3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Moving on...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 05:04 PM
mod or sell?

now I'm confused.
you bought a 68k VE but have decided not to keep so you aren't moving on?
Old 03-18-2009, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Greeny
Point is, brian is not going to pay nowhere close to what hectic has in it, brian is a $500 car man, he's not going to pay what the car is worth..
But i'm the same way, up until this VE, I paid a total of $1,500 for my previous 3 Maximas combined. Course I did buy the pearl one for $2,800. I'm +$2,000 on that one after the accidents though

He's want 5 grand to boot..
Hehe, but he's got some spendy mods in that badboy.. It's worth the $3700 he wants IMO.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
now I'm confused.
you bought a 68k VE but have decided not to keep so you aren't moving on?
Yeah, but I wasn't serious about "moving on" (from 3rd gens) in the first place. VG to VE yes, but i've changed my mind like I always do

Last edited by Hectic; 03-18-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:23 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by Hectic
But i'm the same way, up until this VE, I paid a total of $1,500 for my previous 3 Maximas combined. Course I did buy the pearl one for $2,800. I'm +$2,000 on that one after the accidents though
Hey, don't get me wrong, i love $500 maximas as much as brian does.. but i'm quite sure you are going to want a bit more then that for a 68k ve..

Hehe, but he's got some spendy mods in that badboy.. It's worth the $3700 he wants IMO.
Yeah, it's "technically" worth it, but it won't ever sell for that, people don't care about mods added, they almost always will not pay for them in a whole car sale. He would be much better off de-modding the car, selling the mods, then stick a $1500 price tag on the stock maxi..I would bet he could come close, maybe even match the $3700 price tag by selling mods/car separate..
Old 03-18-2009, 05:33 PM

Hey, don't get me wrong, i love $500 maximas as much as brian does.. but i'm quite sure you are going to want a bit more then that for a 68k ve..
You got that right
Old 03-18-2009, 05:54 PM

Man if I had a way to take that VE off your hands, I'd probably do it. The dings wouldn't bother me in the slightest; dents like that shouldn't be too difficult to remove. Plus that interior is real mint; a good carpet shampoo on the floor mats and it's ready to roll. Too bad you live in bum **** Egypt
Old 03-19-2009, 12:40 AM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Point is, brian is not going to pay nowhere close to what hectic has in it, brian is a $500 car man, he's not going to pay what the car is worth..

You're not my ****ing english teacher, so knock off the spelling fixes..
ya ya. i talk to the man, i know how he is. Hectic should go back it into a tree real quick to drop the value of the car to $500

jk i would never tell someone to crash their 3G.

Last edited by CapedCadaver; 03-19-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Way out West

Man, I didn't even see this thread. Serves me right for ignoring everyone and just posting about my own selfish things.

Looks like a solid low mile VE. I think your idea of selling it is a good one. Might as well make a profit from it before the VTCs start to clack. If you can use it to upgrade your current ride, seems like a sweet deal.

I just hope you bring one of them to Troutdale next month.

I decided I don't want to sell my car right now. Yes, I know my price is too high and it has been since I listed it for sale. Part of that is not really wanting to sell it. I would like something either 1) much faster or 2) something convertible or 3) both. However, it's a good car and I have been driving it to my business trips and I really enjoy 3rd gens on the open highways. Quiet, comfortable, fun and decent mpg.

I still get compliments on it and maybe some of us still hold out hope that the 3rd gen could be considered a "classic" in the next 10 years or so. I don't see that many of them anymore and it's especially tough to find one in good shape. Around 80 percent of the 3rd gens I see on the road are pretty trashed.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Call me crazy, but the 3rd Gen appeals to me in ways my "new toy" just doesn't. Raw, brutal power is definitely addictive, but fit, finish, etc. appeals to me, too...I guess I should be happy to have the best of both worlds now...
Old 03-28-2009, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dhunterx
Too bad you live in bum **** Egypt
Portland =/ BFE...
Old 03-29-2009, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin
Man, I didn't even see this thread. Serves me right for ignoring everyone and just posting about my own selfish things.

Looks like a solid low mile VE. I think your idea of selling it is a good one. Might as well make a profit from it before the VTCs start to clack. If you can use it to upgrade your current ride, seems like a sweet deal.

I just hope you bring one of them to Troutdale next month.

I decided I don't want to sell my car right now. Yes, I know my price is too high and it has been since I listed it for sale. Part of that is not really wanting to sell it. I would like something either 1) much faster or 2) something convertible or 3) both. However, it's a good car and I have been driving it to my business trips and I really enjoy 3rd gens on the open highways. Quiet, comfortable, fun and decent mpg.

I still get compliments on it and maybe some of us still hold out hope that the 3rd gen could be considered a "classic" in the next 10 years or so. I don't see that many of them anymore and it's especially tough to find one in good shape. Around 80 percent of the 3rd gens I see on the road are pretty trashed.
Yeah, it only makes sense to sell the nice one, and make the ugly one nice. I bought some stock wheels with good tires to throw on the black max because one of the tires is so badly worn on the inside edge I'm worried the tire is going to blow apart without warning. I can't bring myself to sell a car with crappy tires. Also, those 5 stars are junk, you can't even fit a socket over the lugnuts without pounding them in with a hammer, and they don't align like stock wheels do when mounting them..

I will be there on the 19th assuming there isn't something major going on. That is actually the day the playoffs start, but I don't think it will be a problem to get back in time.. Should be fun, the guy I bought the wheels from the other day is actually a member here, I told him about the meet so maybe he'll join the pack, he's a cool guy.

Good to know you're not selling the Max anymore! They already are classics, according to me at least
Old 03-29-2009, 06:57 AM

playoffs for what? Do you play or ref?
Old 03-29-2009, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Maximahappy22
Portland =/ BFE...
Distance between Miami, FL and Portland, OR seems far enough for me to consider it BFE.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Gunther
playoffs for what? Do you play or ref?
I play, my name is Brandon Roy and I gotta be back in time so I can lead my Blazers to greatness.

Actually neither, I watch
Old 03-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Way out West

Originally Posted by Hectic
I play, my name is Brandon Roy and I gotta be back in time so I can lead my Blazers to greatness.

Actually neither, I watch

nice...

Are the Blazer playoffs going to be on TNT or Crapcast? I can't bear to watch anything on my laptop and I haven't decided if I should get my desktop fix or
buy a new one.

The meet is supposed to start at noon. You could show up for an hour or so, then skip the drive down the old highway. I am sure you have been there before. Usually the games are later. If the game is before noon, I am in for showing up and watching it at the bar at Edgefield. My wife is also a Blazer fan, so if she goes, she will want to watch. She wants to get one of the I heart Rudy shirts.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:45 AM

I'm pretty sure most of the 1st round is local only aside from headliner games, at least that's how I remember it when we were a lock every year. Course the TNT commercial about "40 games in 40 nights" is where I learned the start on the 19th in the first place. Maybe we don't even get a game that day. We'll see pretty soon I guess, should be interesting..

I wouldn't want to skip the drive, i'm always down for cruising along the historic highway, especially if there's 15 Maximas lined up