3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

bye guys!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by James92SE
It reminds me of that article in Super Street or whatever it was about 8-9 years ago when those guys bought a brand new bone stock Sentra and literally stripped the hell out of it, and got it to run a 14 flat or something

no way!!! you saw that article too???? i think it was in sport compact car magazine and the testing was done at the CA speedway.
that article was super super old but the point was that they never touched the engine bay and were able to pick up a full second and a half by stripping down the whole car.
and when i say stripping the car, i mean no doors either!
Old 12-28-2010, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Hatmanafro
Hahah. Funny. Just a cool daily driver. Its really fun to drive. Well. Considering it is the first stick shift i have ever driven and owned. Ehhh. It looks fun being a ricey 17 year old. Haha
wasnt trying to be a **** but seriously: why did you give away a perfectly good running four door sedan?
if i were you i wouldve kept that car as a daily driver and then bought something else as a project (an old foxbody,a 1g DSM, LS1 z28) and then gone from there.
and you can do whatever you want to your project car on the weekend and still have a reliable and yet quick car to drive around in.
..at least..thats what my maxima is for
Old 12-28-2010, 11:43 PM
I miss my VE

Originally Posted by 5 ltr. beater
wasnt trying to be a **** but seriously: why did you give away a perfectly good running four door sedan?
if i were you i wouldve kept that car as a daily driver and then bought something else as a project (an old foxbody,a 1g DSM, LS1 z28) and then gone from there.
and you can do whatever you want to your project car on the weekend and still have a reliable and yet quick car to drive around in.
..at least..thats what my maxima is for
I agree with you, but some people can't afford insurance on two cars. Thats the biggest killer on why many younger people can't even own a car. It's always that mandatory insurance. At least in NY it is.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:49 PM

yeah insurance can be a killer, young+a 2dr car already goes against your favour. unless you can keep it under your parents insurance since they most likely pay peanuts compared to a young person

i know lots of people say drive a boat until youre 19+ then get a sports car but being 20 i dont think the insurance on me getting a Skyline or FD would be good even

another thing you can do is keep a project car on your property where it could be uninsured and work on it and insure it when youre done
Old 12-29-2010, 06:05 AM

Was that 263,000 on your new used Acura? She looks like she needs a lot of TLC but what ever makes you happy. I'm not giving my 3rdgen up for nobody or nothing!! I have 2 other whips though(a work car, weekend car), so basically my Max can just sit while I'm doing everything I want to do to her. Good wrenching with your new whip.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:31 AM
STFU n00b!

Originally Posted by chrome91
yeah insurance can be a killer, young+a 2dr car already goes against your favour. unless you can keep it under your parents insurance since they most likely pay peanuts compared to a young person

i know lots of people say drive a boat until youre 19+ then get a sports car but being 20 i dont think the insurance on me getting a Skyline or FD would be good even

another thing you can do is keep a project car on your property where it could be uninsured and work on it and insure it when youre done
There's a damn good reason insurance on teenagers is sky high. ever watched one drive?
Old 12-29-2010, 07:48 AM

B18 LS - Turbo?
Old 12-29-2010, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
There's a damn good reason insurance on teenagers is sky high. ever watched one drive?
i know firsthand

in grade 12 this girls dad bought her a CLEAN 1st gen LHD MR2, of course everyone drooled over it and she couldnt drive stick worth crap. my friend was a pro at drifting and she said he could take it out later on a afternoon when she came back, before she left someone yelled DONT CRASH IT

10 minutes later, she hydroplaned into a van

i know some people that are 18-20 and have Skylines and such in their name, i should ask what theyre paying. i paid IIRC $190/month on the 3rd gen from when i was 16-17 and from 18-20 its stayed at $160
Old 12-29-2010, 06:32 PM

...sig material right there
Old 12-29-2010, 07:58 PM
I miss my VE

...sig material right there
hehe.. well at least they think they're good. i love hearing 17 yr olds with a fresh lisence telling one another, "bro you can totally drive dude"
Old 12-29-2010, 11:04 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

Originally Posted by VEvolution
hehe.. well at least they think they're good. i love hearing 17 yr olds with a fresh lisence telling one another, "bro you can totally drive dude"
I don't. makes me sick and I fear for my life.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:58 PM

Damn amateurs. Have to repeatedly remind them that they can sometimes successfully get a car from point A to B. But drive... NO!
Old 12-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Banned

Shiiieeettt! Im a great driver! And i think i pay like 126 a month for liability insurance. I guess thats not too bad only a dollar more than what i payed for the maxima.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:47 AM
STFU n00b!

