3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

93 Maxima GXE Fuel injectors

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 07:11 PM

93 Maxima GXE Fuel injectors

Hi, I am going to be changing two fuel injectors on my car. But I am not sure what fuel injectors to buy, and I don't want to take apart the throtle now. I have a 1993 Maxima GXE, there is two types of fuel injectors for the maxima as I was told, and I believe that my car has the fuel injector with the yellow dot. Can you guys please confim this, so that I can go ahead and buy them off ebay. thanks !
Old 11-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Fox Body FTW

i just got this info from a fellow org member myself (the info)
http://www.4dsc.com/articles/drivetr...lacement.shtml
this may help you
Old 11-12-2007, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by AM_BlackMax
i just got this info from a fellow org member myself (the info)
http://www.4dsc.com/articles/drivetr...lacement.shtml
this may help you
Thanks for the link, it really sums up things for me . But i was told that there are blue and yellow . This is what i was thinking of buying http://i23.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/b5/cf/14a7_1.JPG
Old 11-13-2007, 07:26 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If you get a used injector, at least replace it's seals.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:19 AM
mod or sell?

how much is your time worth to you?
do you enjoy the idea of potentially doing the job multiple times?
http://www.internetautosupply.com/ca...1278_1279.html
and
http://www.internetautosupply.com/ca...1278_1292.html
costs more in the short term, but saves long term headaches.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:19 PM

You want the ones with the yellow dots.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:32 PM

You guys are right, I won't get the used one. Well I think I will get this fuel injectors that Black Max mentioned https://www.directauto.com/category-...rch_year/1993/ and they come with new seals. I believe the bottom two will work for my car. But what is the difference ? which one should I get it doesn't state green or yellow dot, only difference from the two is the OEM number.

thanks!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 03:37 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by xnos
You guys are right, I won't get the used one. Well I think I will get this fuel injectors that Black Max mentioned https://www.directauto.com/category-...rch_year/1993/ and they come with new seals. I believe the bottom two will work for my car. But what is the difference ? which one should I get it doesn't state green or yellow dot, only difference from the two is the OEM number.

thanks!!!
ugh remans
Old 11-13-2007, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
ugh remans
haha well which is better. Reman or Used injector ? they both come out to the same price (50USD a piece). I am on a tight budget so I can't get them new.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:28 PM
mod or sell?

I'd trust used before reman.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:43 AM

I'd trust used before reman.
alright so then ill get the used ones from ebay and buy the seals from Nissan.

thanks !
Old 11-14-2007, 06:04 AM

do it right the first time.........
Old 11-19-2007, 03:22 PM

I got a good set of 6 fuel injectors. I need to replace the O rings now though. How do I remove the old O rings from the injectors? I don't want to brake the thing .
Old 11-19-2007, 04:55 PM
mod or sell?

use a dental pick to hook the back of the o'ring and stretch it to slide it off.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:01 PM

use a dental pick to hook the back of the o'ring and stretch it to slide it off.
got it ... thanks
Old 11-25-2007, 05:38 AM

I need some help with how to remove fuel injectors. I am in the process of replacing fuel injectors in my 94 GXE by myself. I have now removed all the top and lower intake manifolds, but the fuel rail and injectors are still in place. I tried to pull the injectors out while the fuel rail is still in place. This way I wish to save some work and only pull the bad ones out. But I can not pull the injectors out. They turn somewhat freely in their position. My question is: Do I have to remove the fuel rail with all the injectors attached on the rail before I can pull the injectors out?
Thanks.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:40 AM
mod or sell?

you just need to wiggle and jerk, they eventually do come out.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:04 AM

you just need to wiggle and jerk, they eventually do come out.
So you mean I can wiggle them out without remove the fuel rail first?
Old 11-25-2007, 07:10 AM
mod or sell?

yes
Old 11-25-2007, 07:25 AM

yes
Thanks for the timely help, I will give them some serious wiggles today.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:31 AM

Still no luck to yank these injectors out. I don't know what to do. As mentioned earlier, the injectors can be turned somewhat freely, but I could not even pull it out just little bit so to stick blabe of a screw driver in there. I'd appreciate any tips to get the injectors out.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by G35cJ
Still no luck to yank these injectors out. I don't know what to do. As mentioned earlier, the injectors can be turned somewhat freely, but I could not even pull it out just little bit so to stick blabe of a screw driver in there. I'd appreciate any tips to get the injectors out.
Put one of the screws back in
Spin the injector so that the top is over the screw
Use the screw as leverage for a wide, flat tip screwdriver
Slowly lift it out until there is room on the oppose side to insert another flat screwdriver
Once both are in, push up uniformly with both
Old 12-04-2007, 10:45 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Still no luck to yank these injectors out. I don't know what to do. As mentioned earlier, the injectors can be turned somewhat freely, but I could not even pull it out just little bit so to stick blade of a screw driver in there. I'd appreciate any tips to get the injectors out.

Stick the rail in a vise,(careful not to over tighten),or just leave the rail in the car,then grab the injector with a pair of channel lock or vice grip pliers,then start twisting/yanking..

