3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Shaking Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2001, 11:42 AM

Re: Shaking Maxima

Originally posted by hclll
The max vibrates a lot when stops at a stop sign. But if I put the transmission in Neutual, the vibration goes away. SO I wonder if it has something to do with transmission. Do I need a tranny flush?

BTW, how come my signature pics
It sounds as though you have broken motor mounts.
Old 12-20-2001, 11:50 AM

Originally posted by Matt93SE

hmmm funny.. look at #4 on my list, suggesting the ignition system has a problem. (bad plugs/wires/etc). you have bad plugs, yet you tell me it's not the problem. nice.

Matt O Matt........read the beginning of the thread.......I have stated that from the get go!! That's why I told Hcll to check the plugs, wires and cap and rotor to begin with.

The oil is NOT on the tips of the plugs, it's on the threads!!!!!

And NEVER did I say that wasn't the problem! NICE!!!!!!!!

Engine mounts or tranny mounts, whatever, they were'nt the problem anyway!

O2 sensor, found out that it wasn't the problem either!

Thank you Matt!! Merry Christmas to you too!!
Old 12-20-2001, 12:27 PM
STFU n00b!

Originally posted by Mr. Nismo

Matt O Matt........read the beginning of the thread.......I have stated that from the get go!! That's why I told Hcll to check the plugs, wires and cap and rotor to begin with.

The oil is NOT on the tips of the plugs, it's on the threads!!!!!

And NEVER did I say that wasn't the problem! NICE!!!!!!!!

Engine mounts or tranny mounts, whatever, they were'nt the problem anyway!

O2 sensor, found out that it wasn't the problem either!

Thank you Matt!! Merry Christmas to you too!!

When did this post become about you? I seem to remember it was another member asking for help. has he checked all of these things you and I have both told him and eliminated them all? I don't think so.
And Happy New year. egg nog won't be strong enough to cure this headache.. time for my new year's champagne.

btw.. oil on the threads.. is that because there's a a bit of oil on startup of the engine (i.e. bad valve stem seals), or because you've got a valve cover leak and you're getting oil in the spark plug holes.
my GF's mom's accord had a valve cover leak and completely filled the plug holes with oil.. car ran like a$$. replace valve cover gasket, plug, and wires. runs like a champ now.
Old 12-20-2001, 01:27 PM

Originally posted by Mr. Nismo
Hcll the reason your car shakes like that is because your RPM's drop to low and it makes you car shake. I am going through the same exact situation with my 93 SE auto. It has nothing to do with your rotors, tranny fluid (changed mined already and it made no difference), worn brake pads, or engine mounts. NONE of the above! What I found out is that either I have to clean my throtle body and I have to get new seals because I am getting oil in my spark plugs. Check your ignition system and idle and go from there. When was the last time you changed your spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter etc.......
Right here Matty!!!

May I recommend something stronger for the headache. Vodka!

By the way, I do have to replace the valve stem seals.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!