3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Front Speaker Amps

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 07:38 PM

Front Speaker Amps

Today my front right speaker blew, and if i'm replacing it i figured I might as well wire in an amp for the front speakers to make them sound better, I know I have read it on here somewhere about it but I searched and cant find the thread I was looking for so my question is, if I put in two new front 6x9 speakers does it matter what brand I go with if I have Kenwoods in the back, and how do you wire an amp into the system. I dont want speakers that suck but somewhere kinda in the middle. I know people say this alot but I dont really want to spend a bunch of money on the project, since I'm a broke college student.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

i dunno that 6x9 will fit without lots of mods to the door panel and a custom speaker pod. never seen any shallow ones that were worth half a damn.

anyway, 2 ways of going about it:
1) run wire from the amp to the stock head unit speaker wire
2) rerun new speaker wires to/through the door.

since you are broke, don't use an amp. use whatever head unit's amp that is built in, save some money for ramen.
also, good speakers can be found cheap on craigslist all day.
look under "electronics" as well as car/truck parts.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:56 PM

ya they are 6.5 i couldn't remember.

how much though would an amp to run the speakers cost?
Ive always wanted to get an amp for the front speakers to get more power out of them and figured now is the best time if the costs are not to insane which I doubt.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by 1990maxGXE
Ive always wanted to get an amp for the front speakers to get more power out of them
More power from your door speakers equates to less life for your ears. Trust me, people walking a block away couldn't care less what you're listening to, so don't even waste your time. You don't need amps for interior speakers, quality after market head units supply more than enough clean power to drive door, rear and even component speakers to an intolerable level.