3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

WHO IS BUILDING THE FASTEST VE TO CLAIM KING

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2000, 02:05 PM
MILLENIUM MAX

WHO WILL BUILD THE FASTEST VE ENGINE ON THE BOARD TO CLAIM KING.O AND VG30'S COULD BE INCLUDED BUT VE'S BY PREFERENCE
1ST(FASTEST)WRAITH
2ND(FASTEST)STEALTH
3RD(FASTEST)CRUSE MISSILE

Old 10-22-2000, 02:42 PM

maximamike's VE will be the fastest

hmm lets see...

1)Maximamike
2)Brian's old car
3)Xtreme143????
Old 10-22-2000, 02:47 PM

1ST(FASTEST)WRAITH
400 FWHP sound good?

2ND(FASTEST)STEALTH
Well, other than the huge front mount, black wheels, a lip spoiler, and the dual HKS Hiper exhaust you'll never know..

Did I mention my goal is 190-200 mph?
Old 10-22-2000, 04:26 PM

400 hp?

are you saying that you are pushin 400 hp? If so, list the power mod's I'd like to know what ur running.

PJ
Old 10-22-2000, 04:29 PM

Re: 400 hp?

He ain't pushing **** yet. He's ALL talk, still runing negative boost on that VE :0)

-K

Originally posted by speednsound007
are you saying that you are pushin 400 hp? If so, list the power mod's I'd like to know what ur running.

PJ
Old 10-22-2000, 04:31 PM

Re: 400 hp?

He's not pushing 400hp... he PLANS to push 400hp with his Project Turbo VE max. Right mikey?? =)

Originally posted by speednsound007

PJ
Old 10-22-2000, 04:33 PM

Well I would list the Fastest VG's... but there are too many of them! And probably 90% of them never post on this board.

Originally posted by MILLENIUM MAX
WHO WILL BUILD THE FASTEST VE ENGINE ON THE BOARD TO CLAIM KING.O AND VG30'S COULD BE INCLUDED BUT VE'S BY PREFERENCE
1ST(FASTEST)WRAITH
2ND(FASTEST)STEALTH
Old 10-22-2000, 04:34 PM

I'd like to see your Max hit 400hp. Definitely posible but I think I'm going the opposite route as you. I'll have a big shot NOS with 400 at the wheels. It would be an interesting race!

92GXE, touring wing, 18” racing wheels, Port&Polished intake, custom intake, custom yellow interior, racing seats, back seats taken out and replaced with subs and amps, NOS kit, Suspension tech. Lowering springs, custom grille, soon to be custom painted and have the whole engine rebuilt for big shot NOS and custom SC and tranny converted to 5-speed.

Old 10-22-2000, 04:44 PM

I'd just keep going when your bottle runs out
Old 10-22-2000, 04:44 PM

Sorry.. but I highly doubt your big shot of NOS will give you 400hp. You will most likely kill the engine before you reach those high HP numbers.

Originally posted by chris92gxe
I'd like to see your Max hit 400hp. Definitely posible but I think I'm going the opposite route as you. I'll have a big shot NOS with 400 at the wheels. It would be an interesting race!

92GXE, touring wing, 18” racing wheels, Port&Polished intake, custom intake, custom yellow interior, racing seats, back seats taken out and replaced with subs and amps, NOS kit, Suspension tech. Lowering springs, custom grille, soon to be custom painted and have the whole engine rebuilt for big shot NOS and custom SC and tranny converted to 5-speed.

Old 10-22-2000, 04:51 PM

400 hp

for you guys tryin to reach 400 hp, wouldn't it be easier just to drop in a new engine? I mean you can go and buy like a drag race 400+ hp engine for a few thousand and I am sure you'd make it fit somehow.

PJ
Old 10-22-2000, 08:03 PM

i haven't seen anyone crack my times on motor yet. so can i claim fastest VE on motor?
better yet. on bottle too?

ok i go now
Old 10-22-2000, 08:22 PM

Originally posted by SkyMax
Sorry.. but I highly doubt your big shot of NOS will give you 400hp. You will most likely kill the engine before you reach those high HP numbers.

