3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Why can I not bleed my VE?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 02:44 PM
I miss my VE

Originally Posted by shiloh51933
Listen my dude, I've owned 3 Mustangs, 1 Camaro Z28, Mark 7 LSC and an 86 300zx w/turbo. One of the Mustangs was a 92' Saleen(Official Saleen not look alike) another was a 84' Mustang Cobra and an 86' GT all of them had work done to them. The Saleen was 450whp doing low 12's on street tread, I think I know what fast is. I didn't post the stats to argue which stock 3rdgen is faster, the answer is obvious. I own a 93'Sentra in mint running condition with a brand new exhaust from front pipe to muffler so don't tell that BS about yours, like I said your VG must have been shot, I've driven a stock VE and of course it has more pull. But if you think 20 somethink HP is a big difference you have more 2 learn, I've been around the track many times. I didn't post my original post 2 hurt your feelings about your VE, yse it's a little faster and that's it. I've been in many fast cars and driven many fast cars, my brother owns a Mustang Mach1 with plenty of enhancement, my other ride is a Volvo 850 w/turbo w/upgrades. With that said, you really think your VE is much faster than come on over to NY and let's really see what's hood, I mean what's good!!!
Yeah yeah.. I know..

Keep dreamin' pal.. Theres nothing to discuss here. The numbers speak for themselves. Im in Brooklyn.. What do you wanna see? How a VE 5spd is gonna get owned by a VG auto? Like I said, keep dreamin..
Old 10-02-2010, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by VEvolution
Yeah yeah.. I know..

Keep dreamin' pal.. Theres nothing to discuss here. The numbers speak for themselves. Im in Brooklyn.. What do you wanna see? How a VE 5spd is gonna get owned by a VG auto? Like I said, keep dreamin..

What's a matter... oh wait you ain't got a VE to even ****ing race anyway... what happen? Blow the motor or something... oh by the way, it ain't just the car... it's the driver. Nuff said!!!!

Last edited by shiloh51933; 10-03-2010 at 08:08 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:01 PM

woah ish got off topic lol

isnt auto technically faster than 5spd floored because of the torque converter? and you can get a VG to 190hp with exhaust/Y pipe and CAI
Old 10-02-2010, 06:49 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Originally Posted by chrome91
woah ish got off topic lol

isnt auto technically faster than 5spd floored because of the torque converter? and you can get a VG to 190hp with exhaust/Y pipe and CAI
I guarantee even with every bolt-on conceivable a VG won't dyno more than 160hp..
Old 10-02-2010, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by James92SE
I guarantee even with every bolt-on conceivable a VG won't dyno more than 160hp..
well factoring in age a typical VG with exhaust Y pipe and CAI would make probably 165-175hp, but stock VE with age are probably 170-180hp

this reminds me of 240sx forums, theres the guys that are perfectly happy with their KA24E, and the SR20DET guys just keep going at it lol
Old 10-02-2010, 09:23 PM

At 160k-ish miles my old black VE modded with CAI, y-pipe, Greddy Exhaust, lightened flywheel and UDP put down 180 whp and 185 ft. lbs tq.

A few years ago, a guy in the NE put down 181 whp and 199 ft. lbs of tq. with 270k miles on his VE.

Now, seriously, modded VGs dyno only about 140 whp and 150 ish lbs of tq. On top of that, MOST of the VG dynos I've seen over the years were only in the 130 whp range. One VG guy several years back only dyno'd 117 whp. 117. Early 90's Civic Si's dyno that much whp. Just sayin..

Aside from the turbo VG's, I'd say the only VG guy around here close to VE numbers is Cmax. I'd bet he's close to 200 (maybe even more) whp in his VG.

I'm hoping to be at around 190 whp/tq in my blue VE but I haven't been to the dyno yet.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Banned

I sent a bottle of sparkling apple juice to your house... did you get it?
Old 10-03-2010, 01:35 AM
I miss my VE

What's a matter... oh wait you ain't got a VE to even ****ing race anyway... what happen? Blow the motor or something... oh by the way it ain't just the car... it's the driver. Nuff said!!!!
Sure I do.. Its my friends car now. Its also a factory freak. Google what that means.

