3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Help, Wet Max Stalls....

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 07:28 AM
JeffTibbs

Help, Wet Max Stalls....

My max has acted up a couple of times and it seems to be associated with rain or humidity. Here's what happened: Parked the car on Friday night, rained at night and drizzle Sat. Went to start the car Sat night and it would turn over but wouldn't start, after cranked it a bit I would smell gas and seemed to be flooded. Tried starting it again Sun morning but still would not start. Sun was out Sun and warm. Went to try it around 3:00 and she started, sputtered and ran smooth... fine after that until this am.... Rained last night and my girlfriend was driving it to work and it stalled on her. Tried restarting and wouldn't start. She tried again after a few minutes and it started but ran rough and then finally ran right....

Now, i'm not sure if this is related to the rain, but need to figure out what the problem is, I was thinking maybe the fule filter or something simple like that, but does anyone else have any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks for any help!

Jeff

Old 10-23-2001, 07:52 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: Help, Wet Max Stalls....

Originally posted by JeffTibbs
My max has acted up a couple of times and it seems to be associated with rain or humidity. Here's what happened: Parked the car on Friday night, rained at night and drizzle Sat. Went to start the car Sat night and it would turn over but wouldn't start, after cranked it a bit I would smell gas and seemed to be flooded. Tried starting it again Sun morning but still would not start. Sun was out Sun and warm. Went to try it around 3:00 and she started, sputtered and ran smooth... fine after that until this am.... Rained last night and my girlfriend was driving it to work and it stalled on her. Tried restarting and wouldn't start. She tried again after a few minutes and it started but ran rough and then finally ran right....

Now, i'm not sure if this is related to the rain, but need to figure out what the problem is, I was thinking maybe the fule filter or something simple like that, but does anyone else have any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks for any help!

Jeff
what yr car? what engine VG/VE?
Old 10-23-2001, 07:59 AM
JeffTibbs

1993 GXE Automatic

Old 10-23-2001, 08:45 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally posted by JeffTibbs
1993 GXE Automatic
check your wires, dist cap, dist rotor, plugs, coil.
Old 10-23-2001, 01:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

when is the last time that you changed your fuel filter if it has been a long time or never then its time to change it