3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Bose speaker

Old 08-22-2001, 07:22 PM
madmax93

I have a 1993 Nissan Maxima SE (Bose stereo system equipped). The driver's side door speaker went BANG and it died.

Well, it needs a replacement speaker. I've heard that the Bose system aren't that great in 3rd generation Maximas. I don't want to spend lots of $$ to replace the entire stereo system...

Do you have any experience with rebuilt/remanufactured Bose-Clarion speaker/amps installed in your Maxima? Any problem with it? How long will it last before the next replacement?

and finally...how difficult would it be to replace the speaker (driver's side door)?

Thank you in advance for replying my message.

madmax93

only K&N filter installed
34,000 original miles!!! (original owner)
and of course it's NOT for sale!

Old 08-22-2001, 11:49 PM

Originally posted by madmax93
I have a 1993 Nissan Maxima SE (Bose stereo system equipped). The driver's side door speaker went BANG and it died.

Well, it needs a replacement speaker. I've heard that the Bose system aren't that great in 3rd generation Maximas. I don't want to spend lots of $$ to replace the entire stereo system...

Do you have any experience with rebuilt/remanufactured Bose-Clarion speaker/amps installed in your Maxima? Any problem with it? How long will it last before the next replacement?

and finally...how difficult would it be to replace the speaker (driver's side door)?

madmax93

I don't have much experience with rebuilt/remanufactured Bose speaker/amps...It's not that hard to replace just the whole setup...They are easier than replacing regular speakers. They are pretty much just plug and play. There are blue connectors that just snap in. I would suggest you replace the whole set up...Because typicaly it is the amps that go bad on them. I have the entire Bose system out of my 91 GXE that I'm selling out. I can sell you the driver's side door if you want it. Let me know.

Old 08-22-2001, 11:58 PM
To them I'm like an idol

Bose...Hell Yeah..

Originally posted by madmax93

madmax93

I have had all 4 rebuilt in a 1991, as well as fixed the CD. About $100 a speaker and worth ebery penny. Sonds like new, and ne Bose is very good.
Old 08-23-2001, 10:10 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

replacing the speaker is pretty easy

go to my site (link in sig)
go to how to
go to window regulator removal/replacement
that has instructions for removing the door panels in there with pics too

enjoy