3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

problems...ect.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 11:18 PM

problems...ect.

My door lights nolonger come on when the doors are open and my clock doesnt come on anymore either... what could be the cause? I checked all the fuses and got nothing...

also all my windows down and dont go up with tha driver door bottons...

and...I have yet another leak and i think its power steering fluid... its burns on the side where the belts are but i dont know where its coming from...
Old 07-27-2010, 01:45 AM

At the bulb connector, check for continuity between the pink wire and a ground point when the door is open and that there is no continuity when it's closed, just push the door switch to check. Also check for voltage on brown/white wire. If both pass, then all your bulbs are burnt out.

You clock and window switch needs repaired or replaced.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:27 PM

your power steering leak is most likely the pressure hose that you see up top in the back on the passenger side with the banjo bolt. they are notorious for leaking.The fluid usually bleeds out of the hose.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Hectic
At the bulb connector, check for continuity between the pink wire and a ground point when the door is open and that there is no continuity when it's closed, just push the door switch to check. Also check for voltage on brown/white wire. If both pass, then all your bulbs are burnt out.

You clock and window switch needs repaired or replaced.
power is coming threw the connections...im not sure of the volts well where are they suppose to be?

Originally Posted by TRBOMAX92
your power steering leak is most likely the pressure hose that you see up top in the back on the passenger side with the banjo bolt. they are notorious for leaking.The fluid usually bleeds out of the hose.
will check on that...
Old 08-10-2010, 03:48 PM

Anyone know why is my AIR BAG LIGHT stuck on?
Old 08-10-2010, 06:35 PM

Any significant voltage will power the check light bulb and should also power the bulbs that are in there. I bet it's the ground or door switch itself if you're getting juice, did you check for continuity?

Coincidentally you can shut off that airbag light by doing a routine with the door trigger. Something like: turn key to on and then hit the door trigger like 7 times within 10 seconds, shut the door, turn the key off and it should reset the timer. That's probably wrong though, google or check the fsm for the exact routine.

But if something is wrong with the door switch circuit, that's not going to work and you'll need to fix that first.

Last edited by Hectic; 08-10-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:40 PM

Does the factory alarm work...the fuse that juices up the theft warning control unit (TWCU) also sends power to the door lamps and the clock. I think it's the fourth fuse up from the bottom in the left fuse bank.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Augustus Maximus
Does the factory alarm work...the fuse that juices up the theft warning control unit (TWCU) also sends power to the door lamps and the clock. I think it's the fourth fuse up from the bottom in the left fuse bank.
Well I put the new alty in today it works they did a test on the old one and it was done for.

I down the windows and locked the doors but they all didn't lock the way there were suppose to until i did it about 5 times and i shut the door up the latch and opened it and the alarm didn't go off so yeah its not working at all and i tested the fuses and the all are good... I don't know what the problem is and the Airbag light is still on maybe that has something to do with it?