3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

What is the funniest car that you have raced?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2002, 09:27 PM
91MaximusSe

What is the funniest car that you have raced?

In my small town of Morehead Ky, i am 1 of 2 Gen. 3 Se's, last night i saw a Neon in town. It was a true ricer ( A real San Francisco Treat.) It was the first domestic that i have ever seen where the guy had put Japanise writing on the side of it. He had painted all black trim white, and it looked like total crap. As son as a saw him i reved my engine and the race was on. He came up all big and bad. BUt when the light hit green all he saw was red, The red of my tail lights. if any of you have ever see that car you'll wet your shorts by laughing so hard. What have you all Raced.

Old 01-05-2002, 09:31 PM

civic with hubcaps, chrome stripping, and a HUGE wing. . . . it wasn't even close!
Old 01-05-2002, 10:00 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

funniest win and funiest loss---->

win: it was a early 90's Supra, I pulled up along side it and the thing sounded like it was in need of a seriuos tuneup! the thing was making all types of weird noises and ****, anyways dude revs on me and starts laughing with his buddies....anyways light turns green and we take off....I pull 2-3 lengths on him and as I check my rearview and all I hear is "takakakakakakakakakaka" and finally there is a load roar(like if you stomp the gas) and the engine starts smoking! man me and friends were cracking up like hell!!!!

loss(kinda): a few months ago I see a Toyota Echo coming up on me fast...so I'm like okay let me show this Echo a thing or two....so he pulls up alongside and and as soon as I'm about to hit the gas he shifts and all I hear is "PSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHH....."(BOV) needless to say I let this guy go about his merry way. man that would have been quite embarrasing! the funny thing was he had a sticker on the back that said "Boost Inside", man oh man talk about the ULTIMATE SLEEPER an TURBO ECHO!!!!!
Old 01-05-2002, 10:10 PM

Earlier tonight, I was in my friend's car (240sx) and we saw a newer generation Prelude drive by with Acura emblems front and rear and an SiR emblem underneath one of the tail lights. LOL.. Well anyway, my friend started switching lanes pretty quick with his 240sx and the Prelude wanted some action and he ended up whooping our asses..
Old 01-05-2002, 10:15 PM

i raced an 86 supra and right after i won, he threw 2 rods, it was a true kill for the max (sounds like da max's story, are supras just made horrible)
Old 01-05-2002, 10:15 PM

hehehe i never lose, i have a GT-R maxima
Old 01-05-2002, 10:43 PM

When i was down in college we were talking to some girls with a camry, we gave them a joint for free then they wanted to race. They wanted a piece bad, so we get to a red light there hanging out the window yelling like crazy. I take off from the line only got to about 4000rpm when my freind sees a cop 150ft up the road, i let off and the girls go flying by them screming f*** you like there all that, anyways they got pulled over a second later. Me and my roomates never laughed so hard.
Old 01-05-2002, 10:58 PM

I raced a New Jetta 2.0 on 18" Chromes with my old 87 Accord LXi hatch. Easy kill.

Old 01-06-2002, 06:30 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

I remember when I had my 93 300ZX TT (R.I.P.), and I was on I-294 in Illinois (anyone in the Chicago area knows this area), a late-model K-car pulled up on me, revving up like he wanted a piece. I believe it was a Reliant or some sort. So anyway, it's late and the road was clear so we're rolling at about 75-85, and I let off the gas juuussst a bit (give him a confidence boost...). THEN, I dropped the hammer on him!! Downshifted to 3rd and went from 75 to probably 130 or so in a flash!

Needless to say, he was probably embarrassed. But the last laugh was on him, cause just as I got to about 5500 rpm's, my U-joint went out with a BANG, and he whizzed by!
Old 01-06-2002, 01:33 PM

Originally posted by nubiannupe
I remember when I had my 93 300ZX TT (R.I.P.), and I was on I-294 in Illinois (anyone in the Chicago area knows this area), a late-model K-car pulled up on me, revving up like he wanted a piece. I believe it was a Reliant or some sort. So anyway, it's late and the road was clear so we're rolling at about 75-85, and I let off the gas juuussst a bit (give him a confidence boost...). THEN, I dropped the hammer on him!! Downshifted to 3rd and went from 75 to probably 130 or so in a flash!

