3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

WHO IS BUILDING THE FASTEST VE TO CLAIM KING

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2000, 07:04 PM

I'll top mikey if it's the last thing i do !!!!!
haha

-shrug-
If i would stop sinking 350 bucks a week into a F'in Dreamcast and games and DVD's maybe i could.
Old 10-23-2000, 08:26 PM
I'm needing a caw

Chris. I don't mean to flame at all now-->

But when you say 400hp easy and Imports are running 8's easy. I must ask you do you know how much all this is gonna cost and how much planning it's gonna take? Not to mention, it's gonna take at least 2-3 engines to do it. I would not hesitate to say after it's all said and done you will be at least 7-10 grand in the hole. You know why? After about 5 grand in engine work, it's gonna take a few G's for suspension and drivetrain developement. Oh you didn't think your stock tranny and axles were gonna take that abuse did ya? And even if you have a 5-sp, you had better at least get a ve 5-sp w/ a limited slip diffy. If not it won't matter if you have 500hp if you can't get it to the ground. Even the VE lsd only goes to 20%. Not much IMHO and probably not nearly enough to run 10's. Those civics running 8's only weigh about 2000 lbs. How are you gonna get 1000 lbs. off a maxima? If not, your gonna have to generate even more hp. Hey if you got it covered, more power to ya. If not, good luck.
Old 10-23-2000, 08:31 PM

Jeff92SE like woah. You think I've been planning this for over a year cuz of a lack of $$? Yeah right.. LOL
Old 10-23-2000, 08:34 PM

Loan me some
hah
Old 10-24-2000, 12:13 AM

Re: Chris. I don't mean to flame at all now-->

Originally posted by Jeff92se
But when you say 400hp easy and Imports are running 8's easy. I must ask you do you know how much all this is gonna cost and how much planning it's gonna take? Not to mention, it's gonna take at least 2-3 engines to do it. I would not hesitate to say after it's all said and done you will be at least 7-10 grand in the hole. You know why? After about 5 grand in engine work, it's gonna take a few G's for suspension and drivetrain developement. Oh you didn't think your stock tranny and axles were gonna take that abuse did ya? And even if you have a 5-sp, you had better at least get a ve 5-sp w/ a limited slip diffy. If not it won't matter if you have 500hp if you can't get it to the ground. Even the VE lsd only goes to 20%. Not much IMHO and probably not nearly enough to run 10's. Those civics running 8's only weigh about 2000 lbs. How are you gonna get 1000 lbs. off a maxima? If not, your gonna have to generate even more hp. Hey if you got it covered, more power to ya. If not, good luck.
Sorry man I meant there were alot of mustangs running 8's. I wouldn't even waste my money to try to get my MAx to run 8's. I want something fast, but streetlegal. sorry for the misinterpretation.

92GXE, touring wing, 18” racing wheels, Port&Polished intake, custom intake, custom yellow interior, racing seats, back seats taken out and replaced with subs and amps, NOS kit, Suspension tech. Lowering springs, custom grille, soon to be custom painted and have the whole engine rebuilt for big shot NOS and custom SC and tranny converted to 5-speed.

Old 10-24-2000, 11:31 AM

Re: Chris. I don't mean to flame at all now-->

Hey Jeff... I agree with your statements.. but those 8sec Civics weight under 1500lbs... yeah, they are light-weight suckers. Oh and chris.. did you know if you run under 13 sec's.. you need to have a roll cage installed? Thats the rules at my local drag strip. If you like mustangs so much, why don't you just buy one? I mean your probably going to spend atleast $10K on the max.. with that amount of money you could buy a stang and supercharge it and put NOS in.

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Old 10-24-2000, 01:41 PM

My next car will be a stang. But for now its a challenge getting the Max to run fast. Anyone can bolt on a SC and NOS to a stang and have a fast car. The nain reason I enjoy the max the most is that when I look around when I'm driving I've never seen one like it.

92GXE, touring wing, 18” racing wheels, Port&Polished intake, custom intake, custom yellow interior, racing seats, back seats taken out and replaced with subs and amps, NOS kit, Suspension tech. Lowering springs, custom grille, soon to be custom painted and have the whole engine rebuilt for big shot NOS and custom SC and tranny converted to 5-speed.