400hp is not that hard to acchieve with our engines. i plan to be puching out at least 200hp after engine mods and head work themselves. Another 200hp from NOS is easily achieved with a built up engine. I also plan to run a SC so who knows what the total output could be. 400hp can be acchieved by almost any engine as long as it has the right components. THe tough part will be building a tranny to hold up to it.

92GXE, touring wing, 18” racing wheels, Port&Polished intake, custom intake, custom yellow interior, racing seats, back seats taken out and replaced with subs and amps, NOS kit, Suspension tech. Lowering springs, custom grille, soon to be custom painted and have the whole engine rebuilt for big shot NOS and custom SC and tranny converted to 5-speed

Old 10-23-2000, 05:16 AM

you got the $$$$ you could get alot more than 400hp. But then why not just buy a Skyline?
haha
Old 10-23-2000, 08:09 AM

I'll represent....

Just take a look at my mods in my sig. Should give you a good idea. And for measure I've beaten a VQ, nose to nose w/a modded GSR, and beat a mid 90's GT couple weeks ago. Runnin the 1/4 Nov. 1st, hopefully I'll find a dyno too. goals for now? =15.5 1/4 and 190 crank...boost next summer :P
Old 10-23-2000, 11:06 AM

I don't know howmuch HP i gonna have to put out....

But i know i wanna get my VE auto into the mid to low
13's in 1/4 mile on street tires, and maybe high 12's on drags. Gotta save up right now though. level 10 tranny should do it!
Old 10-23-2000, 11:25 AM

I don't know howmuch HP i gonna have to put out....

13's in 1/4 mile on street tires, and maybe high 12's on drags. Gotta save up right now though. level 10 tranny should do it!
Old 10-23-2000, 11:27 AM
I'm needing a caw

Really?? -->

So it's easy to increase your engine's hp by 2.5? Let me know how your gonna do that w/o generading your engine.

400hp is not that hard to acchieve with our engines. i plan to be puching out at least 200hp after engine mods and head work themselves. Another 200hp from NOS is easily achieved with a built up engine. I also plan to run a SC so who knows what the total output could be. 400hp can be acchieved by almost any engine as long as it has the right components. THe tough part will be building a tranny to hold up to it.

92GXE, touring wing, 18” racing wheels, Port&Polished intake, custom intake, custom yellow interior, racing seats, back seats taken out and replaced with subs and amps, NOS kit, Suspension tech. Lowering springs, custom grille, soon to be custom painted and have the whole engine rebuilt for big shot NOS and custom SC and tranny converted to 5-speed

Old 10-23-2000, 05:14 PM

Re: I don't know howmuch HP i gonna have to put out....

Think again.... Level 10 Tranny might help you get low 16's or high 15's.. but low 13's is a long way for you to go.

Originally posted by Blu Max
Old 10-23-2000, 05:23 PM

Re: Really?? -->

Originally posted by Jeff92se
So it's easy to increase your engine's hp by 2.5? Let me know how your gonna do that w/o generading your engine.

How many horses do you think that civics and integra are pushing at the track. All of the fast ones are pushing over 400hp easy. Thats a piece of **** civic. The Maxima can easily produce 400hp if you have the money to make strong. NOS is a hell of a lot more powerful than the respect you give it. Go to the track and see what the fastest cars are running. " NOS"

Old 10-23-2000, 05:33 PM

Their running huge shots though, you'd have to build up the engine just like they did. And hope you have lots of cash.
Old 10-23-2000, 05:41 PM

Buiding the engine up is my next process. I thought I told you about that. You gotta be crazy to run a big shot without custom pistons and rods, heavy duty fuel pump.

Old 10-23-2000, 05:50 PM

Re: Re: Really?? -->

Well plan an buying a few extra engines cuz those guys who run under 10's at the track always end up breaking some parts. They are not just running NOS either.. Alot of guys are running Turbo... Ed Bergenholtz's CRX, Vinny Ten's Supra, Craig Paisley's Supra, Abel Ibarra's RX-7, Lisa Kubo's Civic, Chris Rado's Supra & Integra, Steph Papadakis's Civic, Ben Ma's Focus...and lots more.

