3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

ksport gt springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 03:10 PM

ksport gt springs

I plan on running ksport springs with tokico hp's. Is anyone running them?
Old 06-25-2008, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by jdmjunky
never heard of ksport or anyone on here using them.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:23 PM

i was looking into those....... but i saw they drop 2 inch's..... they probably ride bad, but there are cheap......that is why i went with the intrax....but know i dont know if i should go with the eiabachs ...i dont want a bad ride
Old 06-25-2008, 05:04 PM

2.2 inch drop in the front 2.0 inch drop in the rear
Old 06-25-2008, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by mikeill
i was looking into those....... but i saw they drop 2 inch's..... they probably ride bad, but there are cheap......that is why i went with the intrax....but know i dont know if i should go with the eiabachs ...i dont want a bad ride
the springs are 250 bucks straight from ksport.But u can get a set off ebay cheaper for around 150.I dont think the i would be a bad ride with the right struts thats why im doin hp's.Im not really a fan of other companys like sprint,intrax and dropzone that make springs for our cars.Eibach's ok of u want a smooth ride and smooth handling.I want that but with a more aggresive look!
Old 06-25-2008, 06:27 PM
mod or sell?

Bounce, C'mon Bounce...
Old 06-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Taking my Maxima to the Max!

the springs are 250 bucks straight from ksport. But u can get a set off ebay cheaper for around 150.I don't think the i would be a bad ride with the right struts thats why i'm doin' hp's.Im not really a fan of other companies like sprint, intrax and dropzone that make springs for our cars. Eibach's ok of u want a smooth ride and smooth handling.I want that but with a more aggressive look!
Doesn't Eibach also make the Sportline springs which are a more aggressive drop than the Pro-Kit? I wonder how they ride compared to the Pro-Kit springs. Do they fit the 3rd Gen?

Last edited by mrkanda; 06-26-2008 at 07:18 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:48 AM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by mrkanda
Doesn't Eibach also make the Sportline springs which are a more aggressive drop than the Pro-Kit? I wonder how they rider compared to the Pro-Kit springs. Do they fit the 3rd Gen?
not for the 3rd gen.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:16 PM

Anything more than 2" drop in the front is just terrible. I barely tolerated the 2" drop from my old sprints.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

Originally Posted by goon9
Anything more than 2" drop in the front is just terrible. I barely tolerated the 2" drop from my old sprints.
is it the actual drop? I ask because I was wondering about eibachs with modifying the strut mount location to make it higher(resulting in lower ride). not that I would do it, cause it would require hood modification, but would it result in a better ride than just shorter springs?
Old 06-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by benstoked
is it the actual drop? I ask because I was wondering about eibachs with modifying the strut mount location to make it higher(resulting in lower ride). not that I would do it, cause it would require hood modification, but would it result in a better ride than just shorter springs?
it would theoretically feel just like the car does now... just look lower. in actuality.... geometry changes of the control arm's angle relative to the ground may affect handling differently from how drop springs do.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

Originally Posted by capedcadaver
it would theoretically feel just like the car does now... just look lower. in actuality.... geometry changes of the control arm's angle relative to the ground may affect handling differently from how drop springs do.
are you assuming incorrect caster/camber placement for the mounts? I was considering proper relocation of the mounts to maintain stock or better () location (which is another reason I cannot give it a whirl)
also I didn't think there would be much change other than control arm angle as you said, and am unsure how much difference that would make (you know, since i am an engineer by schooling and the best chasis builder in the world

Old 06-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

are you assuming incorrect caster/camber placement for the mounts? I was considering proper relocation of the mounts to maintain stock or better () location (which is another reason I cannot give it a whirl)
also I didn't think there would be much change other than control arm angle as you said, and am unsure how much difference that would make (you know, since i am an engineer by schooling and the best chasis builder in the world

well, the control arm thing is that since it pivots, the pure horizontal position of the balljoint mounting area has a sinusodial relationship with the height of the balljoint mounting area. so like, if you start with the control arm dead-level, moving it up will also move the end closer to the inside of the car. however if the control arm is angled down slightly, it will move away (until it's dead-level) and then start moving back. these are small differences, but on a car's suspension, everything matters. BUT, a drop spring package would do the same thing, having the car sit lower with no change in the way the control arm is mounted to the frame, so i guess it's just a matter of whether or not you are crazy enough to go through with it. cutting a stock spring would give a different feel also. it's got to do with the length of the spring when the car is at-rest compared to the compression rate of the spring and a bunch of other crap.... all of that determines how the car rides
Old 06-26-2008, 04:54 PM

I'd love to see someone fix our front control issue, I think I took care of the rear... Havn't tested it yet. http://forums.maxima.org/advanced-su...-swap-out.html

Last edited by goon9; 06-27-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:44 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by goon9
I'd love to see someone fix our front control issue, I think I took care of the rear... Havn't tested it yet. http://forums.maxima.org/advanced-su...-swap-out.html
wow... you mean my theoretical spiel was actually based in fact!?! that's kinda cool actually...
Old 06-27-2008, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by capedcadaver
wow... you mean my theoretical spiel was actually based in fact!?! that's kinda cool actually...