3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

dammit.. had a lil run in with a guard rail today.. heh..nuts

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2001, 12:15 AM

dammit.. had a lil run in with a guard rail today.. heh..nuts

well kinda sucks.. luckily not to bad.. just ****ed but coulda been much worse. went around one of those loop freeway onramps lil too fast today and my sh1tty tires dont grip for ****, actually had UNDERSTEER (odd why my back flew out on me but it did) and then i corrected and then over corrected and by this time was going about 10 mph when i bumped the guardrail to the left.. basically did a fancy S shape lol... anyways heres the damage.. gonna need a new drivers corner light... damn bumper got all scratched.. ****..
2 lessons for everyone:
1. **** happens
2. learn the limits of your car before you do something dumb..
Old 10-06-2001, 12:16 AM

heres another angle.. dented, sctrached.. yay..
Old 10-06-2001, 12:52 AM
Ford Only.

Damn,Branman that sucks bro. But it doesnt look too bad. I would say replace the clear corner. And get some GS-27 scratch remover and rub away at the bumper. Should be all good!
Old 10-06-2001, 12:55 AM

Re: dammit.. had a lil run in with a guard rail today.. heh..nuts

Originally posted by Brandon90gxe
well kinda sucks.. luckily not to bad.. just ****ed but coulda been much worse. went around one of those loop freeway onramps lil too fast today and my sh1tty tires dont grip for ****, actually had UNDERSTEER (odd why my back flew out on me but it did) and then i corrected and then over corrected and by this time was going about 10 mph when i bumped the guardrail to the left.. basically did a fancy S shape lol... anyways heres the damage.. gonna need a new drivers corner light... damn bumper got all scratched.. ****..
2 lessons for everyone:
1. **** happens

when your rear end flyes off on u first, thats called over steer
when ur front end lose's traction, first thats understeer

that happened to me before, when it was wet
Old 10-06-2001, 06:28 AM

Damn brandon, that sux man. Repairs shouldnt be too bad i hope. I hit a stone wall in the snow last February and had similar damage to yours. I just needed a new corner light, got the bumper buffed and they repaired the fender. Look at it this way, at least now you have a good excuse to get some clear corners!
Old 10-06-2001, 06:30 AM

Your headlight looks okay too
Old 10-06-2001, 09:56 AM

Re: Re: dammit.. had a lil run in with a guard rail today.. heh..nuts

Originally posted by mykizism

when your rear end flyes off on u first, thats called over steer
when ur front end lose's traction, first thats understeer

that happened to me before, when it was wet
heh..WOOPS.. lol thats what i meant, but i wrote this at like 1 in the morning..wasnt thinking straight.. the car should have understeered but instead it oversteered.. and the wierd thing it wasnt wet..
Old 10-06-2001, 10:04 AM

ah that sux man. i had the same thing happen to my max like the first week i bought it. I've learned alot about my max since and now i'm somewhat careful with those onramps
Old 10-06-2001, 11:40 AM
STFU n00b!

What happened is typical in front wheel drive cars.. the rear end is so light that it pulls out before the front end.. the way to "fix" this is to stomp the gas instead of the brake, as many people think..

just keep pointing the wheel in the direction you want to go and give it a little gas..
I've been in that spot many many times, and the gas has always driven me out of it.

that said, sorry bout your little mishap. If you want, I can see if I've got an extra left side corner light in the garage.. I had 2 sets of OEM lights, but I sold one light and forgot which. (I'm keeping 1 full set for my car when I sell it).

other than that, the repairs shouldn't be too bad. if you can remove the bumper yourself (requires a 10mm wrench and 10,12mm sockets, that's about it)..
but I had my bumper completely refinished- stripped down to urethane, then primed and painted- for $150, including the cost of the paint...
the fender is something else.. by the time you fix that, you'll be looking at a couple hundred bucks in paint and labor on it, unless you can do the bodywork yourself. (that's a small dent, would be a good one to learn on). then have someone else paint it for you, and be done in under $400 probably for everything.
Anyway.. sorry about the crunch.. lemme know if you want that light.
Old 10-06-2001, 11:53 AM

Re: dammit.. had a lil run in with a guard rail today.. heh..nuts

2 lessons for everyone:
1. **** happens
Someone has always got it worse than you, dude. At least yours wasn't totalled like mine was 2 weeks ago. I just put 2K into it 2 days before my son totalled it.
Old 10-06-2001, 12:32 PM

Re: Re: Re: dammit.. had a lil run in with a guard rail today.. heh..nuts

heh..WOOPS.. lol thats what i meant, but i wrote this at like 1 in the morning..wasnt thinking straight.. the car should have understeered but instead it oversteered.. and the wierd thing it wasnt wet..
damn that happened to you when it was dry? no offsense, but how lucky..

i always try to get my rear end to fly out on me first.. even during the rain, its hard now that i have subs in the back weighting it down..

i like to drift or wanna be drift since my car is FF not fr
haha but yah i hit the same place ur bumper hit on my car
and we have the same color too.. how funny i left mine the way it is.. its like showing its battle scar

but ur car will be ok good luck
Old 10-06-2001, 01:41 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

sucks...

Well, look at it this way, you needed clear corners anyways I don't know about that scratch and dent though.. You can buff out the scratch but the dent is different...
Old 10-06-2001, 02:42 PM

Originally posted by Matt93SE
What happened is typical in front wheel drive cars.. the rear end is so light that it pulls out before the front end.. the way to "fix" this is to stomp the gas instead of the brake, as many people think..

just keep pointing the wheel in the direction you want to go and give it a little gas..
I've been in that spot many many times, and the gas has always driven me out of it.

that said, sorry bout your little mishap. If you want, I can see if I've got an extra left side corner light in the garage.. I had 2 sets of OEM lights, but I sold one light and forgot which. (I'm keeping 1 full set for my car when I sell it).

other than that, the repairs shouldn't be too bad. if you can remove the bumper yourself (requires a 10mm wrench and 10,12mm sockets, that's about it)..
but I had my bumper completely refinished- stripped down to urethane, then primed and painted- for $150, including the cost of the paint...
the fender is something else.. by the time you fix that, you'll be looking at a couple hundred bucks in paint and labor on it, unless you can do the bodywork yourself. (that's a small dent, would be a good one to learn on). then have someone else paint it for you, and be done in under $400 probably for everything.
Anyway.. sorry about the crunch.. lemme know if you want that light.
Hey thanks duud, i appreciate that. how much would you want for the corner? im gonna see whether i can clean up the sctrach get all the black off, and actually with my color im kinda lucky in that it scratched down tot he yellow underneath of the bumper but its not easily detectible with my color paint .. so ill just clean it up.. get a new corner and it should be alright. the dents.. well i guess ill just live with it, now i have one to match from the other side! lol... one of these days ill just take it in adn get the whole car un dented. thanks for the input from all of ya. i appreiecate it