Needless to say, he was probably embarrassed. But the last laugh was on him, cause just as I got to about 5500 rpm's, my U-joint went out with a BANG, and he whizzed by!
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Poor Z Well atleast you weren't in a serious accident. Speaking of U-joints, my Z didn't have any! Also, the drive-axle was missing. Then I spent $$$ and got a lightweight carbon drive-axle and some OEM U-joints and a few days later my Z gets stolen
Old 01-06-2002, 02:17 PM

I raced a COP

LOL yea!!!!, some of you hear this story. i pull up to the light (this is Toms River NJ, just after the Sea side bridge) this undercover cop pulls up in one of then new impalas all ...... i could of sworn is was just some guy that wanted a good race. .... but i was wrong. the light changed i take off with wheels spining and Sht i lok at his car drop be hind me and i see him holding up his badge. i slam the brakes and just drove along at 35Mph,, like nothing happend,,he got behind me and gave me the lights and i was like SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIITTTTTT... i did not get a ticket the guy was real cool about it.
Old 01-06-2002, 02:18 PM
Getting back to his roots

I raced a ferrari and lost. I don't know the make, cause he pummelled me too quickly. It was fun to at least get him to push the thing though. I turned off soon thereafter, so I never got to inch back up to him and check it out in detail.
Old 01-06-2002, 03:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

funniest race I have ever been in would have to be my moms van (before she got her max) versus my friends cadillac. Did I mention that my dad was driving?
Old 01-06-2002, 04:23 PM

I raced My girlfriends Alero coupe in my Stratus, her car looks amazing but it is slow(2.4 I4)The Alero coupes look fast> To bad they don't have any thing to back it up
Old 01-06-2002, 04:34 PM

Funniest car that I've ever raced? 89 Nissan Maxima, it wins.... but it's still funny as can be seeing an old family car beat a (insert favorite rice mobile here). It must be embarassing getting beat by an automatic with worn out shocks and struts...
Old 01-06-2002, 04:36 PM

Two Funny Races

I have two prett funny race stories.

One friday Night I was riding around with my friend in his altima. He had taken the Airbox off so It had a really deep intake sound to it. We pulled up next to a motorcycle at a red light. And my friend revved the engine. (We just wanted to see how fast the motorcycle would go) The guy looked at us and smiled and he revved his bike. We were both in the two lanes to go straight. I guess the motorcycle driver was not paying attention but when the arrow turned green for the left turners he took off. He probaly got up to about 30 or so before he slammed into an Old School Buick. The drivers and passengers of the Buick were pretty ****ed. Amazingly the motorcycle driver wasn't hurt, at least we saw him get up and walk around before we made a right turn.

Second Story. When I first got my Maxima I was coming home from school and I saw one of my friends on the bypass in his Eclipse with a really loud exhaust. He passed by me but had to slow down for a car in front of him. I went on by and then he shot around the car and I gunnned it and he was a ways behind me, but I had to change lanes or else hit another car and I did that. Then I slowed down like maybe 10 MPH to go over some train tracks and the eclipse rear ended me... Actully that was pretty gay, but it was still kinda funny. There was a dent on his hood and my bumper had a yellow spot on it, but no major damage. We didn't call the cops or anything we just decided not to worry about.

Oh well.. thats my funny stories
Old 01-06-2002, 04:43 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: Two Funny Races

ouch....man I know he was embarassed like ****, lucky he wasn't hurt! funny stuff though....

Originally posted by mateo92GXE
I guess the motorcycle driver was not paying attention but when the arrow turned green for the left turners he took off. He probaly got up to about 30 or so before he slammed into an Old School Buick. The drivers and passengers of the Buick were pretty ****ed. Amazingly the motorcycle driver wasn't hurt, at least we saw him get up and walk around before we made a right turn.
Old 01-06-2002, 05:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

some guy in an early 80's VW Rabbitt DIESEL puls up next to me looking over wanting to race. Normally I would have just let him go and toy with him. But the stench of the diesel made me hammer it.