I assume you are replacing the injectors,if so then don't worry about breaking the old injector.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by mikekantor
Put one of the screws back in
Spin the injector so that the top is over the screw
Use the screw as leverage for a wide, flat tip screwdriver
Slowly lift it out until there is room on the oppose side to insert another flat screwdriver
Once both are in, push up uniformly with both
Sounds like a good idea, I was afraid of messing up the surface with a screw driver's head. With a screw back in there, should provide some leverage.
I will try this after work tonight. Thanks.
Also I have managed to ruin couple of these screws while exposing the injectors. Will I be able to find replacement in like a Home Depot or I need to get them from dealers?
Old 12-04-2007, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by MyGreenMax94
Stick the rail in a vise,(careful not to over tighten),or just leave the rail in the car,then grab the injector with a pair of channel lock or vice grip pliers,then start twisting/yanking..

I assume you are replacing the injectors,if so then don't worry about breaking the old injector.
Yes I am replacing injectors. The rail is still in the car, since I figure only to replace the 3 bad ones and don't want to mess with the ones that are still OK. I did try grab it with pliers, and managed to mangle up the injector pretty good, but no luck pulling it out one bit, and it almost feel like there is vacuum behind the injectors.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:10 PM
mod or sell?

there is pressure that holds them in.
think of a syringe. what happens when you block the nipple and try to pull back the plunger? it doesn't go.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:45 PM

Sounds like a good idea, I was afraid of messing up the surface with a screw driver's head. With a screw back in there, should provide some leverage.
I will try this after work tonight. Thanks.
Also I have managed to ruin couple of these screws while exposing the injectors. Will I be able to find replacement in like a Home Depot or I need to get them from dealers?
You should be able to find something similar, obviously bring yours so you can match them up.

I ruined a few of mine as well before I used one of these to grab it on the edges, and it is at home depot:

Consider removing one of the fuel hoses so that you can relieve pressure.

Last edited by mikekantor; 12-04-2007 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:56 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Yes I am replacing injectors. The rail is still in the car, since I figure only to replace the 3 bad ones and don't want to mess with the ones that are still OK. I did try grab it with pliers, and managed to mangle up the injector pretty good, but no luck pulling it out one bit, and it almost feel like there is vacuum behind the injectors.
Try it this way then..

http://www.viddler.com/MyGreenMax/videos/5/

Last edited by Greeny; 12-04-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:33 PM

Actually I have tried all the suggested method and finally had to do what your video showed to knock it out with a hammer. Now I am ready to try putting everything back again, and immediately I am facing a new question. When I put back a new gasket, should I use any sort of sealant? Or no sealant is needed for the two gaskets?
Appreciate any help from folks on this board, I am having so much fun learning to do this.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:42 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Actually I have tried all the suggested method and finally had to do what your video showed to knock it out with a hammer. Now I am ready to try putting everything back again, and immediately I am facing a new question. When I put back a new gasket, should I use any sort of sealant? Or no sealant is needed for the two gaskets?
Appreciate any help from folks on this board, I am having so much fun learning to do this.
You need to buy a new gasket for the intake manifold,i recommend you buy it from your local nissan dealership,so you a pretty much guaranteed the correct gaskets.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:49 PM
mod or sell?

,i recommend you buy it from your local nissan dealership,so you a pretty much guaranteed the correct gaskets.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:53 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

I said "pretty much"
Old 12-12-2007, 01:55 PM

You need to buy a new gasket for the intake manifold,i recommend you buy it from your local nissan dealership,so you a pretty much guaranteed the correct gaskets.
I already got a set of new gasket from ebay. I am not sure weather I should use any sealant when laying down the new gasket though.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:00 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

I already got a set of new gasket from ebay. I am not sure weather I should use any sealant when laying down the new gasket though.
No need for sealant..
Old 12-12-2007, 02:10 PM

No need for sealant..
Thanks a million. I hope I still remember how to put parts back together. I started taking it apart a month ago. and i hope to get the car back on road before 2008
Old 12-12-2007, 02:16 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Thanks a million. I hope I still remember how to put parts back together. I started taking it apart a month ago. and i hope to get the car back on road before 2008
do you have the fsm?(factory service manual)
Old 12-12-2007, 02:47 PM

do you have the fsm?(factory service manual)
I am using Chilton and DIY posted here on this board. The only thing I am not sure about are these tubings, I took some pictures when I took them apart, and labeled most of the parts in separate little bags. Keep my fingers crossed though, it's my first time doing more than oil change on a car
Old 12-12-2007, 05:50 PM
mod or sell?

I am using Chilton and DIY posted here on this board. The only thing I am not sure about are these tubings, I took some pictures when I took them apart, and labeled most of the parts in separate little bags. Keep my fingers crossed though, it's my first time doing more than oil change on a car
first time for everything
Old 12-14-2007, 03:18 PM

Due no small part for the helps I got from here, I managed to put everything back together today. But the battery is dead, I am charging it over night, so I won't know if I did the job right till tomorrow morning. While doing the injectors, I have also changed the fuel filter. One question I have is when I restart the car, how the fuel system be primed? Since there will be plenty air in the system, shall I pump the gas paddle? Or should I expect to crank the engine for a long long time?
Old 12-14-2007, 03:21 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Due no small part for the helps I got from here, I managed to put everything back together today. But the battery is dead, I am charging it over night, so I won't know if I did the job right till tomorrow morning. While doing the injectors, I have also changed the fuel filter. One question I have is when I restart the car, how the fuel system be primed? Since there will be plenty air in the system, shall I pump the gas paddle? Or should I expect to crank the engine for a long long time?
Turn the key to the on/off position a few times(with about a 5 second pause in-between key cycles) then let her whirl until it starts.

Quick Reply: 93 Maxima GXE Fuel injectors