3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Cracked Windshield - HUD problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2001, 04:09 PM
armandopadilla

Hi,

I have an 89 Maxima with a cracked windshield.

The car has an electronic dashboard and HUD. The price for an original windshield is about $600, at least that's the quote I got.

A normal windshield goes for about $150 installed, so my question would be are there any reflection stickers available for the HUD or are people supposed to buy the original windshield ?

Maybe someone's had the same problem. Sticking a mirror taped to the inside of the windshield would probably do the job, just looking for a more classy solution.

Also, what price should I look to get for an original 89 Maxima windshield.

Thanks,

Armando

Old 08-15-2001, 06:51 PM
Ford Only.

You should be able to get another windsheild besides OEM.OEM's are always going to be expensive as far as the mirror you should be able to find a mounting kit at an autoparts.
Old 08-16-2001, 09:32 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally posted by armandopadilla
Hi,

I have an 89 Maxima with a cracked windshield.

The car has an electronic dashboard and HUD. The price for an original windshield is about $600, at least that's the quote I got.

A normal windshield goes for about $150 installed, so my question would be are there any reflection stickers available for the HUD or are people supposed to buy the original windshield ?

Maybe someone's had the same problem. Sticking a mirror taped to the inside of the windshield would probably do the job, just looking for a more classy solution.

Also, what price should I look to get for an original 89 Maxima windshield.

Thanks,

Armando
the windshield w/ the HUD is massive $ because of that piece. you can probably go w/ the non HUD one, you can still see it...but not all the time. for some reason that small piece is $$ or extremely difficult to make. aftermkt ones are not that much cheaper. prob $100 off or so. still high up there and quality may be poor. you're at the point where you have to ask yourself if u want to keep the HUD and pay or just live w/ seeing the HUD sometimes.