3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

3rd gen/seatbelts/niki taylor

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2001, 11:14 AM

3rd gen/seatbelts/niki taylor

anyone see that news program featuring the article on niki taylor and her acident

its an old story but they aired it with her interview

i thought the selt belt thing was cool but i guess i know why the newer cars dont have that feature anymore

niki's liver really got messed up and an report done shows if you just use the top selt belt and dont manuely put on the lower one, you could damage your liver in an accident

the only good thing i see about the auto seltbelts is that you dont have to worry to put them and cops wont stop you for not using your seltbelt

just remember to put the bottom one on too if you are going to use the top one

i remember when i first got the car, i didnt know what the hell it was and it got choked or it knocked my drink out of my hand...lol

my cousin's 91 integra ls has the same feature, i guess alot of cars in those years had them

anyways, just wonderin if anyone else saw it and btw...niki taylor is still hot as hell, hehe
Old 11-16-2001, 11:27 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: 3rd gen/seatbelts/niki taylor

Originally posted by nodoubt711
anyways, just wonderin if anyone else saw it and btw...niki taylor is still hot as hell, hehe
oh yeah, it was big news in the 3rd gen community

there was a new post every hour a couple months ago when it happened
"did you know niki taylor was in a maxima"
"maxima in the news!!"
"supermodel in a 93GXE"

auto seatbelts need to have the lap belt on with them or else they can be very dangerous

that car ended up in a junkyard downtown in Atlanta, maybe I should go get some parts from it
Old 11-16-2001, 11:33 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Now I really appreciate my Canadian-spec Max - normal, height adjustable seatbelts! w00t!!!
Old 11-16-2001, 11:40 AM

you could get parts from it but the front passenger side is smashed to hell
Old 11-16-2001, 11:42 AM

the only reason she suffered those injuries is because she was not wearing the LAP belt!
Old 11-16-2001, 01:16 PM

Re: 3rd gen/seatbelts/niki taylor

Originally posted by nodoubt711

i remember when i first got the car, i didnt know what the hell it was and it got choked or it knocked my drink out of my hand...lol

I HATE IT when the seatbelt knocks my beer out of my hand!!!!!
Old 11-16-2001, 03:20 PM

Cheap rather than safe

I think one of the reasons that cars around our 3rd gen age have automatic seatbelts is because just about that time, the Government was requiring that cars in the US have some form of passive restraint, and it was cheaper to put in automatic seatbelts instead of airbags. Later 3G's have airbags (read: luxury car), too. And yes, they're tremendously dangerous without the lap belt, but then again, if you hit something really hard, there's no passive restraint that will protect you enough.
Old 11-16-2001, 07:54 PM

Originally posted by nstymax93
the only reason she suffered those injuries is because she was not wearing the LAP belt!
Ok..understanding that BOTH belts should be the norm, but is what you all are saying is that if you are only wearing the shoulder belt, you might as well not be wearing either. Fully realizing that the shoulder belt can cause damage used alone, but surely even if you are only using that one, it's better than NONE? Am I wrong?
Old 11-16-2001, 09:31 PM

Originally posted by OWhatAThrill

if you are only wearing the shoulder belt, you might as well not be wearing either. Fully realizing that the shoulder belt can cause damage used alone, but surely even if you are only using that one, it's better than NONE? Am I wrong?
actually, i'm not completely positive, but yes, i think you are wrong. i'm pretty sure if is safer with nothing at all. which confuses me on who thought of the idea anyway. i mean you have to move your arm in about the same way to connect the lap belt as you woul dhave to to connect a regular seatbelt. and my car has an airbag too.
Old 11-17-2001, 05:18 PM

Re: Re: 3rd gen/seatbelts/niki taylor

Originally posted by flyry110

I HATE IT when the seatbelt knocks my beer out of my hand!!!!!
You have that problem too, damn I thought I was just too drunk and dropped it.
Old 11-24-2001, 07:16 PM

Her boyfriend was wearing his lap belt and walked away without a scratch. I saw the car on 20/20 and there was like a gash in the middle of the front of the car all the way back to the middle of the hood. If she had been wearing her lap belt she would probably have walked away too. Maxima for life!!