You just go ahead and keep believing that. After 10 years of driving without a fender bender or call to a tow truck/friend to pull you out of a ditch, then I'll call you a decent driver.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Banned

Alright ill check back in 9 years. Hahah. I feel like im a decent driver. Ive never been in any sort of wreck. Never been stopped. I have had close calls but i reacted quickly. Lol. I enjoy driving so when i do it i focus on it. I dont really multitask
Old 01-04-2011, 06:58 PM

You just go ahead and keep believing that. After 10 years of driving without a fender bender or call to a tow truck/friend to pull you out of a ditch, then I'll call you a decent driver.

....actually its the opposite....you gotta know your limits and experience beyond the limit to be a better driver...you gotta be involved in accidents so that you know what mistake you made the first time so that you dont repeat that again....

....its like skateboarding....how many broken bones do think tony hawk had before he became the professional skateboarder that he is? (when he was competing of course) hes not afraid to push it to the limit because he's been there and beyond...
...ive been involved in a few high speed crashes due to me doing some spirited driving and drifting (no one else involved of course) ...and im not afraid to push the limits because ive been there and back...

...if you've never been involved in an accident....you'll never be as good a driver as the guy that's experienced a little more than you and isnt afraid to push the envelope juuuusst a little farther than you....
Old 01-04-2011, 08:54 PM
I miss my VE

....actually its the opposite....you gotta know your limits and experience beyond the limit to be a better driver...you gotta be involved in accidents so that you know what mistake you made the first time so that you dont repeat that again....

....its like skateboarding....how many broken bones do think tony hawk had before he became the professional skateboarder that he is? (when he was competing of course) hes not afraid to push it to the limit because he's been there and beyond...
...ive been involved in a few high speed crashes due to me doing some spirited driving and drifting (no one else involved of course) ...and im not afraid to push the limits because ive been there and back...

...if you've never been involved in an accident....you'll never be as good a driver as the guy that's experienced a little more than you and isnt afraid to push the envelope juuuusst a little farther than you....
Sorry but I think you missed the point. He meant 10 years AFTER the initial mistakes you make when first learning to drive. I've also been there and done that, but that was in the first 2-3 years behind the wheel. Since then I've been over 5 years accident free. Of course not driving like a teenage **** anymore helps alot.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:25 PM

Shiiieeettt! Im a great driver! And i think i pay like 126 a month for liability insurance. I guess thats not too bad only a dollar more than what i payed for the maxima.
Thats nice I pay $54 for liability on my 3rd gen.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:35 AM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by maximo018
Thats nice I pay $54 for liability on my 3rd gen.
no more 3rd gen in my stable, but I pay about $26 a month for liability on each of the 4 vehicles I have insured.

it pays to have multiple vehicles on one policy.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Banned

Hoooooly ****. Thats hella cheap insurance. And i guess thats a good theaory. I like to push the limit sometimes but i think. Like. I drive in a spirited way alot. But only when im alone on the road. Being in a wreck dosent signify experience or pushing the limit. If anything it shows stupidity. But thats all you bro.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:04 AM

Sorry but I think you missed the point. He meant 10 years AFTER the initial mistakes you make when first learning to drive. I've also been there and done that, but that was in the first 2-3 years behind the wheel. Since then I've been over 5 years accident free. Of course not driving like a teenage **** anymore helps alot.

...aahhh....i see....gotcha...
Old 01-05-2011, 10:19 AM

Being in a wreck dosent signify experience or pushing the limit. If anything it shows stupidity. But thats all you bro.
.....explain that one please...how does it show stupidity?

