3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Does anybody remember Craig's corner/blinker mod?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 12:28 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Does anybody remember Craig's corner/blinker mod?

I want to make the corner lights stay on bright all the time, as well as make the 194 bulb blink alternately with the front bumper blinker lights.

Craig's page is long gone and I can't find this by searching.

Does anybody remember how to do this and/or still currently have this on their car (and can just check)? IIRC it was a pretty simple little rig, running a wire from the front bumper light harness to the corner light or something like that.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by James92SE
I want to make the corner lights stay on bright all the time, as well as make the 194 bulb blink alternately with the front bumper blinker lights.

Does anybody remember how to do this and/or still currently have this on their car (and can just check)? IIRC it was a pretty simple little rig, running a wire from the front bumper light harness to the corner light or something like that.
don't do the corners-always-bright thing... it's just the same as having your highbeams always on and really annoying for other drivers. you might consider wiring them to come on bright with your highbeams though.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:37 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Originally Posted by CapedCadaver
don't do the corners-always-bright thing... it's just the same as having your highbeams always on and really annoying for other drivers. you might consider wiring them to come on bright with your highbeams though.
With an amber bulb it's not hardly bright enough to annoy/bother anybody. It merely makes it match the brightness of the 194 bulb, and not look dingy/dated/dumb.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:17 PM

well i have leds for the bright cornering lights and they aren't too bright at all and they match the hids 5k pretty well.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

With an amber bulb it's not hardly bright enough to annoy/bother anybody. It merely makes it match the brightness of the 194 bulb, and not look dingy/dated/dumb.
you have an amber bulb in the large section of the corner? that might not be too bad then. several cars i've seen with bright-on-turn corners were pretty frigging annoying.. like the cadillac that has headlights similar to the 3rd gen

Old 06-20-2010, 03:31 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by CapedCadaver
Blah...the always bright corners are not blinding to anyone..

now on the other hand, having a broken headlight adjuster, so your headlights are pointing up like brights, now that is annoying to other drivers..
Old 06-20-2010, 03:34 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

shoot me a pm to remind me to check the black maxima, it has the always bright mod..i just cant remember off hand how it done..I'll snap a few pics..