3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Interior Paint

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 11:25 AM

Interior Paint

Hey all, I've been away a while but now im back(only posted 4 times before but who's conting?!) and Ineed some help. I am planing on paiting my interior today(dash, vents, door handle, ad the pice that covers the lock) and I was wondering if anyone else has done this on their own. I need to know what type of paint, and how to take off these piec(if i cant getem off Im just gonna use a REALLY thin paint brush or a paint pin. Alright, well thanks for any rpys Ill be back on the boards agai as soon as this mod is done. CYA!
Old 11-12-2001, 11:37 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Interior Paint

Originally posted by CDoja
Hey all, I've been away a while but now im back(only posted 4 times before but who's conting?!) and Ineed some help. I am planing on paiting my interior today(dash, vents, door handle, ad the pice that covers the lock) and I was wondering if anyone else has done this on their own. I need to know what type of paint, and how to take off these piec(if i cant getem off Im just gonna use a REALLY thin paint brush or a paint pin. Alright, well thanks for any rpys Ill be back on the boards agai as soon as this mod is done. CYA!
Check my site (link below) to see how to remove the door panels for window regulator. The first few steps there will show you how to get the door handle pieces. Then check out the clock fix on my page, it will show you how to get to the center dash and gauge surround. Once those are off, everything else is pretty easy (just look for screws).

as for the paint, just go to your local auto parts store and buy some trim paint (or any paint they have there pretty much) and you should be fine; people often use a clear coat to protect the finish once they're done
if you search, you'll find a lot of recent posts about it

good luck and welcome back
Old 11-12-2001, 11:40 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

check my site. XRR Custom Designs
any paint you want just light coats. make sure you clean the pieces with paint thinner then light coats of primer then lots of light coats of color then lots of light coats of clear.
Old 11-12-2001, 11:52 AM

Great! Thanks alot guys, I'll put up pics of the interior when im done. Thanks again, cya!
Old 11-12-2001, 04:13 PM

USE A BLOW DRIER!!!

TRUST ME DUDE.. use a blow dryer it makes to so much EZer... when painting***** hold can like 2 feet away make very think coats and dry each one of them ... ill have pics. of mine up this weekend