3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

VSS mod?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010 | 03:44 PM

VSS mod?

Hello. I have a 89 nissan maxima, and i was wondering how to do a VSS mod. I would like to disable the govenor. does anyone know how to do this to a 89 maxipad?
Old 06-08-2010 | 05:03 PM

The RE4F02A transmission always had a vehicle speed sensor and never had a governor. If the transmission you have does have a governor and no visual speed sensor then maybe the previous owner, for some retarded reason, installed an RL4F02A, which I don't know if it's easily possible without modding something else.

....or maybe some 89s did have the RL transmission? It was the first year the 3rd gen came out
Old 06-08-2010 | 05:08 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

only governor our cars have is the lack of power.
maybe daddy put one in, so his 15 year old son wouldn't wreck at 60+?
Old 06-08-2010 | 05:47 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

did you really make this thread, then ****ing bump an eight year old one, to ask a retarded question?

I am done; #2 on my ignore list.
Old 06-08-2010 | 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by BenStoked
did you really make this thread, then ****ing bump an eight year old one, to ask a retarded question?

I am done; #2 on my ignore list.

Yea I just read it too

Old 06-08-2010 | 07:09 PM

yeah bumped 2 old threads then asked it here

not to be a d1ck but its hard to take someone with a computer fan turbo seriously...
Old 06-08-2010 | 07:37 PM

lol i took that out. and im just asking for your guys help and i never get it. all i get is dumb **** like this.my question was answered tho. it does about 115MPH at likee 3500-4000 RPM, it just takes forever to get there. and im workin on the real turbo. buyin parts and stuff. i put on a water injection today, any comments on that? I also put my aftermarket fuel pressure regulator on, stock is like 43 PSI, what would be better, to run higher or lower psi? im going to heat shield my intake tube, intake manifold, fuel lines, and exhaust to try and cool stuff down a bit. Im putting a hood scoop over the intake to. any comments? I also hooked the 2 anti-freeze lines togethr that go into the throttle body, i was told it adds torc? and does grinding the ground wire on the spark plugs back out of the center, then re-gapping .010" closser give a more direct spark? Thanks!
Old 06-08-2010 | 07:39 PM

also with the hood scoop, i want to make it motorized so it closes during rain, anyone try this yet? and about where should the scoop go over the intake? little back? forward? thanks!
Old 06-08-2010 | 08:24 PM

Z31 turbo hoodscoop IMO is the best looking, motorizing it would be hard to do though and pointless, at the angle Z31 hoodscoops are at the only water that should get in is from driving in the rain and that gets evaporated by engine heat. look at Subarus and Z31 turbo with hoodscoops, people here drive them yearround and no problems
Old 06-08-2010 | 10:00 PM
Please. Call me John. I insist

There is no governor on any 3rd gen. 4th gens had it on the GXE with steel wheels/tires since they weren't rated for the speed but you pretty much are ungoverned.

If you're having trouble getting past 115mph then you should perhaps be trying to FIX or upkeep the car rather than attempting to remove a gorvernor or modify it. Maintenance FIRST, then modding.

Just out of curiosity, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to but I'm wondering... how old are you?
Old 06-08-2010 | 10:24 PM

heehee i'm not an expert, but if i had the time to motorize more things, i would. yeah it's pointless (not quite so pointless as a 55,000 rpm computer fan "turbo") but it's cool! rolls royce hood ornaments hide themselves when parked, and that's baller. buuuut i think youd be better off with a carrera-style motorized wing, gotta keep downforce on yer car y'know. wouldn't wanna lose traction in the rear... lol... especially at high speeds...

big wing... really big wing...

fvcking huge...

it'll be great

DO IT

Last edited by InfiniwhiptinitiII; 06-08-2010 at 10:26 PM. Reason: typoes...
Old 06-09-2010 | 04:34 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by robsterzallan`
lol i took that out. and im just asking for your guys help and i never get it. all i get is dumb **** like this.my question was answered tho. it does about 115MPH at likee 3500-4000 RPM, it just takes forever to get there. and im workin on the real turbo. buyin parts and stuff. i put on a water injection today, any comments on that? I also put my aftermarket fuel pressure regulator on, stock is like 43 PSI, what would be better, to run higher or lower psi? im going to heat shield my intake tube, intake manifold, fuel lines, and exhaust to try and cool stuff down a bit. Im putting a hood scoop over the intake to. any comments? I also hooked the 2 anti-freeze lines togethr that go into the throttle body, i was told it adds torc? and does grinding the ground wire on the spark plugs back out of the center, then re-gapping .010" closser give a more direct spark? Thanks!
dood...are you for real? my god man, please step away from the car/tools....
Old 06-09-2010 | 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Greeny
hes 15, which would explain alot
Old 06-09-2010 | 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by InfiniwhiptinitiII
heehee i'm not an expert, but if i had the time to motorize more things, i would. yeah it's pointless (not quite so pointless as a 55,000 rpm computer fan "turbo") but it's cool! rolls royce hood ornaments hide themselves when parked, and that's baller. buuuut i think youd be better off with a carrera-style motorized wing, gotta keep downforce on yer car y'know. wouldn't wanna lose traction in the rear... lol... especially at high speeds...

