3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Remote Starter for '93 Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2001, 09:55 AM
Antonio

Remote Starter for '93 Maxima

Hey guys! Couple of days ago I have located a remote starter box under the hood of my '93 Maxima. I understood that the starter came as a standard feature of that year model. The problem is that I dont have a remote for it, and the original owner of the car lives somewhere in Quebec. I found out that gettin' a remote will cost me over 60 can. $

I was wondering if some one has the same year model Maxima and wheather it really came with a remote starter. Also if some one has an extra remote for this year Maxima's remote starter, I would gladly buy it from you, of coarse for a price under $60.

I live in Toronto, so if u live anywhere close by and u do have a remote, please let me know.

Thanx in advance for any help or advice!

Ciao

Old 12-29-2001, 01:46 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

As far as I know, not even Canadian "Brougham" Maximas had remote start from the factory. How do you know this is a remote starter if you don't have the remote to use it? Can you find the antenna for it?

If it really is a remote starter it has almost certainly been added on.
Old 12-30-2001, 12:55 AM
Antonio

You right, I took another look and found out that it is an aftermarket remote starter (AstroStart). And I guess the reason why I dont have a remote for it, is because the original owner chose to keep it (I dont know why!!!) or simply forgot to give to a dealer when traded in the car. The starter itself is in the car, I found the antenna and the switch under the dash. Now all I got to do is get a new remote for it, which is going to cost me, but I dont mind since its not only a starter but also has keyless entry, trunk open etc.

Ciao

Old 12-30-2001, 02:28 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Yes, a remote starter is nice, especially on cold winter mornings! I've got a similar unit on my car (remote start, trunk, keyless entry) except the installer was dumb and couldn't figure out the alarm arm/disarm thing and so I've got to fix it this spring.

When you get the new remote you'll probably have to get someone to match its codes/frequency with the one you have, just like a garage door opener. Not 100% sure and I don't know how to do this, but it's just something I imagine you'd have to do.
Old 12-31-2001, 12:47 AM
Antonio

Ya, its nice to have it during the winter, but I dont know wheather its worth pay $60 can bucks to get a new remote.

Ahh well, next week I'll drop by couple of places that deal with alarms and remote starters and see if I can get a deal on a new remote.

Ciao