3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

i really dont post enough,lol

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 03:33 AM

i really dont post enough,lol

whats the happs?
so about a year and a half ago i sold my 91 se maxima-5 to my friend

mostly because after i owned it for @ 8 years and never having to change the clutch also the trans bearings were going and making noise for the previous 2 years or so i couldnt afford the tabs,clutch job related parts(even though i put in a used clutch disk and pressure plate i had)i also couldnt afford the tune up parts it needed and i knew injectors were failing

so he bought it and during the 1 year he drove it i put in the used clutch and tune up then i had to do a coolant hose and thermostat,then i did the p.s. pressure hose,then the 5 speed tran.finaly after i drove with bearing noise for 2 years and he drove it the 3rd year of tran. bearing noise before 1st and 2nd gear were so crunchy he got a new car and was going to junk the 91 se maxima

but i bought it back for cheap and found a junkyard 5 speed a hundred miles north for 250!no core!when i installed it I even returned the new clutch kit i bought after comparing to the used one,lol
also recently i swapped in 2 fuel injectors and all 6 connectors,its running perfect,better than it has for 2-3 years,i wish i kept my mods i took off and sold tho.

im still selling the 91 again for something else,ive had it for like 10 years and i just didnt want him sending it to the junkyard,

also after selling it to him a year and a half ago and me spending a 10 months biking,taking the bus and skateboarding i bought a cheap 95 sentra GLE @ 8 months ago,fixed it near perfect,which im selling as well for something different,

ive had alot of nissans in the last 12 years,had the 91 maxima for 8 and now going on ten years but they were just so cheap and easy to fix and get parts for people think im only into nissans,lol
but honestly im not a brand humper,its usually the fan boys and lemmings that hump all over anything with a T or an H emblem,lol can i get a witness?

sorry for the long post but it seems to me unless i get all the details out there people will fill in the blanks with whatever suits their agenda or can make me look bad instead of having a life

for the record i havent been to a repair shop in over 14 years,besides tires and 1 alignment,ive had 6 nissans,bought all cheap,drove alot,did every repair job in existence between the 6 of them and
sold them all running good,better than i found them and had no wrecks
besides being hit in my old white 92 gxe by a stolen car running a red light and rear endend in the 91 tailght area

Last edited by maximagician; 08-07-2014 at 03:58 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:14 AM

Welcome back.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:16 AM

Could have just fixed the transmission while it was dropped. It's less difficult than actually removing the transmission.

Good you saved it from the junkyard. I once saw one I had previously sold, in the junkyard a few months later. I bought the tail lights.

Last edited by Hectic; 08-09-2014 at 02:18 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by Hectic
Could have just fixed the transmission while it was dropped. It's less difficult than actually removing the transmission.

Good you saved it from the junkyard. I once saw one I had previously sold, in the junkyard a few months later. I bought the tail lights.
did you mean open the case with the big half still on the motor\car?
and have the gearshafts rebuilt or something?
i remember reading about someone on here doing that,

lately im driving the sentra everyday,both cars have big for sale signs written on the windows with car window chalk and my number,and i have a craigslist ad,
so far i get alot of calls and texts in the early mornings,evenings and weekends,But i work evenings and weekends,as a result only 2 people have looked at my 95 sentra gle 1st guy offered too less,2nd guy was interested,went look at more cars and is supposed to get back to me,and the guy today that drove by and offered way too less

and only 1 guy has looked at the 91 maxima,i took him up and down the freeway and thought he was into it but he still wanted to look at a newer one for less
im sure thats working out