3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Indiglos...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2001, 09:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Indiglos...

Whats up fellas, i finally got my indiglos in but i have one problem. I didn't know what to wire them to so that they would come on only when i turned on my lights. I have them going to the audio fuse because the tail lamp fuse always had power going to it even when my car was off. And now they indiglos are always on. Is there any way to get them to come on only when i turn on my lights? Will it cause a prob. if they are on all the time?
Old 11-18-2001, 10:02 PM

Re: Indiglos...

Originally posted by 92PussyWagon
Whats up fellas, i finally got my indiglos in but i have one problem. I didn't know what to wire them to so that they would come on only when i turned on my lights. I have them going to the audio fuse because the tail lamp fuse always had power going to it even when my car was off. And now they indiglos are always on. Is there any way to get them to come on only when i turn on my lights? Will it cause a prob. if they are on all the time?
what's with your user name, it's dumb.

wire the indiglos to your parking lights. through the fuse box, or use the red/yellow wire, from the steering column or from the parking light ****.

if they're on all the time, they'llprobably wear out faster
Old 11-18-2001, 11:05 PM

Re: Re: Indiglos...

Originally posted by ngthing

what's with your user name, it's dumb.

wire the indiglos to your parking lights. through the fuse box, or use the red/yellow wire, from the steering column or from the parking light ****.

if they're on all the time, they'llprobably wear out faster
1. Thanx for the info
2. You can keep your opinion, you wouldn't say it in person so don't get ballzy in the forum...
Old 11-18-2001, 11:15 PM
I'm needing a caw

Okay I don't see too much bad stuff yet.

92...ah, I was kinda wondering about your name also. Especially when there was no maxima wagon in 92. Thanks for the heads up though.

You might want to either explain the name or change it. It might make getting questions answered easier in the future.
Old 11-18-2001, 11:20 PM
Neice Anne

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Okay I don't see too much bad stuff yet.

92...ah, I was kinda wondering about your name also. Especially when there was no maxima wagon in 92. Thanks for the heads up though.

You might want to either explain the name or change it. It might make getting questions answered easier in the future.
Yeah, it kinda makes ya look like an ***.. I personally would tell you in person that your name was kinda dumb if your name offended me or made me feel that you were an idiot.. you seem pretty cool though, but first impressions do matter when you're lookin for help..

Old 11-18-2001, 11:22 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: Re: Re: Indiglos...

2. you wouldn't say it in person so don't get ballzy in the forum...
some of you guys are so hostile!
Old 11-18-2001, 11:25 PM

Re: Re: Re: Indiglos...

1. Thanx for the info
2. You can keep your opinion, you wouldn't say it in person so don't get ballzy in the forum...
nothing against you, the name is just stupid.

but you're welcome
Old 11-18-2001, 11:29 PM
Neice Anne

Re: Re: Re: Re: Indiglos...

Originally posted by DA-MAX

some of you guys are so hostile!

I'm not hostile you friggin punk! Say that again and I'm gonna jack you up!

Old 11-18-2001, 11:41 PM

This bandwagon thing here is a trip, i've had the name for months and i've been posting and no one has had any negative comment until one person says something. If my username offends someone, not if someone thinks that it is dumb, but if it offends one of the women or kids or anyone else, i don't have a problem changing it. I also want to say that i think that you guys should concentrate more on what people post than their usernames, its not like i'm posting anything to upset people. And next time if you have an issue, e-mail the person and let them know. I don't see putting "you're name is dumb" as a post deserving comment. Thanx for your time.
Old 11-19-2001, 12:49 AM
Neice Anne

This bandwagon thing here is a trip, i've had the name for months and i've been posting and no one has had any negative comment until one person says something. If my username offends someone, not if someone thinks that it is dumb, but if it offends one of the women or kids or anyone else, i don't have a problem changing it. I also want to say that i think that you guys should concentrate more on what people post than their usernames, its not like i'm posting anything to upset people. And next time if you have an issue, e-mail the person and let them know. I don't see putting "you're name is dumb" as a post deserving comment. Thanx for your time.
I understand what you're sayin man, I try not to be an ***, but as far as the "bandwagon" thing, I'd just assume not say anything, but you're obviously not the kind of guy I'd assume someone with the name 92PussyWagon is (Shallow, riceboy style) so I thought I'd second NgThings opinion. It's just a fact that your handle is gonna be judged by people when deciding whether to read your post/help ya out. Trust me, I got lots of extra help for a while when some of these doods thought I was a chick!

