3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Anyone installed keyless entry?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2000, 04:42 PM

Im planning on buying the keyless entry system off crutchfield, was wondering if anyone else has tried it. It has the extra button i think i can open the trunk from it to. Only like 75 bucks, i htink its worth it, even though i also have the keypad below the doorhandle. What do you guys think?
Brandon

My first post and i get my car TOMARROW! So happy! Proud to join the crew!
Old 10-22-2000, 04:46 PM

Yes, it's worth it. I hope you know how to install keyless entry.. if not, then you'll have to seek some help or go to an audio shop or somewhere similar and have them install it. My keyless entry came with my aftermarket car alarm.

Originally posted by Dabman90GXE
Im planning on buying the keyless entry system off crutchfield, was wondering if anyone else has tried it. It has the extra button i think i can open the trunk from it to. Only like 75 bucks, i htink its worth it, even though i also have the keypad below the doorhandle. What do you guys think?
Brandon

My first post and i get my car TOMARROW! So happy! Proud to join the crew!
Old 10-22-2000, 04:52 PM

no not exactly sure, i know a little on the electrons, but im hoping the instructoins can explain the rest, and if worse comes to worse, ill take it in, thanks
Brandon
Old 10-23-2000, 11:53 AM

I just put one on my car a couple weeks ago...

It wasn't that hard at all, but i'm an Installer.I put a CS9704 w/remote start. Got to Craig.B's website to get the wiring info, bust out your multimeter to double check and get busy if you need help w/ a relay for trunk release just post and i'll help you out. lemme know how it turns out
Old 10-31-2001, 09:18 PM

lol!! how cute... the day before i got my car... awwwwwwww just had to bring it up to the top again..
Old 11-01-2001, 12:52 AM

Re: I just put one on my car a couple weeks ago...

Originally posted by Blu Max
It wasn't that hard at all, but i'm an Installer.I put a CS9704 w/remote start. Got to Craig.B's website to get the wiring info, bust out your multimeter to double check and get busy if you need help w/ a relay for trunk release just post and i'll help you out. lemme know how it turns out
What IS the best way to install the trunk release? I have a 1990 SE and it's just a mechanical release. No nice solenoid actuated eletronic release like on my 97 SE. I put in the alarm (with some help on where to find the door lock wires since my car didn't have the factory keyless entry, door lock timer, or any of that good stuff!). I was checking out possibilities on the trunk release, but it looks like the only way is to put a solenoid somewhere and make it pull the trunk latch.

Does a 1990 SE already have the solenoid installed? If so, do I need a relay or can I find the trigger before the relay so I can just tap it into the trigger? Thanks.

-V
Old 11-01-2001, 06:31 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: I just put one on my car a couple weeks ago...

Originally posted by vmok

What IS the best way to install the trunk release? I have a 1990 SE and it's just a mechanical release. No nice solenoid actuated eletronic release like on my 97 SE. I put in the alarm (with some help on where to find the door lock wires since my car didn't have the factory keyless entry, door lock timer, or any of that good stuff!). I was checking out possibilities on the trunk release, but it looks like the only way is to put a solenoid somewhere and make it pull the trunk latch.

Does a 1990 SE already have the solenoid installed? If so, do I need a relay or can I find the trigger before the relay so I can just tap it into the trigger? Thanks.

-V
you can buy universal solenoid kits from ebay for $15 or so but I think an easier option might be go to a junkyard and find a 89-94GXE or 92-94SE and take the solenoid out of there
all the solenoid needs is a + signal (ground it's other terminal to chassis)
your remote probably has a - output for trunk even though almost every trunk works on a + system (in the GXEs though apparantly you can find a - trunk input at the stock keyless entry module but I've never done one of those)
for the relay, hook up the pins:
85 - +12V constant power
86 - aftermarket keyless - output wire
30 - +12V (can connect to 85)
87 - to trunk wire that needs + (this is the output wire)

Jason F and I put a trunk solenoid in his 90SE, but mounting it and connecting it's cable to the stock latch was a little bit of a pain but I think the stock stuff would probably just fit right in there no problem if you can find them at a junkyard