3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

i apologize...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2000, 06:08 PM
slicey9

First off, i apologize if i have ever ruined anyone's day by asking a question that has already been asked. I was not sure in the beginning exactly how to navigate around and search very much, and i have asked questions which i could have easily found in the archives.

But, i thought of something else. As i search through past posts, i see a phenomenal amount of information. and i thought to myself that i bet almost every question that anyone has to ask could be found in these past posts. So, my proposal is to totally sut down this forum, and from now on, we can all just find all of our information in the past posts.

I don't like that idea. I think the whole idea of the forum is to be able to ask questions that you want to. I guess if you've been reading this forum for long enough, you've seen a ton of people come and go, a lot of them looking for the same information. Oh well, i say let em ask, and if you want to answer them, go ahead. If you don't want to answer them, go on to the next duplicate post and start your decision making process all over again. I imagine we might be hard pressed to find a new question.

And this is for Matt93gxe, what type of question or comment would I have to post that wouldn't bug you. Can you possibly tell me what little miniscule item of maxima trivia i could post that hasn't already been asked. How about "How much does my windshield weigh?" or "How many square yards of leather did it take to make my interior?" or even "What is the part number for the brake line retainer clips for the front struts." It seems like you can't be pleased.

but, point taken on your posts Matt, and I will watch myself from now on. I imagine when im on here for a while longer, I might get like you.

Sorry for rambling so long, i doubt any of you will read this far down anyway. Sorry if i have offended anyone.
Slicey9

Old 11-10-2000, 06:28 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

hey i totally agree with you. i have no problem answering questions from any newbies even if they have already been asked. i'm sure most agree also.
Old 11-10-2000, 06:41 PM
Get Off My Lawn

Ouch! Say, how much do your ***** (bearings) weigh? Matt does a good job, like I said before, one man can only do so much. I wouldn't want Matt's job, I think he needs help! And we all have bad days, and really, that is what everyone else who's been here for a while is for, I think, to help Matt out, he shouldn't have to answere every thread. I just think that something needs to set up that all Newbies have to read in order to orientate them to the forum and how to navigate within it. Just something simple that defines the tools that they cannot overlook. Let's get on with the shop talk!
Old 11-10-2000, 07:35 PM
MSK

Hey guys: I think this forum is very informative, and very user friendly and surely Matt deserves huge credit for this. I am fairly new to this forum also and have asked (I am sure) silly questions too. I think that is the beauty of this forum. Questions will be asked by newbies, we should simply direct them towards the that post or better yet on the top of forum may be a button that should say Newbie check this first (or something like that) That will help us all. The main purpose of forum like these is to share our experiences, mishaps, goofups, successes etc.

MSK 90SE

Old 11-10-2000, 08:48 PM
STFU n00b!

First, I should also apologize back there.. I've had a VERY bad week and have been feeling like dog**** the entire time.. work sucks, and my grades are going downhill too.. no free time, whine whine whine..
I shouldn't have gone off like I did.. it was just one of those days where I felt like bittching and moaning about something, so I did.. unfortunately I took it out on the wrong people. I regret ever making the post, and bringing it back up after a month of hibernation was even worse..

I understand the new people don't exactly know how to navigate the site, sure.. I also understand the new people have lots of basic questions and asking those is a way to get in the door. waaaaay back when I first started coming here (almost 2 years ago), this forum wasn't here, and the ones they had were nothing nearly as elaborate and easy to navigate as this.. I basically just sat back and watched for a while, then posted when I felt I was "worthy" of posting. not everyone is like me.
I also read the FAQS and all the other links and stuff on the maxima.org webpage before I even looked at the forums. that answered a lot of questions right there.. yeah, I still asked a lot of them anyway, but I already had an idea of what I was looking at before I went in.. again, not everyone does things the same way as me. I shouldn't have been so callous as to whine and moan and denigrate the newcomers when they do things differently.

Now to answer your questions...
<I>How much does my windshield weigh?" </i>
about 40 lbs.
<I>"How many square yards of leather did it take to make my interior?"</i>
Zero. mine's not leather. Sure be nice though.
I'm guessing about 12 yards.
<I>"What is the part number for the brake line retainer clips for the front struts." </i>
Dunno, but I've got a box of them in my toolbox. call courtesy nissan at 800-527-1909 and they'll give you the exact part number. the price is about $0.50 on them.

Old 11-10-2000, 08:52 PM

I forgive all of you!
Old 11-10-2000, 09:09 PM

I think that everyone is allowed to have bad days...we all do, and we vent at people that maybe we shouldnt...With that being said...I think that we all need to get used to the fourm and the way it works.Me personally, I didnt even know there was a search feature until I read Matts post. So in a way Matts anger actually hepled me. We all need to do our part by looking through other post for our info before we take the lazy way out and just re-post the same question that has already been answered. I completly understand Matts frustration since he's been here for so long. I have learned a lot from this fourm and Matt has a lot to do with that. Now that I'm used to the way the fourm works ,I can search and stuff before I make a post.
I think that after the search ,if people still need things cleared up, they should post to have their questions answered...We cant make people afraid to ask a question, because then the forum is useless !!!
Anyway....sorry for the length of this post but I just needed to put my 2 cents in !!!
Old 11-10-2000, 09:13 PM

Thats what this sites here to do!
Old 11-11-2000, 08:40 PM

Originally posted by JDwyer2821
Thats what this sites here to do!

That's right! People like Matt need to have their own little space when needed. It's bad enough that He seems to be having a bad week, so don't do stuff that will **** him off. I agree with what has been said in some of the previous posts and there are very knowledgeable people on this forum (Matt, James, Me (ahem), JD, Skymax, etc...then there's people that have to be a smarta$$ (**cough** maximamike **Cough**) and go around trying to **** people off. Moral of the story is: If you have something that is "Worthy" then post it, if not, then go on to other posts, not offending people!

-Scott