3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Is it possible

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2001, 01:10 AM

Is it possible

to create a big mouth out of a stilen front lip? Anyone every attempt it? I like the way that purple max looked, but i have a stillen lip already(anyone want to trade), could i cut out the middle "deck" piece and make some pieces to run up near the turn signals. Or do you guys think it would look stupid, the stillen kit is kinda rounded so i dont know if it would actually look good. Just looking to see if it has been attempted. thanx
Old 12-19-2001, 02:00 AM

Re: Is it possible

Originally posted by Booner8269
to create a big mouth out of a stilen front lip? Anyone every attempt it? I like the way that purple max looked, but i have a stillen lip already(anyone want to trade), could i cut out the middle "deck" piece and make some pieces to run up near the turn signals. Or do you guys think it would look stupid, the stillen kit is kinda rounded so i dont know if it would actually look good. Just looking to see if it has been attempted. thanx
you can do anything if you have money and imagination
Old 12-19-2001, 02:08 AM

you can do anything if you have money and imagination
Well i have the imagination, not the money, but i do got the time so i dont know were that leaves me.
Old 12-19-2001, 05:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Well i have the imagination, not the money, but i do got the time so i dont know were that leaves me.
Adobe photoshop is a wonderful thing, get a pic, get it into photoshop, edit it the way you want to see how it will look, if you can't do that you might try sketching it out. If it looks good and you're going to attempt the actual work yourself i would talk to someone who has worked with that type of material and see what it entails. I'm learning that the best thing to do is RESEARCH!! Save you money and time in the long run
Old 12-19-2001, 05:47 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

lol

Creative and Broke. take it to a body shop and ask what they can do. or find someone who can work with fiberglass (not the best material but not much else.)My friend has a Del Sol and after he got his kit on he started working on his old bumper, since his dad used to do body work he had most of the tools and supplies, plus his dad helped him out. Anyway we cut out the plastic grill in the "mouth" and used fiber glss to form slanted support looking things. It looked pretty cool. then I had this mesh stuff so we made diamond shapes (kinda like the bumder lights on 5th gens in the back) and covered them with fiberglass. It came out pretty cool, So if we could do something like that im sure a body shop could. Ill try and find some pics of the bumper.
Old 12-19-2001, 09:11 AM

How come i cant attach a file, well anyway i dont got photoshop but i used the paint program and got the idea of what it would look like, honestly doesnt look bad on a comp, on a max that could be a different story. If anyone wants to see them let me know.