...nobody is born a race car driver....it goes back to the old saying....you gotta burn to learn.....smacking the car against a curb or guardrail is just a sign you gotta go back and correct your mistake....
..heck i smacked the curb just the other night in my evo as i was playing in the mountains just this past mon. its in the shop right now getting fixed and ill have to go back and try it again once its outta the shop....
...no need to put someone down because someone's a little more daring and venturous than you...
....heck if anything...it shows i got the ***** to do it while people like you watch me from the sidelines...
Old 01-05-2011, 10:45 AM

All the same, it's a pity.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:06 PM
STFU n00b!

Actually that's exactly what I meant, and why I said it how I said it.
I did some dumb stuff when I was a kid and don't know how the hell I survived my teenage years. looking back on it 15 years after I started driving, I realize exactly how stupid it was those first few years. I remember the speeds I drove my truck down some of the curvy back roads headed to Mom's house in the country and wouldn't even think of taking those turns at those speeds in my race car.

As for my experiences, I learned 10x more about my driving limits in my first season of autocrossing and road racing than I did in 10 years of driving like an idiot on the street.. The street is NOT where to find the limits of your driving abilities. the cost of screwing up- even if you're the only one on the road- is severe injury or death- yours or someone else's. what happens when you're drifting around a corner and OOPS! there's another car coming around the corner! you just screwed up your line and now you're out of control sideways in the other guys' lane. Whatyagonnadonow?! best case is you wind up in a ditch and have to call a tow and get to pay a ticket for careless driving. worst case is people die.

If you're gonna drive like a douchebag, get off the road.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:16 PM

The street is NOT where to find the limits of your driving abilities. the cost of screwing up- even if you're the only one on the road- is severe injury or death- yours or someone else's. what happens when you're drifting around a corner and OOPS! there's another car coming around the corner! you just screwed up your line and now you're out of control sideways in the other guys' lane. Whatyagonnadonow?! best case is you wind up in a ditch and have to call a tow and get to pay a ticket for careless driving. worst case is people die.

If you're gonna drive like a douchebag, get off the road.
^^^^^

i agree on this.....
unfortunately autocross doesnt come very often to the CA speedway so i just practice on empty roads at night (roads where you can see a mile a head if there are lights coming towards you)
sometimes we will have spotters parked on the side with a two radio to warn us if there is a single car coming down the road.
...i guess its the rush of being on the road, as opposed to being on a closed track, that makes it just a tad more tempting to not wait till autocross comes around.....
Old 01-05-2011, 03:52 PM
STFU n00b!

^^^^^

i agree on this.....
unfortunately autocross doesnt come very often to the CA speedway so i just practice on empty roads at night (roads where you can see a mile a head if there are lights coming towards you)
sometimes we will have spotters parked on the side with a two radio to warn us if there is a single car coming down the road.
...i guess its the rush of being on the road, as opposed to being on a closed track, that makes it just a tad more tempting to not wait till autocross comes around.....
The rush of getting caught is why a lot of you idjits do crap like that. I dont' mind wiping out at the track and having to fix the car. I DO mind wiping out on a Houston street and blocking up traffic for hours and have to pay to tow and fix the car.
If I break it at the track, I just have a friend's golf cart push it on the trailer and haul it home. I'll fix it when I feel like it and nobody died.

doing stupid ish in the dark on the back roads is just immature and stupid. did I do it when I was 17? sho' 'nuff... then I got tired of paying tickets and took the money from my tickets and high insurance to the race track. It's called growing up.. all the cool kids are doing it.

Try real racing sometime... This is a HELLUVA lot more adrenaline rush than I ever got on the street doing stupid human stunts..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYJvJ..._order&list=UL

Last edited by Matt93SE; 01-05-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Banned

Not putting you down for being a daredevil. But im 17. And im not exacly triyin to get fined out the *** for actin like a dumbass. I feel like i am daring enough just taking corners a lil quick on some backroads and stuff sometimes, you know? Hard shifting. Triying to heel toe. Lol. But thats it. I dont have money to fix my car or pay tickets. So im perfectly fine with not being a race car driver
Old 01-05-2011, 04:25 PM

I grew up in a drag racing family, so the most trouble I would cause around 17 is at the stop lights. But I didn't have good roll models either. Like my Mom in the passenger seat laughing...

