3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Delima on interior

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 12:21 PM

Delima on interior

Alright, I get to the store and guess what?! I dont know wether to get vinyl or whatever else material it is so if you can tell me if the door opener(inside), dash, vents, and the thing that covers the lock are vinyl or whatever it is, plz doso fast I wanna go back to the store and get that shiznet so I can get te interior done. Thank, cya.
Old 11-12-2001, 12:38 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Delima on interior

Originally posted by CDoja
Alright, I get to the store and guess what?! I dont know wether to get vinyl or whatever else material it is so if you can tell me if the door opener(inside), dash, vents, and the thing that covers the lock are vinyl or whatever it is, plz doso fast I wanna go back to the store and get that shiznet so I can get te interior done. Thank, cya.
most of it is just plastic and most any paint would work

on the door, the handle that is vertical and you pull to close the door is vinyl if you plan on painting that (although I think it would be better looking if you didnt )
Old 11-12-2001, 12:38 PM

Re: Delima on interior

Yes everything inside is vinyl.
Old 11-12-2001, 12:42 PM

Thanks again. Damn you guys are great. well I'll post agiain when my pics are up whih should be about 5 hours depening on how long it takes to dry. Cya, thanks again!
Old 11-12-2001, 12:46 PM

Wait!

are ou guys sure that the whole interior is vinyl? I dont wanna mess up thn have the most fu***dup car in the world rely fast plz. Thanks.
Old 11-12-2001, 12:54 PM

Wait!

are ou guys sure that the whole interior is vinyl? I dont wanna mess up thn have the most fu***dup car in the world rely fast plz. Thanks.
All those pieces inside that you plan on painting are vinyl therefore when you go to the auto parts store to get paint look for one that is specially made for vinyl and trim, on the can it should tell you that it works best on dashboards and that sort of thing. I recommend Plasti-Kote or Duplicolor. As far as messing up the interior, don't worry about that, just be sure to take your time and put light coats, you should not have any problems with this. Good luck.
Old 11-12-2001, 01:28 PM

Alriht, thanks agian.Cya!
Old 11-12-2001, 01:45 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

no no

Alriht, thanks agian.Cya!
only a couple of the pieces are vinyl. the vents are plastic most of the dash is plastic. I doubt he ment the uper dash he proabably ment the center console. trust me I have done like 20+ interioir paint jobs out of my shop and Ive have never had a problem with regular paint on vinyl. If you know how to paint you can get the coats on so they stay. XRR Custom Designs My shop site. look under custom interiors youll see I know what Im talking about. If you already bought vinyl paint it doesnt matter you probably just spent more money. Oh and make sure you clean all the pieces with paint thinner first. then 2-3 lite coats of primer then a lot of lite coats of your color then alot of you guessed it lite coats of clear. make sure its all dry before it goes back in. you can use a blow dryer to speed it up.
Old 11-12-2001, 02:10 PM

Re: no no

Originally posted by N34JZ

only a couple of the pieces are vinyl. the vents are plastic most of the dash is plastic. I doubt he ment the uper dash he proabably ment the center console. If you already bought vinyl paint it doesnt matter you probably just spent more money.
that is exactly what I meant, thanks N3 ,although vinyl paint will not be anymore expensive than regular paint if you ask me, I paid $6-7 for a can at pep boys.
Old 11-12-2001, 03:03 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

ah but regular ace paint is $3.99

lol but it doesnt matter just paint it using the techniqe I explainded and youll be alright.

COMMING 2002
XTREME STREET DESIGNS
XSD ver 2.002