big wing... really big wing...

fvcking huge...

it'll be great

DO IT
fukc dont encourage him, next thing you know he'll have a huge wing on the hood like that time attack Scion looks so fking ugly that i would rather gain a couple seconds than drive with that thing

i hate wings on all cars pretty much, i know people with 500hp+ R32 GTR Skylines with no wing and no problems
Old 06-09-2010 | 10:57 AM
Jesus was a Zombie.

Originally Posted by chrome91
fukc dont encourage him, next thing you know he'll have a huge wing on the hood like that time attack Scion looks so fking ugly that i would rather gain a couple seconds than drive with that thing

i hate wings on all cars pretty much, i know people with 500hp+ R32 GTR Skylines with no wing and no problems
browse his image gallery; remember, I challenged him on the big azz wing on his wannabe honda in the turbo thread (he said he took it off, but I have my doubts).
Old 06-09-2010 | 11:21 AM

ill take pictures fudk head. answer my god damn questions so i can LEARN. your all fudking d1ck heads! Ive never done anything wrong, except wanted to know more about what i can do to my car, if your only gonna be ****** get the fudk out. NOW. will someone please help me?
Old 06-09-2010 | 11:30 AM

so basically youre trying to make your Max reach high speeds? remember, VG30E arent high revving 13B rotaries or 4-age engines. people have driven 300km/h in Z31 and V6 200sx with VG30E, but again you need to do the work because stock these engines arent high revvers

for starts, just do Y pipe, exhaust, CAI, etc. which will get you from 160hpish to around 180hp. then, if you want to go turbo just gather up all the parts. suspension, get Tokico or Koni struts and some aftermarket springs, front strut tie bar and rear strut tie bar.

that wing looks funny people here with built Skylines/RX7/whatever will put big CF wings on. they are slightly useful, but most cars look so much cleaner without any wing. thats what im trying to do with my 3rd gen, after the Ksport 2" drop i want to get a custom bodykit to get that low, clean look from the rear. i wouldnt mind getting the front a few inches off the ground with a small lip, but a few years ago a snow plow hit the edge of our driveway and theres a 4" high mini-curb so it would probably tear off going up it

EDIT- that wing was on a 3rd gen? i thought that was a Civic the OP had as well

Last edited by chrome91; 06-09-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 06-09-2010 | 12:00 PM

forgot to add if you want some moar powah, you can use some parts off of the VG33 on your VG30E, but again thats a bit of work
Old 06-09-2010 | 01:44 PM

Thanks! any one else want to help like he did??????????? or just blow me off saying im retarded?
Old 06-09-2010 | 02:09 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

Thanks! any one else want to help like he did??????????? or just blow me off saying im retarded?
see below.
now, quit being a whiny little *****, read what people say, and stop sucking your own p3n0® .

only governor our cars have is the lack of power.
maybe daddy put one in, so his 15 year old son wouldn't wreck at 60+?
Originally Posted by ColombianMax
There is no governor on any 3rd gen. 4th gens had it on the GXE with steel wheels/tires since they weren't rated for the speed but you pretty much are ungoverned.

If you're having trouble getting past 115mph then you should perhaps be trying to FIX or upkeep the car rather than attempting to remove a gorvernor or modify it. Maintenance FIRST, then modding.

Just out of curiosity, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to but I'm wondering... how old are you?
Originally Posted by Greeny
Old 06-09-2010 | 02:46 PM

see below.
now, quit being a whiny little *****, read what people say, and stop sucking your own p3n0® .
oh god genuine sig material right here
Old 06-09-2010 | 02:50 PM

so are you staying NA, going turbo, or what? if youre staying NA, build up the internals and do the mods i listed above. if youre going turbo, hit up a search and theres some threads from a few years ago with everything you need
Old 06-09-2010 | 03:30 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

ill take pictures fudk head. answer my god damn questions so i can LEARN. your all fudking d1ck heads! Ive never done anything wrong, except wanted to know more about what i can do to my car, if your only gonna be ****** get the fudk out. NOW. will someone please help me?
see ya in a month...