only able to accept money orders or a personal check (all checks will have to be cleared) I'll be looking into PayPal, but for now PayPal not available

Of course I'm not expecting tons of order, but I'm hopefull. But if you're like myself you will know the benifits of these plates, since no one makes them. For those who want those Intrax or Sprints (even cut springs, but NOT RECOMMENDED) and worried about uneven tire wear this is the solution. No more pulling/wondering, your alignment can be set to factory specs. You can finally have a straight line driving with those 17" wheels. I'm not saying that all plus sive wheels will pull, but these plates will help. These plates will help if your car pulling due to incorrect alignment.

All this time I thought my pulling was due to my tires (radial pull) but the day I got my alignment with these plates the car drives as straight as can be, just how those Nissan designers intended. They just never intended for us to slam our cars and rolling with plus size wheels.

During the alignment process I was able to get 2.75" of total camber movement from maximum negative to positive. I probably could have got more total movement if the tech had unloaded the suspension (taken the wheels off the alignment rack turn-table)

Keep in mind your suspension consists of rubber and metal. "Normally" the metal parts will not wear and you can not stop the rubber from wearing. When these rubber items wear ever so slightly they will have an effect on your alignment. If you have a "slight" front end damage these plates will help correct the problem

For those who may not know, these plates are made from 6061-T6 aircraft billet aluminum 3/8" thick made on a CNC machine. Check my home page for pics. And if you're firmiliar with T-6 it's one of those metal that naturally gets stronger with age. We designed the plates to replace your OEM upper strut mounts, all you will need is your current strut bearing and upper spring perch. We also designed it to keep your current ride height

And if you're into auto-crossing you'll be able to dial in what ever adjustment you want to aid in the turns. These plates do not have graduations marks, so you will have to mark the plates in-order to put back into specs after a fun weekend.

I know there's many more details to talk about that I'm not mentioning so forgive me I'm new to this. If you desire more detail info send me a email mikey_rl@yahoo.com or I'll be watching the board little closer

The payments can be sent to:
CandiMan Plates
23910 Second St #31
Hayward, CA 94541

So please do not hesitate to drop me a email/message. You can check my homepage for pics of my project plates. Once I get a few willing customers, hopefully the news will spread faster
Old 07-26-2001, 09:22 PM

Camber Plates

Excellent job!!! You have done alot of work. I for one know how much time and effort a prototyping project can take. You should be commended. If the camber bolts I got from Matt won't do the trick you are the man!!

Dan
Old 07-26-2001, 09:30 PM
STFU n00b!

oh yeah! I forgot about that! I'll get those in the mail in the morning! LOL

Mike.. check yer mail again. need a tad bit of info..
Old 07-26-2001, 10:18 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

you da man! i'll hopefully be ordering some soon