3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

flushing the rear ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 08:28 PM

flushing the rear ?

i want to flush the rear of my maxima, the middle in between the tail lights. what do i use for this? do i use sheet metal, bondo, or what? and i want to get some skyline tail lights for my '91. where can i find this? and one more thing. do they sell altaza or clear front lights for our car? help me out.
Old 01-13-2002, 08:34 PM

Re: flushing the rear ?

Originally posted by nastee
i want to flush the rear of my maxima, the middle in between the tail lights. what do i use for this? do i use sheet metal, bondo, or what? and i want to get some skyline tail lights for my '91. where can i find this? and one more thing. do they sell altaza or clear front lights for our car? help me out.
talk like this...dono about "flushing" the rear (what to use), but it's called shaving i believe. you'll probably wanna take it to a shop for a good look though. i've seen skyline tails on ebay a lot lately, someone posted about them, do a search. clear lights, you mean corner? yes, they sell clear corners, same as OEM lights, with clear where the yellor is on OEM. they always have those on ebay, pretty cheap too...
Old 01-14-2002, 02:47 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: flushing the rear ?

Originally posted by noleafclover
talk like this...dono about "flushing" the rear (what to use), but it's called shaving i believe.
I thought I was so behind the times that the word "shaved" was replaced with "flushed"!

Someone posted a pic of an ugly-*** green (or was it orange?) Max from a lowrider magazine once with a shaved trunk. Probably a custom job where he just replaced the plastic centerpiece with metal and filled in any gaps to smooth it out. Many people though (including me) didn't like the way it looked since it just looked plain and too much like a 4th Gen rear. We like our tails!

Oh yeah, that guy isn't from the Forum here either, but I don't know if anyone here's done that too.

NO ALTEZZAS!!!
Old 01-14-2002, 05:11 PM

Hey I ran into some pics of shaved trunks for you:

http://autos.werd.com/dmontzmax/

Go to the "3rd Generation" section near the top and there should be a few pics of shaved trunks in there.
Old 01-14-2002, 05:19 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

man that green Max is kinda tight...I'd have painted it differently though, man I'd love to have some airshocks/bags.....alas I'm broke but yeah the shaved trunk does lok kinda funky with the stock light, the stock rear pice looks better with stock tails at least!

Originally posted by Bman
Hey I ran into some pics of shaved trunks for you:

http://autos.werd.com/dmontzmax/

Go to the "3rd Generation" section near the top and there should be a few pics of shaved trunks in there.
Old 01-14-2002, 05:52 PM

what kind of body kit is that on the white car, somewhere on the top? pretty alright.
Old 01-15-2002, 12:29 PM

I got to agree. I like that white one. Pipe dreams of what My car can look like. As far as shaving the middle......doesn't look good with the stock lights IMHO but with a set of GTR lights......hummmmmm interesting. Also, does anyone know whose TC MAX that is on there? I'm curious if that is a VG or a VE motor. Because a turbo would look really good in my engine compartment.