3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Maxima Forums > *

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Maxima Forums > *

one more reason Maxima.Org pwns all other forums:

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701251977
http://www.performanceprobe.com/foru...ad.php?t=27386

d0zxmustang is the guy who helped us with the engine install, and the person whose house the stupid thing is still at right now. Seems that the general Probe community has a "no turbo no care" policy.

That would be like the 3rd Gen Maxima community not even bothering to respond to "car won't start, already tried this, this, this, this, and this" unless it was a VE-5....
Old 04-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yes, most other forums are kind of

Just try and find forum help for a Buick Century!
Old 04-05-2008, 07:34 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by maxitech
Yes, most other forums are kind of

Just try and find forum help for a Buick Century!
it's easier than you think. just think outside the chassis.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:02 AM

This is mostly thanks to the die hard members around here. It's not "the org", it's the few members who consistently help out when the same old questions are asked every week or two.

Last edited by Hectic; 04-06-2008 at 02:16 AM.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:27 AM
I miss my VE

I heard Probes were a poor excuse for the Mustang. No wonder it doesn't wanna start.

Yeah, this forum is pretty active. I think it has more members then any forum I've been to yet. Other then automotiveforums of course, but that place is just weird.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:11 AM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by VEvolution
I heard Probes were a poor excuse for the Mustang. No wonder it doesn't wanna start.

Yeah, this forum is pretty active. I think it has more members then any forum I've been to yet. Other then automotiveforums of course, but that place is just weird.
Probes were a Ford/Mazda (primarily mazda) venture to usurp the old Ford FF sporty car of the 80s, as well as going ahead and replacing the mustang too. Fans of the Stang got pissed so ford drew up new plans for it. That's why the 3rd gen mustang was around for almost 15 years.

but ya, the only guy on either site really helping is d0zxmustang, who lives an hour from us, and has been doing 90% of the repairwork on my friend's car so far. that'd be like aaron being the sole person on here helping me. speaking of which i need to visit him soon...
Old 04-17-2008, 09:06 PM

Out of all the car forums i've visited, I've noticed the more cult a car or car brand has, the more forum community has, and as that cult grows, more elitists grow and develop on said forums and think they're better then everyone else and post rubbish like

"1. Lives, kids, familes, jobs, activities... you know..things that we all do other than sit on the internet and answer questions. Sorry this is not a 24 hour tech support board."

while this may be true, you dont have to be a jackass and show how a car runs, if the community has helped you, why not help back and not be a **** about someones problem that is obviously causing them trouble getting a FORD PROBE (an econo-car) to work.

I'd just like to mention I love the USMB (subaru) board as much as I like this one, both very nice comunities
Old 04-18-2008, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mysticcal
.. cult a car or car brand ...
If this forum was only about junk bits, I'd be splitting logs...

While most of "my exhaust is puttin" -stories are 'the same', owners are individual. This person -dimension makes every thread unique, the remote diagnostics and glo-ball telex -steering process challenging :

While most get it, most amusing cases are those where help is wanted w/o guts to face the facts...

One cannot bypass the forum ctrl factor: if bullying is allowed, the b s's will keep everyone angry. Les miserables spewing their bad feelings do strangle our societies in myriad ways (and are dire need of hlp), uncontrolled forums at top of this list. I am glad to find one place where their feelings are been muzzled out ... and opinions can flourish - while 'any' challenging is allowed. Thks!
Old 04-18-2008, 10:47 PM
I miss my VE

Wiking, when I was younger, I stopped reading your posts, because it was hard to make out what you were trying to say. Now I actually enjoy it. Good to see you back.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:57 PM

Wiking, when I was younger, I stopped reading your posts, because it was hard to make out what you were trying to say. Now I actually enjoy it. Good to see you back.
first time I read one of his posts and I had a jiffy of a time getting through it, first time I scanned it I didn't even bother :P
Old 04-19-2008, 01:43 AM

Building sentences typically goes how one has learned to think = culture related. Germanic language sentencing differ in word positions, thus directly dropping words into English will often warp the message even if words are ok
To get it always right, one has to re-translate = 'de-schwarzenneggerise...' which consumes time. My brains MHz too low?
Old 04-19-2008, 01:52 PM

Soo guys help me out here. I ordered a Jim Wolf Technology POP Charger kit (just the intake cone filter) that requires that you remove Air Box. Last night I went to the Catman website and I discoverd they have full intake kits for my 91. Including tubing and your choice of a JWT cone, or a Monster Flow one?? Anyone recommend whats better for me sound and performance wise?
Old 04-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by maximafan91
Soo guys help me out here. I ordered a Jim Wolf Technology POP Charger kit (just the intake cone filter) that requires that you remove Air Box. Last night I went to the Catman website and I discoverd they have full intake kits for my 91. Including tubing and your choice of a JWT cone, or a Monster Flow one?? Anyone recommend whats better for me sound and performance wise?
that question belongs here http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=547514
Old 04-20-2008, 05:50 PM

probes suck, thats why.. id be angry at the world to if i drove a probe! lmao
Old 04-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by MaximaN00b
probes suck, thats why.. id be angry at the world to if i drove a probe! lmao
yeah... well. not much i can do to convince my friend that my car will always pwn his. Mine was as fast as his when i had an a/t.