It ain't the car, its the driver? Why do you assume that applys to me? You have no idea what kind of driver I am, but I would love to hear how in a straight line race, from a light to light, with your VG AUTO TRANSMISSION you would go about beating a car you just lost to at a previous light? What would you do differently the second time around? Would you possibly rev it in neutral and throw it into drive, or perhaps brake torque that whopping 160hp monster to break the wheels loose? That super duper driver technique would surely knock a second off the previous run.. What about pushing the gas pedal differently this time, then how you just pressed it in the last run? Maybe shift the gears yourself with the O/D button off???? Oh wait, would you pull off while its still red for a perfect reaction time combo!?.......... Its the driver, yes...
Old 10-03-2010, 07:19 AM

It ain't the car, its the driver? Why do you assume that applys to me? You have no idea what kind of driver I am, but I would love to hear how in a straight line race, from a light to light, with your VG AUTO TRANSMISSION you would go about beating a car you just lost to at a previous light? What would you do differently the second time around? Would you possibly rev it in neutral and throw it into drive, or perhaps brake torque that whopping 160hp monster to break the wheels loose? That super duper driver technique would surely knock a second off the previous run.. What about pushing the gas pedal differently this time, then how you just pressed it in the last run? Maybe shift the gears yourself with the O/D button off???? Oh wait, would you pull off while its still red for a perfect reaction time combo!?.......... Its the driver, yes...
it can be the driver though theres a Youtube video where a guy in a 1985 MR2 smokes a newer Corvette, and those old school MR2 dont have alot of power. the Corvette guy couldnt drive
Old 10-03-2010, 08:24 AM

Sure I do.. Its my friends car now. Its also a factory freak. Google what that means.

Yo, how old are you? like 21 or something, your still a baby and need 2 grow the **** up. I was talking/working on auto's when you were in diapers still. How many 12 second cars you owned... oh wait, how many have you even driven for that matter or even worked on. FUCUCK YOUR FRIENDS factory freak and if you still think a race is straight away ... well your young still and you'll experience more things when you get older buddy. That is a funny piece up there about power shifting an A/T. Why you so mad about me finding that piece about 174bhp for, maybe cause it might be true, it's just BHP not WHP, which everyone knows changes at the wheels. I'm sure YOUR FRIENDS FACTORY FREAK came with 190whp....Nuff said!!! If we really want to keep it gully(real), none of these Maxima's are race cars without turbo, they were decent in there time, there not Nissan Skyline's or Nissan 300ZXTT's either, definatly not an American muscle car.

Last edited by shiloh51933; 10-03-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:45 AM

I would guess he's not mad that you found a reference to the VG having 174 hp. He's probably irritated that you for some reason believe it
Old 10-03-2010, 08:52 AM

I would guess he's not mad that you found a reference to the VG having 174 hp. He's probably irritated that you for some reason believe it
Oh what you wanna get into it also....let me not offend you VE guy's, you Max's are faster than us VG guys. The irritating part is that you guy's believe the VE's 190bhp is at the wheels, the VG has 174bhp and 160whp. My bad though for D-bo-ing your thread, it was not my intention.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:04 AM

Oh what you wanna get into it also....let me not offend you VE guy's, you Max's are faster than us VG guys. The irritating part is that you guy's believe the VE's 190bhp is at the wheels, the VG has 174bhp and 160whp. My bad though for D-bo-ing your thread, it was not my intention.
Lol dude, I'm not mad. We're not mad.

Did you not read this post by me with actual hp numbers at the wheels? If you read that, why would you then say that I/we think 190 hp is at the wheels? The post I describe is only a few posts up. Here it is for you:

"At 160k-ish miles my old black VE modded with CAI, y-pipe, Greddy Exhaust, lightened flywheel and UDP put down 180 whp and 185 ft. lbs tq.

A few years ago, a guy in the NE put down 181 whp and 199 ft. lbs of tq. with 270k miles on his VE.

Now, seriously, modded VGs dyno only about 140 whp and 150 ish lbs of tq. On top of that, MOST of the VG dynos I've seen over the years were only in the 130 whp range. One VG guy several years back only dyno'd 117 whp. 117. Early 90's Civic Si's dyno that much whp. Just sayin..

Aside from the turbo VG's, I'd say the only VG guy around here close to VE numbers is Cmax. I'd bet he's close to 200 (maybe even more) whp in his VG.

I'm hoping to be at around 190 whp/tq in my blue VE but I haven't been to the dyno yet.
"

This would be like me going to a 5th gen forum and arguing with them that the VE is almost as fast as the DE-K 5th gens because it has only 30 less hp...