That, and blowing diesel smoke... But that came in handy for gaters!
Old 01-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Banned

Yeah i am looking forward to racing people. I guess thats pretty stoopid but i still wanna do it. Straight line racing is a pretty big rush. Atleast for me. Im kind of a newwb and stuff
Old 01-05-2011, 04:40 PM

Oh, racing is fun. Well, winning is. Losing is just that moment of "Ok, how much do I need to spend to win next time?"

Any local strips in your area? Get into it! Enter into some comps. Try your hand at bracket racing. The buy ins are normally cheap, and the pay outs are good if you place. Fun, and much safer then the street.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Banned

Thats true i guess. Id like to try it one day forsure. I live in ga so i think commerce is the closest. Im not exacly sure how that stuff works. But i would like to do it
Old 01-05-2011, 08:50 PM

.....explain that one please...how does it show stupidity?

...nobody is born a race car driver....it goes back to the old saying....you gotta burn to learn.....smacking the car against a curb or guardrail is just a sign you gotta go back and correct your mistake....
..heck i smacked the curb just the other night in my evo as i was playing in the mountains just this past mon. its in the shop right now getting fixed and ill have to go back and try it again once its outta the shop....
...no need to put someone down because someone's a little more daring and venturous than you...
....heck if anything...it shows i got the ***** to do it while people like you watch me from the sidelines...
It also means you have $$$ to afford to do that.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:56 PM

The rush of getting caught is why a lot of you idjits do crap like that. I dont' mind wiping out at the track and having to fix the car. I DO mind wiping out on a Houston street and blocking up traffic for hours and have to pay to tow and fix the car.
If I break it at the track, I just have a friend's golf cart push it on the trailer and haul it home. I'll fix it when I feel like it and nobody died.

doing stupid ish in the dark on the back roads is just immature and stupid. did I do it when I was 17? sho' 'nuff... then I got tired of paying tickets and took the money from my tickets and high insurance to the race track. It's called growing up.. all the cool kids are doing it.

Try real racing sometime... This is a HELLUVA lot more adrenaline rush than I ever got on the street doing stupid human stunts..
I can't wait to get on a road course! (itching like a crack head)
Old 01-05-2011, 10:22 PM

i'll be doing road racing next year, theres actually ice racing on a local forum starting now and a few people want me to go but i cant because of my schedule o well

trust me ive met people who race professionally now and did it on the streets young and every single one has told me its not worth it
Old 01-06-2011, 09:29 AM

well i dont exactly race in traffic (hence why we mess around at night) , local mountains and back roads is where we play.
i dont see exactly your point between drifting on a public road vs. drifting on a track not considered "real" racing. if anything im just practicing. when im at the track i dont reallly go there to race anyone.., i just go there to have fun and learn, just like on back roads and such...
..we can agree to disagree though. rest assured i dont play in traffic nor put anyone at risk. just myself.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:29 PM
STFU n00b!

The point is, it's legal and safe on place. It's not in the other place.

Public streets are not where you "practice" your drifting. Public streets are what you use to get to the track so you CAN practice your drifting. play all you want while you're on private property, but don't try that crap on public roads- even if it is at 3am and you think nobody's coming.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:33 AM

...if you dont mind me asking, what kind of maxima do you have?
Mechanically stock VG 5. Do you not think a VG is faster than an old beat up Integra from 50 MPH? I wasn't racing him, I was sick of dealing with his antics so I took off. If I was racing him, even if I was driving an automatic, I'm sure I still would have left him in the rear view.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:37 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

some parts over nighted from japan would fix this thread.......
Old 01-07-2011, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Hectic
Mechanically stock VG 5. Do you not think a VG is faster than an old beat up Integra from 50 MPH? I wasn't racing him, I was sick of dealing with his antics so I took off. If I was racing him, even if I was driving an automatic, I'm sure I still would have left him in the rear view.

meh...i was just thinking that if you were both racing, how fast could one 15sec car leave another 15 sec car?

Originally Posted by Greeny
some parts over nighted from japan would fix this thread.......

.....more sig material right there! lol

Last edited by 5 ltr. beater; 01-07-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:38 PM
STFU n00b!

Neither VG nor Integra are 15 sec cars.....

Quick Reply: bye guys!