3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Just thought i say good bye

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 10:59 PM

Just thought i say good bye

Well haven't been on here for a while but i sold the max... not because i wanted to but because i have 2 other cars and i don't have any extra time to put in her and figured she should be driven and not just sitting around. Well the guy i sold her too looks and sounds like he will do right by her. Oddly enough have had her listed for the last couple months and no calls and all of a sudden today my phone was blowing up with people wanting go buy it. couple people offered me more than i was asking if i sold it to them instead but i told the guy i would sell it to him and he came back when he said he would with a nice stack of twenties. I could have been crafty and said no someone is offering me more but i think this kid will appreciate it more... at least i hope. After all a man is only worth as much as his word and if that isn't worth nothing neither is he. Well at least it will stay local and i will be able to see her every now and than. Kinda like a X girlfriend... not sure if you stop and say something or just keep trucking on LOL
Old 02-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by Loco7
Well haven't been on here for a while but i sold the max... not because i wanted to but because i have 2 other cars and i don't have any extra time to put in her and figured she should be driven and not just sitting around. Well the guy i sold her too looks and sounds like he will do right by her. Oddly enough have had her listed for the last couple months and no calls and all of a sudden today my phone was blowing up with people wanting go buy it. couple people offered me more than i was asking if i sold it to them instead but i told the guy i would sell it to him and he came back when he said he would with a nice stack of twenties. I could have been crafty and said no someone is offering me more but i think this kid will appreciate it more... at least i hope. After all a man is only worth as much as his word and if that isn't worth nothing neither is he. Well at least it will stay local and i will be able to see her every now and than. Kinda like a X girlfriend... not sure if you stop and say something or just keep trucking on LOL
sucks to see you have to sell your only maxima... but hey see if you cant get him to join the ORG?
Old 02-12-2008, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by capedcadaver
sucks to see you have to sell your only maxima... but hey see if you cant get him to join the ORG?
well i always tell people about the org so i am sure i did

and all depending on how much i miss it i might get one for a toy maybe somehere down the road for a track car
Old 02-13-2008, 02:42 AM
Please. Call me John. I insist

Damn dude, I was thinkin about you too...not in a gay way but like I noticed a few members that I havent seen in a while. Dirt Rich hasnt been here in a while, you've been gone,Havent seen michael post anything lately, VEvolution just came back from the closet but he's back. There's a few other people I havent seen in a while. Wiking is also appearantly back after a LONG absence.

Personally I think you could've sold the family car instead of the greedy devil but thats just me
Old 02-13-2008, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by ColombianMax
Personally I think you could've sold the family car instead of the greedy devil but thats just me
LOL actually i was originally thinking of selling it originally and keeping the max but i still owe more than its worth so that pretty much threw that out the window. i am thinking maybe down the road i will find me another 1 and make it a track car or something to play with but to have a daily driver the sebring is more economical and more dependable and is going to need less maintenance over all in the next 5 years so it was the adult thing to do not that i wanted to. DAM MATURITY!!! LOL but like the terminator I'LL BE BACK
Old 02-13-2008, 06:05 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Too bad...Greedy Devil > Family Car
Old 02-13-2008, 06:06 AM

sebring is more economical and more dependable and is going to need less maintenance over all in the next 5 years
wow thats the first time I have ever heard someone say that about a Sebring.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:42 AM

well dont know you but. peace out bro.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:17 AM
mod or sell?

you kept an 04 sebring instead of a 92 max?
Old 02-13-2008, 08:11 AM

Good fortune to you, man. Hope you find another one someday and come back! Lord knows the same sort of thing happened to me when I graduated high school (I was not part of the org yet). It sucks to have to sell it...
Old 02-13-2008, 10:57 AM

oh like the terminator i will be back, just wait and see.... and to clerify i never said sebring > maxima... just sebring still has some factory warrenty and has 46k miles compared to max 178k miles... odds are i will have more problems with max
Old 02-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by gapboi210
wow thats the first time I have ever heard someone say that about a Sebring.
I think the 04-06 sebrings are great-looking cars.. but I wouldn't trust one as far as I can throw one (which is slightly farther than you will be able drive on any given Chrysler tranny)
Old 02-13-2008, 11:22 AM
mod or sell?

oh like the terminator i will be back, just wait and see.... and to clerify i never said sebring > maxima... just sebring still has some factory warrenty and has 46k miles compared to max 178k miles... odds are i will have more problems with max
actually odds are the max will be in better mechanical shape in 5 years.
the Sebring will have needed 1 engine (depends on which motor it has) and 2 transmissions (at least) in that same time frame
Old 02-13-2008, 11:26 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by internetautomar
actually odds are the max will be in better mechanical shape in 5 years.
the Sebring will have needed 1 engine (depends on which motor it has) and 2 transmissions (at least) in that same time frame
This man speaks the truth...You could sell both and get a newer / lower mileage Max.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:59 PM
Way out West

Oddly enough have had her listed for the last couple months and no calls and all of a sudden today my phone was blowing up with people wanting go buy it. couple people offered me more than i was asking if i sold it to them...
Don't you live up in Spokane or something? Or am I thinking of someone else?