This is just the internet dude. We're not mad. It doesn't matter if you found some inaccurate website that says the VG 3rd gen Maxima has 174 hp. It doesn't, so all this e-bickering is moot.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Banned

lmfao wow really? None of us/we ve guys think or say our VE5's make 190hp at the wheels. And for reference most of us/we VE guys are Senior members on here. Ive spent nine years alone owning repairing and tuning maximas. Ive had both VG5 se's and VE5 se's. Again like James and others have said we don't claim 190whp
Old 10-03-2010, 10:16 AM

Calm down son...older brother talking too ya really! Good drivers don't lose contol, do you...I mean, do we?
I like my VE but when I hear the fanatics on both sides going on like this (well like kids my son's age) I suddenly realize just how sickening this VE/VG debate can get. Yuck! I got a VE30de in a VG30 shell so what does that make...the referee. Flush your cooling system...
Old 10-03-2010, 11:20 AM
I miss my VE

Yo, how old are you? like 21 or something, your still a baby and need 2 grow the **** up. I was talking/working on auto's when you were in diapers still. How many 12 second cars you owned... oh wait, how many have you even driven for that matter or even worked on. FUCUCK YOUR FRIENDS factory freak and if you still think a race is straight away ... well your young still and you'll experience more things when you get older buddy. That is a funny piece up there about power shifting an A/T. Why you so mad about me finding that piece about 174bhp for, maybe cause it might be true, it's just BHP not WHP, which everyone knows changes at the wheels. I'm sure YOUR FRIENDS FACTORY FREAK came with 190whp....Nuff said!!! If we really want to keep it gully(real), none of these Maxima's are race cars without turbo, they were decent in there time, there not Nissan Skyline's or Nissan 300ZXTT's either, definatly not an American muscle car.
Don't pop a blood vessel now.. You know I got you good with my response..

21? At 21 I had enough experience to know that the driver makes no difference what so ever when it comes to automatic transmissions in average daily cars in a straight line race. You cant make a mistake. You just push the damn pedal to the floor. Any other kind of racing your talking about has nothing to do with this discussion. When the hell did any of us say we had 190 at the wheels stock? WTF!? Read more carefully?

And please dont talk bad about my VE, I'd appreciate it.. Thank you.

Originally Posted by chrome91
it can be the driver though theres a Youtube video where a guy in a 1985 MR2 smokes a newer Corvette, and those old school MR2 dont have alot of power. the Corvette guy couldnt drive
Well yeah, but both cars I assume are manual? The discussion here was about automatics, thats why I highlighted it in my earlier post because shiloh said his car was a VG auto and theres not much room for error in those situations.

What got to me most is that he really thinks his car is quick.. I would think with all the "experience" he claims to have, he would see otherwise. And the whole "driver" involvement statement when it comes to racing stock automatic cars in a drag race.

This would be like me going to a 5th gen forum and arguing with them that the VE is almost as fast as the DE-K 5th gens because it has only 30 less hp...
Honestly, the things I've seen from those cars on top end against the VE is nothing special.

Last edited by VEvolution; 10-03-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:43 PM

You ain't got no VE....STOP lying. If you loved your VE that much you shoulda sold the bimmer and kept and or fix up the VE. You're not a third gen owner. Change your name to Mr. Procrastinator .
Old 10-03-2010, 03:21 PM

Don't pop a blood vessel now.. You know I got you good with my response..

21? At 21 I had enough experience to know that the driver makes no difference what so ever when it comes to automatic transmissions in average daily cars in a straight line race. You cant make a mistake. You just push the damn pedal to the floor. Any other kind of racing your talking about has nothing to do with this discussion. When the hell did any of us say we had 190 at the wheels stock? WTF!? Read more carefully?

Well yeah, but both cars I assume are manual? The discussion here was about automatics, thats why I highlighted it in my earlier post because shiloh said his car was a VG auto and theres not much room for error in those situations.

What got to me most is that he really thinks his car is quick.. I would think with all the "experience" he claims to have, he would see otherwise. And the whole "driver" involvement statement when it comes to racing stock automatic cars in a drag race.