Old 11-19-2001, 12:53 AM

Originally posted by Neice Anne

I understand what you're sayin man, I try not to be an ***, but as far as the "bandwagon" thing, I'd just assume not say anything, but you're obviously not the kind of guy I'd assume someone with the name 92PussyWagon is (Shallow, riceboy style) so I thought I'd second NgThings opinion. It's just a fact that your handle is gonna be judged by people when deciding whether to read your post/help ya out. Trust me, I got lots of extra help for a while when some of these doods thought I was a chick!
you mean you're a guy?

hehe jk
Old 11-19-2001, 03:45 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Mabeys hes a big GREASE Fan

and he wants to make Greased Lightining again. Who cares
Old 11-19-2001, 03:56 AM

back to the point of this, the way i hooked them up was just with a switch. this way i have complete control over when they are on. you might not always want them on when you turn on the lights, like if it's just raining or something but you can still see the white fine. that way you may save the life of them too. all you have to do is wire the positive to the battery, or the tails if you really want since that always has power...wait, wire it to the battery with a switch in there sometime so you control the flow, and then just ground the negative. you could hook the - up the battery, but i just grounded it on a bolt under where i put my switch.
oh, and now for the bandwagon part, i hope you're not implying that my car is too a *****wagon cause that would just be uncool.
Old 11-19-2001, 04:10 AM

if you really want to you can do this too:

wire the parking lights wire to a relay which will tap a 12v+ source, thenrunthe switched power to a switch's 12v+, finally hook yourindiglo tothe 12v+ switched prong off the switch. this way, your indiglo will only be on if your parking lights have power, but you can turn them off if you don't want them on when your parkinglights are on.
Old 11-25-2001, 09:49 AM
Say Candyman 5 times

I realize I'm late with this question, but can the Indiglos be installed so that the brightness will be controlled by the OEM dash light dimmer switch?
Old 11-25-2001, 10:11 AM

Personnally, I took his handle name differently. I thought he was saying that his max attracts *****...Last time I checked, a lot of women like/drive maximas. (Notorious BIG - Akrite 2:16 ) But I dont know, to each his/her own right?
Old 11-25-2001, 10:17 AM

its a name... who cares... geeze...

- mattsy
Old 11-25-2001, 10:43 AM

This may be off topic

Getting away from the handle name argument, what's the big thing with Indiglos? It's getting to the point that so many people have them, why would you want them, you'd blend in with the crowd. They're a tad neat, but they are definitely NOT unique. On top of that, all I've heard about them is how much of a pain the the a** they are to install. And most people who get them installed still have problems gauging speed corectly.

I guess I'm mad cause the GXE comes with black on black gauges (which I hate) and I want some SE (white on white) gauges. I hate black cars - they're too much of a pain to take care of and you can't really custom color your interior without making it look stock. Black looks great in the showroom, though.
Old 11-25-2001, 10:47 AM

Re: This may be off topic

[QUOTE]I guess I'm mad cause the GXE comes with black on black gauges (which I hate) and I want some SE [I](white on white)[I] gauges.[QUOTE]

Oops, I meant black on white. I think typing so fast that the computer can't keep up with you is getting to be a bad thing.
Old 11-25-2001, 11:52 AM

Re: Re: This may be off topic

Originally posted by Gamezilla
[B

Oops, I meant black on white. I think typing so fast that the computer can't keep up with you is getting to be a bad thing. [/B]
Actually, I think what you really meant was that you have GXE gauges which are White(numbers) on Black(background). That you would like to have SE gauges that are Black on White. Looks like jOO need a processor upgrade bro
Old 11-25-2001, 01:45 PM

Re: Re: Indiglos...

Originally posted by CandiMan
I realize I'm late with this question, but can the Indiglos be installed so that the brightness will be controlled by the OEM dash light dimmer switch?
The way indiglos work is they've got a "dimmer" type switch that doesn't really dim, it's more of the color that's being displayed. It'll turn blue/green depending on the voltage applied (i'm probably getting some electricalterms wrong here). you could hook the dimmer switch onthecar to the indiglo switch, but instead of turning dimmer or brighter it'd change colors.
Old 11-25-2001, 01:46 PM

Originally posted by DaBoxGTI
(Notorious BIG - Akrite 2:16
get it straight, it's dr dre!

Old 11-25-2001, 06:15 PM

Originally posted by ngthing

get it straight, it's dr dre!

oh, ****....I was listening to BIG when I typed that! my bad!
Old 11-25-2001, 08:38 PM

Re: This may be off topic

Originally posted by Gamezilla
It's getting to the point that so many people have them, why would you want them, you'd blend in with the crowd. They're a tad neat, but they are definitely NOT unique.
i can agree with that, but factory gauges on any car definately can't be any more unique, i think there are still more people driving around with factory gauges than indiglos.