3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Passenger side front window won't move

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2001, 10:12 AM
tmc

Passenger side front window won't move

I have a 91 GXE. The front passenger side window is dead. I don't know if it is the regulator or the motor or both. I had to manually pull the window up and there is still a small gap at the top. Is there anyway that I can figure out before taking off the door panel what I need? Also, if it is the regulator, is that difficult to install myself or should I have it serviced?

Thanks for your efforts,

TMC
Old 11-07-2001, 11:47 AM

Re: Passenger side front window won't move

Originally posted by tmc
I have a 91 GXE. The front passenger side window is dead. I don't know if it is the regulator or the motor or both. I had to manually pull the window up and there is still a small gap at the top. Is there anyway that I can figure out before taking off the door panel what I need? Also, if it is the regulator, is that difficult to install myself or should I have it serviced?

Thanks for your efforts,

TMC
When you try to move the window up or down, do you hear the motor trying to run, but the window won't move? If so, then it's the regulator. I've changed a couple, it's not too hard, just takes a little bit of time the first time you do it.
Old 11-08-2001, 07:30 AM
93bluemaxSE

Re: Passenger side front window won't move

Have recently replaced both rear window regulators. When they went, I could not hear the motor very well, but knew that something was preventing the motor from moving the windows up and down. Only way to find out for sure is to remove the door panel. On my rear windows, I removed the window regulators and held the windows up by using a length of wood and a couple of screws until I got the parts.

I would not pay someone to replace the regulator. It is fairly simple to do. The window regulators for your car are available at www.nissanparts.cc for about $50.00 each. If you search around a bit, you'll find that price is very reasonable.

Good luck with it. Give yourself a couple of hours if this is the first time you have disassembled the door.

Originally posted by tmc

Thanks for your efforts,

TMC