Honestly, the things I've seen from those cars on top end against the VE is nothing special.
I never said my Max is a fast car, it's fast for a 20 year old car, it's most def got more power than it had when I first bought it. If you read the end O f my last post about these car not being a Skyline/300ZXTT or an American muscle car. I just think it's an excellent car for what it is but like I also stated, non of these year Max's are really fast without boost. To those of you who get offended bout your VE's, just think how the VG owner's get offended when you pop shiit on VG's, I said this at da beggining of this battle, "of course a VE is faster, it was made faster stock". I was never arguing that fact but people wanna pop shiit , so with all that said... no hard feelings VElution, none here and good battle. I've raced dude's back in my Mustang days on the Jackie Robinson, if your from BK you probably know that parkway with all the sharp turns and shiit, that and Bushwick ave., I'm sure you know where I'm talking about. I'm from Queens originally myself but hung out in Ridge/Bushwick alot, did alot of racing over there. Again to James 92se, my bad bout fuuckin' up yo thread my dude.

Last edited by shiloh51933; 10-03-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:40 PM
I miss my VE

Originally Posted by Augustus Maximus
You ain't got no VE....STOP lying. If you loved your VE that much you shoulda sold the bimmer and kept and or fix up the VE. You're not a third gen owner. Change your name to Mr. Procrastinator .
If you drove the Bimmer and compared it to the Maxima, you would make the same choice as me. The way they drive and take corners is a day and night difference. The VE was falling apart from rust and needed close to $500 in repairs that I did not have. Also the Bimmer was a much newer car and I would take a bigger hit on it, compared to the Maxima if I had sold it. It was a no brainer unfortunatly. Why Procrastinator? What am I procrastinating towards? And it will always be my VE, and my friend agrees. I still work on it and drive it occasionally.

I never said my Max is a fast car, it's fast for a 20 year old car, it's most def got more power than it had when I first bought it. If you read the end O f my last post about these car not being a Skyline/300ZXTT or an American muscle car. I just think it's an excellent car for what it is but like I also stated, non of these year Max's are really fast without boost. To those of you who get offended bout your VE's, just think how the VG owner's get offended when you pop shiit on VG's, I said this at da beggining of this battle, "of course a VE is faster, it was made faster stock". I was never arguing that fact but people wanna pop shiit , so with all that said... no hard feelings VElution, none here and good battle. I've raced dude's back in my Mustang days on the Jackie Robinson, if your from BK you probably know that parkway with all the sharp turns and shiit, that and Bushwick ave., I'm sure you know where I'm talking about. I'm from Queens originally myself but hung out in Ridge/Bushwick alot, did alot of racing over there. Again to James 92se, my bad bout fuuckin' up yo thread my dude.
No hard feelings. But you should still check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S1F7P66Pmo All motor right there, and I was able to almost do that stock, but ran out of road. My VG auto would get stuck at 123mph. Thats the REAL difference. Not trying to bad mouth at all. I have plenty of respect for the reliability of the VG. I spent most of my time on the Belt, not the Jackie, but I had a friend who lived out there by Fountain Ave and we drove on it sometimes. I've heard rumors of the ghost lady that shows up by the cemetary before you crash

Hey James, hows the air bleeding coming?
Old 12-15-2010, 09:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Ok 3rd generation Maxima owners. I have a '93 Max V6 SOHC and I'm looking 4 the bleeder screw 4 the cooling system and I can't find it. Can anyone help, and does anyone have a picture of it they can post ? Going crazy trying to find it. Tried the jacking up front end trick, but it didn't work 4 me. Can anyone help this old retired Marine ????
Old 12-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Where is the bleeder screw on a '93 Max with V6 SOHC ? Can ayone help ? Maybe a picture of it. Please......
Old 12-15-2010, 10:05 AM

Whoa, is Glen Beck and Ann Coulter on this forum because this VE vs VG talk has gotten out of hand. Take it to the track to prove claims.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Darkwing48
Take it to the track to prove claims.
you have no idea how much i would love that

just like the spats on Youtube with muscle vs import, we should just rent a track for a week and settle everything
Old 12-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

But doing the heater on full blast is the S.O.P. on bleeding any car coolant system isn't it? It's what I've always done

I also ran the car for nearly half an hour with the A/C on full blast and it still never heated up all the way though.
well he's got a point... you're taking heat off the engine by running more air through the heater core. try it with the fan speed on 1, or better yet, just disconnect the connector for the valve that shuts the waterc0ck valve in the first place.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:59 PM

Well, I now have the car all torn apart and the engine on a stand in the garage doing a little overhaul on it. I'll be putting a new thermostat in it and seeing how it goes when I get it all back together
Old 12-30-2010, 11:20 PM

Well, I now have the car all torn apart and the engine on a stand in the garage doing a little overhaul on it. I'll be putting a new thermostat in it and seeing how it goes when I get it all back together
Pics...always like to see a VE torn down.