Loss
Riced out prelude half finished with a fart can. That was the catalyst for me modding my car. No more getting walked by preludes
Old 01-07-2002, 09:31 AM

I got blown away by a Geo Metro, and i beat a RX7.
Old 01-07-2002, 09:43 AM
STFU n00b!

Funniest race...

There's a black 93 accord LX (with the aluminum wheels) auto...... TYPE-R.
he didn't even bother to remove the LX badge above the tail light.. just stuck the type-r badge below the light (where the VTEC sticker usually goes)..
nice huge aluminum wing, about a 3" drop- but he DOES have camber correction.. at least he's not running -10 deg camber like most of them.
anyway, he tried to race me from about 40mph.. I left it in 3rd gear and still beat him to 70. he finally pulled up next to me.. "why'd you slow down? 3rd is my best gear?" "Uhhh, dude I started in third. had I shifted to second I would be a 1/4 mile ahead of you right now." "Oh shi*! no way! Not unless you've got a turbo or something!"

the coolest/saddest race...
early 90s 5.0 Mustang GT 5-speed. nice looking car.. great sounding exhaust. blue with two big, fat racing stripes down the middle.. painted up just like a saleen.. we did over hald a dozen runs in 1st and second gear.. he only won 1 of them, and that's cause we ran out of room to wind out 2nd. every single time, he'd get a jump on me, but then about 5000rpm in 1st or 2nd, I'd start to catch up and just leave him in the dust when he shifted to 3rd.. I'd get another 1/2 car or so on him when I shifted to 3rd, and by then he was a couple cars behind me...
Finally we ran into some traffic and I rolled down the window.. "What you do to that Mustang? sounds nice!"
"It's a Saleen!"

Uhhh okay... I royally KILLED a Saleen Moostang?! That's one to write down in the memoirs!
Old 01-07-2002, 10:42 AM
rx-007

I had to reply to this Thred.

I was down in West Palm Beach. I caravanned down with three Supra buddies of mine. I Parked the RX-7 for the night and drove my my drunk buddies around in a BPU supra(four seats come in handy sometimes). Well, we pull at a light next to a street sweeper and my and drunk friend yells out the window the the driver "How much horse power does that thing have?". The guy in the sweeper looks at us like we are nuts and says "this??? none!". Then my buddy says "want to race?". Suddenly the light turns green and the sweeper takes off. I gave him the jump and then rolled into it and waxed him... It was hilarious.. We raced a ton of cars that night. A few z28s's, mustangs, new 911 porche from a light, another bpu supra... Didn't loose any races.. lol

Another funny race I had was in my RX-7. I chased down a couple bikes on the highway. They were probably 600 - 750 cc bikes. Looked pretty new but I didn't see what models they were. I we did a high speed pull starting around 90. and I start walking away from one of the bikes and only slowly pulling away from the other. When I shifted to 5th at 140mph I had a huge back fire and a 2-3 foot fire ball come out the exhaust.. The guy on the faster bike was probably about a car back. I bet it scared the **** out of him!. lol

Old 01-07-2002, 10:53 AM
STFU n00b!

Originally posted by rx-007
I had to reply to this Thred.

I was down in West Palm Beach. I caravanned down with three Supra buddies of mine. I Parked the RX-7 and drive my my drunk buddies around in a BPU supra all night (four seats come in handy sometimes)
Ummm, okay.. what does this have to do withthe point of the thread? you drive an RX-7 and got to drive a BPU supra around for a night.. big deal.
Old 01-07-2002, 11:02 AM
rx-007

Originally posted by Matt93SE

Ummm, okay.. what does this have to do withthe point of the thread? you drive an RX-7 and got to drive a BPU supra around for a night.. big deal.
Wasn't finished with the post smart ***. The BPU supra is slower. I got no real thrills from driving it. I am on this forum because I have a maxima for a daily commuter

Old 01-07-2002, 11:08 AM
I'm needing a caw

Huh? How is a BPU supra being slower than a RX7 funny? I don't understand the humor?

