3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Picture of mounting the 3rd brake light?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Blown

Picture of mounting the 3rd brake light?

Does anyone have a picture of how the mount for the 3 brake light hooks to the parcel shelf? I need to put mine in since I have taken off the SE trunk, and I am not sure I am using the right bracket (read: I got it from the junk yard so long ago I am not sure I am using the right part because it does not seem to fit). Does anyone have a picture of the 3rd brake light mounting to the parcel shelf? Thanks for any help.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

i don't have one anymore (added spoiler, threw inside bracket away), but if you have pics of what you've got i can tell if you have the right thing or not.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Blown

26983 is what I have

http://www.courtesyparts.com/maxima-...1648_1664.html

so I have the right part. I cut the hole in mine based on the hole in an active speaker rear parcel shelf cover. I don't know why the holes would be a differnt size. Unless I need to mount it to the parcel shelf then bend it though the opening...but that does not make any sense.

I don't know. I was just hoping maybe someone has a picture of the mounting bracket attached to the parcel shelf. I am sure I will figure it out even if no one does.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by cardana24
26983 is what I have

http://www.courtesyparts.com/maxima-...1648_1664.html

so I have the right part. I cut the hole in mine based on the hole in an active speaker rear parcel shelf cover. I don't know why the holes would be a differnt size. Unless I need to mount it to the parcel shelf then bend it though the opening...but that does not make any sense.

I don't know. I was just hoping maybe someone has a picture of the mounting bracket attached to the parcel shelf. I am sure I will figure it out even if no one does.
the mounting bracket attaches to the metal frame underneath the parcel shelf, not to the parcel shelf itself (if by parcel shelf you mean the fiberboard thing with fuzzy stuff on top).
Old 09-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Blown

Originally Posted by CapedCadaver
the mounting bracket attaches to the metal frame underneath the parcel shelf, not to the parcel shelf itself (if by parcel shelf you mean the fiberboard thing with fuzzy stuff on top).
I know that. But there is a rectangle hole that is in the fuzzy shelf. The bracket does not fit though the rectangle...at least through the hole I have already cut. The hole that I cut was copied from a GXE lid with the active speaker set up. I laid one shelf on top of the other to make the cut, so the rectangle is exactly the same size opening.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by cardana24
I know that. But there is a rectangle hole that is in the fuzzy shelf. The bracket does not fit though the rectangle...at least through the hole I have already cut. The hole that I cut was copied from a GXE lid with the active speaker set up. I laid one shelf on top of the other to make the cut, so the rectangle is exactly the same size opening.
hmm well it should fit. you are trying to install it with the shelf already installed, then putting the bracket in over top of it, right? the base *should* fit through the hole and reach the metal underneath, and then it's just 2 bolts holding it on. of course you will need to run wires over but that's not too hard. you might even be able to get away with grounding the lights to the metal frame that holds the lights.