[/I][/QUOTE] [/I][/QUOTE]

How many horses do you think that civics and integra are pushing at the track. All of the fast ones are pushing over 400hp easy. Thats a piece of **** civic. The Maxima can easily produce 400hp if you have the money to make strong. NOS is a hell of a lot more powerful than the respect you give it. Go to the track and see what the fastest cars are running. " NOS"

[/I][/QUOTE]
Old 10-23-2000, 05:59 PM

Originally posted by Sith
you got the $$$$ you could get alot more than 400hp. But then why not just buy a Skyline?
haha
Anyone can buy a car thats fast. Its more fun to make a car thats never been hooked up fast.

Old 10-23-2000, 06:09 PM

even with custom pistons and ring, that much power in one huge shot torques the hell out of the engine and will snap. like SkyMax said have a couple exta laying around. Beef up your Mounts aswell, big shot like that may snap one and slam your motor around and snap the block.
Old 10-23-2000, 06:18 PM

Thanks for the advice. I'm not going to try to run a sho tthe engine cant manage. I'm sure I'll spend many hours tuning things to get the best performance without blowing the engine. If I can get my SC made I wont have to use such a big shot.

Old 10-23-2000, 06:18 PM

All the big names in import racing run boost, and in massive quantities(30-40+ psi). NOS just doesn't do it. Its more for turbo spooling now..
Old 10-23-2000, 06:28 PM

I really can care less about most imports. When I go to the track to see fast cars I watch Mustangs. They use the bottle. Maybe if more imports used it they would be faster too.

Old 10-23-2000, 06:30 PM

Yeah, real cars have that much hp all the time.. LOL
Old 10-23-2000, 06:34 PM

Get the fastest import up against the fastest Mustang and the mustang will kick ***. Sorry but most totally gutted civics that are all about racing cant even beat street legal mustangs running at the track.
Old 10-23-2000, 06:35 PM

It's all preference, you like NOS cool, Mikey likes TC's or SC's cool. It all depends on what you wanna do. Jumping off the line with a huge shot to run 1/4 mile then more power to yuh i hope you succeed cause Nissan and the VG can do it. But Mikey wants constant power and high speeds, where NOS lacks, and I hope/think he will get it.
Old 10-23-2000, 06:36 PM

You do understand that less than 10 years ago the fastest boosted street legal Stangs were running in the 10s. Currently there are street legal hybrids that will do that. Just give the import guys some time..
Old 10-23-2000, 06:38 PM

Sorry but I was at the track last week, not 10 years ago. They can run in 8's easily now.

Old 10-23-2000, 06:40 PM

That flew over your head like a Blackbird bomber. And as what for Sith said, he's right. I want power all the time. Not just when I hit the switch..
Old 10-23-2000, 06:42 PM

I'll slap on NOS AFTER I have all my boost. Frankly NOS scares me because it's unpredictable.
Old 10-23-2000, 06:45 PM

I'm planning on having a SC too. You guys dont think I'm relying all on NOS. I'll have power all the time also without NOS. Thats just for the track.

Old 10-23-2000, 06:47 PM

Ya
that's all i would use NOS for. And i would hope you didn't on the street cause that big of a shot would loose control of the car. That would be bad.
Old 10-23-2000, 06:57 PM

Jeff92SE

Don't be getting logical on us. It was just getting interesting.

PS. WTF is generading?
Old 10-23-2000, 06:59 PM

Gerenading=Grenading? Maybe? Mass meet? You get my email dude?
Old 10-23-2000, 07:02 PM
MILLENIUM MAX

MIKEY AKA MAXIMA MIKE HOW MUCH LONGER ON THE PROJECT

MIKEY i wanna see this super max when its done,word on the board is that its gonna be the fastest,if this is so i want a second edition man.i'm tired of civics posting 9 & 10 sec runs and i wanna take revenge on this little blue m3.

Quick Reply: WHO IS BUILDING THE FASTEST VE TO CLAIM KING