Wasn't finished with the post smart ***. The BPU supra is slower. I got no real thrills from driving it. I am on this forum because I have a maxima for a daily commuter
Old 01-07-2002, 11:14 AM
STFU n00b!

before you start calling names, it wasn't my fault you posted and didn't edit before I replied. I could care less which car is faster, but what I do care about it your immature response when I commented on your off-topic post. Please show a little more class next time. all that was required was an "oops. I wasn't finished with the post yet."
thank you, drive through please. smart ***.
Old 01-07-2002, 11:17 AM
STFU n00b!

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Huh? How is a BPU supra being slower than a RX7 funny? I don't understand the humor?

I think his attempt at humor was the car full of drunkards yelling at the street sweeper. we do that all the time.. it's always a barrel of laughs.
Old 01-07-2002, 11:21 AM

Reliant Robin.

You want to be utterly humiliated, you run with one of them.

It was miles before I was able to get past ahead. I was beginning to think those double white lines would never run out...
Old 01-07-2002, 05:14 PM
Large Member

Well, I just raced one of those brand new Eclipse GT's about 1hr ago. I assumed those would actually be somewhat fast but it was such a joke! I passed him earlier and he noticed me since he started tailgating me for a race. Though, I waited so we could clear traffic and not be too unsafe. He came up behind and floored it to start passing while I was still just cruising at about 40mph. Well, he got up about to my front fender and then I floored it. I immediately jumped ahead one car length as if he wasn't even racing! I quickly switched O/D off and my car jerked forward a little more and I got a good 2 car lengths ahead but I slowed down since there was traffic. That idiot kept driving about 60mph even though traffic was at a standstill. I was quite surprised to see how much superior the GXE is against a 2dr with 40hp more! BTW, my car just has a K&N and its not even in great condition since my injectors are messed up, I need to clean the TB and a bunch of other little things.
Old 01-07-2002, 05:21 PM

Funniest race happened years ago racing an early 90's Mustang GT auto. I was cruising my wife's car (Dodge Spirit R/T). I'm sure his jaw dropped when all he saw was the Chrysler symbol on the rear of the car when the light turned green. Gotta love them Spirit R/T's, they were quite the sleepers.
Old 01-07-2002, 05:55 PM

Originally posted by 92ZexMaximaSE
Funniest race happened years ago racing an early 90's Mustang GT auto. I was cruising my wife's car (Dodge Spirit R/T). I'm sure his jaw dropped when all he saw was the Chrysler symbol on the rear of the car when the light turned green. Gotta love them Spirit R/T's, they were quite the sleepers.
yeah, i had one of those. champagne color . those things could hall some *** for looking like an old mans car.
Old 01-07-2002, 08:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Matt93SE

the coolest/saddest race...

Finally we ran into some traffic and I rolled down the window.. "What you do to that Mustang? sounds nice!"
"It's a Saleen!"

Uhhh okay... I royally KILLED a Saleen Moostang?! That's one to write down in the memoirs!
You're right Matt, that IS the coolest/saddest race. I almost feel bad for the guy - I thought Saleen Mustangs used to be a big deal in their day...
Old 01-07-2002, 10:14 PM

Re: What is the funniest car that you have raced?

The funniest win was in my 85 Daytona Turbo. I have a friend with a new Mustang and he thought he was bad stuff. We go screaming from the light and i smoke him like yesterdays dinner. I start to slow down after the pounding and he flies past me. He hits a dip in the road and bottoms out and rips his exaust right off. POOR POOR HORSEY.

The funniest loss happened about 10 years ago in my 67 Barracuda. One night after I had just got it, I take it to the local drag strip to see the beast in action. I pull up to see what she`ll do and in pulls this little tiny beetle. It was all I could do to not laugh in his face. Anyway he proceeded to kick the crap outta me. This guy runs a low 10 to my mid 12 quarter. POOR POOR FISH.
Old 01-08-2002, 12:58 AM
STFU n00b!