If any of those guys that were interested in your car want a 3rd gen Maxima, mine is still potentially up for sale. I haven't listed it lately, but I have been thinking about selling it. The last time I put gas in it was October 13 and I have only driven it a couple of days since then. Mostly it's just collecting dust in my garage.

I am about a 4 hour drive from Spokane and my car will come with a set of studded snow tires mounted on steelies (never even mounted them this season).

Last edited by Cliff Clavin; 02-13-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:02 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

bye loco..

bye cliff..
Old 02-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Way out West

Originally Posted by Greeny

bye loco..

bye cliff..

I haven't sold it yet. My price is going to be a bit high, so it might not sell.

I have been thinking about saving money and buying something really cool in a couple of years, possibly the new Challenger. It kind of depends on some other things. The Maxima was paid off from day one and after the whole mess with having a payment on that Tundra (bought it, liked it, didn't like the payment, sold it less than a year later), I am not sure if I want another payment. The Challenger looks so cool, though...
Old 02-13-2008, 01:10 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin

I haven't sold it yet. My price is going to be a bit high, so it might not sell.

I have been thinking about saving money and buying something really cool in a couple of years, possibly the new Challenger. It kind of depends on some other things. The Maxima was paid off from day one and after the whole mess with having a payment on that Tundra (bought it, liked it, didn't like the payment, sold it less than a year later), I am not sure if I want another payment. The Challenger looks so cool, though...
Ibthechallengersitsinthegaragelikeyourmaxima..
Old 02-13-2008, 01:30 PM

I like the looks of the new Chally as well, even more now that I sold my 72 Chally. But I am just not sold on Chryco's reliability. A friend of mine just sold his Charger, what a mechanical pile. It looked nice, had losts of power, but was in the shop monthly with front end trouble that they never could seem to fix. I had a 02 sebring that was the same way, different trouble but same results. And if you think 3rd gen automatics are bad....
Old 02-13-2008, 01:41 PM

.... After all a man is only worth as much as his word and if that isn't worth nothing neither is he.....
AMEN. Hey, maybe you can stay on and help Maxima Newbies like myself.
All my experience is in 4 cyl. Neon's and V8 Chevy's. The Japanese thing is new to me.

Good times to you though.

Last edited by destroy452; 02-13-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:26 PM

best of luck to you guy,

As for what I see coming and going in the shop; Chrysler has made minimal progress on thier transmissions, motors; (that 2.7 is a time bomb), power windows and A/c. Kinda sad you see a 95 Intrepid with failing transmission, broken power windows and shot a/c then you see an '05 or '04 with the same issues,
Old 02-13-2008, 05:00 PM

Dont forget the head gasket on the intrepids
Old 02-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Way out West

Originally Posted by jonmandude
I like the looks of the new Chally as well, even more now that I sold my 72 Chally. But I am just not sold on Chryco's reliability. A friend of mine just sold his Charger, what a mechanical pile. It looked nice, had losts of power, but was in the shop monthly with front end trouble that they never could seem to fix. I had a 02 sebring that was the same way, different trouble but same results. And if you think 3rd gen automatics are bad....
Sorry to go OT, but Loco is leaving us, anyway...

If I get a Challenger, it will be the R/T (not an SRT8). From what I have read, it will have a Tremec 6-speed manual trans and the 5.7L, which is supposed to be improved for the 2009+ model year. I want to special order one exactly how I want it, without any frills except AC. In other words, delete everything possible. I am hoping they continue the lifetime power train warranty on all non SRT models (the Charger R/T Hemi is still lifetime warranty), but it's hard to say at this point, especially since the Challenger will have a manual tranny.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:47 PM

The other thing to consider is price. For forty grand you can buy a very nice restored classic Chally. It will INCREASE in value and you will enjoy it more than a new car. That is my two cents.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by jonmandude
The other thing to consider is price. For forty grand you can buy a very nice restored classic Chally. It will INCREASE in value and you will enjoy it more than a new car. That is my two cents.
pfff it doesnt have lifetime warranty!
Old 02-14-2008, 08:53 AM

See ya later!!
Old 02-20-2008, 12:30 PM

Peesh