3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Does it get worst if I keep on driving?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 07:13 PM

Easy way to check the injectors is with a mechanic's stethoscope, they make a steady clicking noise when they're working.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:02 AM

I love my car lol. I switch out the injector and it's drive soo smooth now BUT now there 3 issues I have new. 1 is I have a small backfire sound coming out the exhaust. 2. When I floor gas pedal to the floor it's I can hear the engine rev up but car doesn't go faster. 3 is now I have to crank my car twice in order for it to start up when it sit overnight. Can problem #2 be a clutch problem. Thanks everyone for the help so far.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:48 AM
LvR

Originally Posted by TonyJr
I love my car lol. I switch out the injector and it's drive soo smooth now BUT now there 3 issues I have new. 1 is I have a small backfire sound coming out the exhaust. 2. When I floor gas pedal to the floor it's I can hear the engine rev up but car doesn't go faster. 3 is now I have to crank my car twice in order for it to start up when it sit overnight. Can problem #2 be a clutch problem. Thanks everyone for the help so far.
You know, I can guarantee you that you will have a lot more joy if you actively participate in this thread and answer questions asked of you rather than just buggering around without telling us what exactly it is you did.

1. Injector ................... so do I understand the current situation properly the - iow - you have now twice replaced the initial faulty injector?

2. Is the current injector that was replaced a new or 2nd hand unit?

3. Did you fit new O-rings on the injector - both top and bottom?

Yes - your revving-up without picking up speed on a manual box can only be the clutch

About you now having to crank twice to start it after its been standing and the "backfiring"....................... what's your answers to 1,2, and 3 above? .................. if you didn't do the job properly you may very well be flooding the intake/cylinder/motor as was already said before, and you are going to have to do it a 3rd time to get it right
Old 04-10-2012, 06:03 AM

Injector is new n the Injector came with all the o rings except for the one on the bottom. It's didn't come with the injector. I'm going to have to buy one today and replace it. I did see it with gas around the bottom o ring. That explain why I smell gas now. I would have to remove the fuel rail to replace the bottom o ring right?

And for the reving problem. I search around and there some people saying maybe it trany problem. What do u think about that. Thanks.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:48 AM
LvR

Originally Posted by TonyJr
Injector is new n the Injector came with all the o rings except for the one on the bottom. It's didn't come with the injector. I'm going to have to buy one today and replace it. I did see it with gas around the bottom o ring. That explain why I smell gas now. I would have to remove the fuel rail to replace the bottom o ring right?

And for the reving problem. I search around and there some people saying maybe it trany problem. What do u think about that. Thanks.
On the O-ring .......... yes

On the gearbox/clutch thing - no - the clutch is the culprit - the box cannot cause this
Old 04-10-2012, 07:01 AM

Thanks that explain the backfire and the flood. When I lift up the fuel rail , should I just replace all the three bottom o rings?
Old 04-10-2012, 08:32 AM
LvR

IMO whenever you have to replace ANY O-ring on the fuel rails you do them all
Old 04-10-2012, 03:25 PM

If those are the ones I'm thinking of, they're seals and not o-rings (square cross-section instead of round).
Old 04-10-2012, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by tweak
If those are the ones I'm thinking of, they're seals and not o-rings (square cross-section instead of round).
An O-ring is a type of seal and O-rings have different profiles. The injector o ring is a square cut o ring
Old 04-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

You should not drive on 5 cylinders. Its really bad. Please park the car, and fix it asap! Otherwise that problem with get big, and fast. You don't want to end up buying a new motor. That will cost huge compared to fixing the valve.

Good luck.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Laevateinn
An O-ring is a type of seal and O-rings have different profiles. The injector o ring is a square cut o ring
Huh, didn't know that. I thought all o-rings were completely round.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Laevateinn
have you seen your o-rings? some are square cut. Ours are not
Old 04-10-2012, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
have you seen your o-rings? some are square cut. Ours are not
The one that goes under the fuel rail is, which is the one it sounds like OP is talking about.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:40 AM

I'm not running on 5 cylinder anymore. I'm running on 6 cylinder now. When I bought the new injector it came with a square ring that sit on top of the injector and under the the injector cap screw. I'm having the backfire and flooded injector because the o ring or square ring under the fuel rail. It the last rubber on the bottom. What is it called and is it a o ring or square ring?
Old 04-11-2012, 07:14 AM

Pinched o-ring, take it all apart again.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:34 AM

That the plan but I'm buying new bottom seals or o ring whatever it's called
Old 04-11-2012, 12:13 PM

Nissan calls it the fuel injector insulator, and auto parts stores include it in a fuel injector seal kit (1 kit per injector).
Old 04-14-2012, 01:30 PM

Each and every time you remove an injector from the rail, or the rail from the injector you need to replace the o-rings. So what you need to do is this: Go to the parts store and buy 3 injector o-ring kits(or seals, whatever they call it). Replace all the seals on the injector you're taking out, and at least the top ones of the injectors you're disconnecting from the fuel rail.

Did you not put a bottom o-ring on the injector AT ALL? Whoa.. I would have at least swapped it over.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:21 PM

Replaces all seal and new spark plug. It's been running perfect thanks everybody for your help.