Re: Re: What is the funniest car that you have raced?

Originally posted by bucketheadd

The funniest loss happened about 10 years ago in my 67 Barracuda. One night after I had just got it, I take it to the local drag strip to see the beast in action. I pull up to see what she`ll do and in pulls this little tiny beetle. It was all I could do to not laugh in his face. Anyway he proceeded to kick the crap outta me. This guy runs a low 10 to my mid 12 quarter. POOR POOR FISH.
heheheh

I've learned not to look twice at a Bug. you'll get your *** kicked if it's done much to it... if it doesn't have the stock 1/2" dual exhaust on it, then keep your distance.
Old 01-08-2002, 01:15 AM
Mikes90GXE

Back in the '70s my friend built a motor for a Pace Arrow motorhome turning it into a RACE Arrow. There were 6 of us standing inside this thing with the lights on, beating a Porsche 914 from stoplight to stoplight.

Old 01-08-2002, 11:46 PM

Re: I raced a COP

Originally posted by ChrisCheezer
LOL yea!!!!, some of you hear this story. i pull up to the light (this is Toms River NJ, just after the Sea side bridge) this undercover cop pulls up in one of then new impalas all ...... i could of sworn is was just some guy that wanted a good race. .... but i was wrong. the light changed i take off with wheels spining and Sht i lok at his car drop be hind me and i see him holding up his badge. i slam the brakes and just drove along at 35Mph,, like nothing happend,,he got behind me and gave me the lights and i was like SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIITTTTTT... i did not get a ticket the guy was real cool about it.
atleast this didnt happen>>>>
Old 01-08-2002, 11:52 PM

Re: Two Funny Races

Originally posted by mateo92GXE
I have two prett funny race stories.

One friday Night I was riding around with my friend in his altima. He had taken the Airbox off so It had a really deep intake sound to it. We pulled up next to a motorcycle at a red light. And my friend revved the engine. (We just wanted to see how fast the motorcycle would go) The guy looked at us and smiled and he revved his bike. We were both in the two lanes to go straight. I guess the motorcycle driver was not paying attention but when the arrow turned green for the left turners he took off. He probaly got up to about 30 or so before he slammed into an Old School Buick. The drivers and passengers of the Buick were pretty ****ed. Amazingly the motorcycle driver wasn't hurt, at least we saw him get up and walk around before we made a right turn.
OMG..That is the most halarious thing i have read
Old 01-09-2002, 09:42 AM

i was driving next to a nice supra when this piece o crud old dented up accord cuts me off and throws on its hazards. I pull up to him at the light with a confused expression. He starts listing the stuff in his car. 'yeah its a v 4 and i have intake(i didnt hear any intake) and exhaust its an automatic' this guy was lame sooo i smoked himm with no problems.
Old 01-09-2002, 02:36 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

heres one from today.....

anywas minding my business crusing down the road, stop at a light and this 2dr. Tercel pulls up next to me...the car looked pretty nice(for a Tercel), body kit, rims(too big, but oh well), digital a-pillar gauges(Intellitronix, my favorite), exhaust and intake.....but thats not all.....HE HAS A FREAKING ROLL CAGE, yes a freaking roll cage!!!!!! so I'm like oh ****...last time I raced a car with a roll cage(old 80's mustang LX) I got the life smoked out of me, but this time something told me go for it....anyways we start revving, light turns green and I poise for him to smoke the **** out of me....and like that....the race was over......man I must have had 5-6 cars on him before I realized he was still trying to race, so I flash the hazzards and he does the usual "ricer fly-by", with his "wasps in a tin can" exhaust blaring....man I sware, a FREAKING ROLLCAGE on what has to be an 18 second car, I mean come on, my God, these ricers are losing their freaking minds!!!!!!! well for one thing if he ever pushes all 80hp of his car to the limit he'll be safe in a crash!(LOL)