3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Anyone with a VG FSM--->

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2001, 12:57 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Anyone with a VG FSM--->

I'm looking for the O2 sensor "pin #" on the ECU harness going INTO the ECU! I was told it was "pin 29" for the VEs, but I only count 26 "pin slots" on my harness(VG)...if anyone can help me out it'd be great! thanks
Old 10-03-2001, 08:39 PM
Ford Only.

Where's all the help? DA-MAX you help everyone and they cant even bust out the FSM I know more than half the people on the page have one. When I get home I will check my chilons for you. But wont have an answer until tommorrow.
Old 10-03-2001, 08:56 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Yeah man its cool.....

don't worry about it man. The guy who helped me out with this last time just answered me again over on Matt's BBS, so I'm cool, I got my answer....but thanks for keeping an eye out for my post man and thnaks for volunteering to check your Chiltons for me!!

Originally posted by dmontzmax
Where's all the help? DA-MAX you help everyone and they cant even bust out the FSM I know more than half the people on the page have one. When I get home I will check my chilons for you. But wont have an answer until tommorrow.
Old 10-04-2001, 06:39 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

like Jon vdp said on the other board, it is still pin 29 which is a white wire

if you take off the cover for the ecu (the far panel just to the right of the accel pedal), you should be able to see a large harness going right into the ecu - 100 some wires
right in the middle is a bolt that holds the harness on
the white wire should be on the left side of that not too far from the center (maybe 5-10 spots) and I think it's on the top row (2 rows of wires)

if you still have problems let me know and I'll look up more for you or try to draw you soem diagrams

I looked it up last night and then was ready to post but my dad had taken over the computer and then I forgot later
Old 10-04-2001, 01:39 PM
NWP Engineering.com

FSM

I am going to buy a FSM for my 92 SE. Will a 92-94 Maxima FSM work for my car? Or do I need to make sure it's specific for the SE? I want to get the right one. Thanks.
Old 10-04-2001, 01:46 PM
Ford Only.

$15 go to the autoparts and by a Maxima 89-94 Chiltons it will have every model with all the features covered. It will be hard to find so try different autoparts.
Old 10-04-2001, 01:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: FSM

Originally posted by Aaron92SE
I am going to buy a FSM for my 92 SE. Will a 92-94 Maxima FSM work for my car? Or do I need to make sure it's specific for the SE? I want to get the right one. Thanks.
FSM includes both GXE and SE stuff so if you get a 92-94, you'll get info for both engines and everything else
I doubt there's any changes that would be of any significance between those years; I've heard that 94 is the only year with an index so try to get that one if you can, but it's not a big difference

I got my 94FSM from ebay a while back for $40 or so
Old 10-04-2001, 01:52 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Re: Re: FSM

Originally posted by «§»Craig B«§»

FSM includes both GXE and SE stuff so if you get a 92-94, you'll get info for both engines and everything else
I doubt there's any changes that would be of any significance between those years; I've heard that 94 is the only year with an index so try to get that one if you can, but it's not a big difference

I got my 94FSM from ebay a while back for $40 or so
Okay, if the searchable index is not big of deal, I will get what ever book I can find. Thanks for your help, Craig.

As far as the Chilton's. I already have one. It doesn't tell me the really specific stuff. I just want a book that will tell me more stuff than the Chilton's. I hope the FSM will do the job.