3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Australia, the arse end of the earth

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 09:02 AM
aussiegen3

Australia, the **** end of the earth

Hi.
Juuust checking if anyone reading this forum knows where to find upgrade gear for Maximas in AUSTRALIA.
I really can't afford postage costs from the U.S. OR our current exchange rate.
Apart from hunting crocodiles my favoutite past-time is also my 93MAX.
So if anyone could direct me to somewhere in Australia where I can pick up Maxima parts please e-mail me quintonwevans@optusnet.com.au.

THANKS.
Please check my ride out on the members pages. Please note typical "paradise like" sunshine in all photos.

Old 01-26-2002, 08:47 PM

Not sure about Maxima stuff, but you might try skylinesdownunder.com It's just what it sounds like. Perhaps one of those chaps has some info you could utilize. Or you can go to the Nissan homepage, www.nissandriven.com and go to the Australia page. I believe there's a link for finding dealerships and parts suppliers with your zip code. Not sure if it works for places outside the States. At any rate, good luck. BTW, if you make it over to New Zealand any time soon, ask the local fuzz why they haven't joined. They drive Maximas and I sent them an email inviting them to join the org, but they never did. Oh well...Good luck!
Old 01-26-2002, 11:54 PM

You should hook up with "the max" on this board, he's also down under.

Old 01-27-2002, 01:29 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Also, I think KITT (?) may be from either Australia or maybe New Zealand...
Old 01-27-2002, 05:08 AM
lp
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Lowered springs are available from Pedders and I think Kings. Eibachs are available from the state/national distributors or Eibach retailers.

The only real performance strut choice is Koni, but they're the best and not really that expensive. For unknown reasons the Tokicos seem hard to find down here. Pedders can provide a short stroke strut to suit but for the money they want just go with the proven Konis. Don't waste money on the Monroes either.

Whiteline (Selbys) make a nice front and rear swaybar, K-Mac makes the rear only. I had a problem with the K-Mac camber kit listed for the 3rd Gen, didn't fit. Pedders have a camber bolt kit that does. Whiteline provide a custom FSTB building service but your better off just buying the US Courtesy Nissan FSTB, even with the ****ty exchange rate its still better value.

Unifilter list a Rampod for your car in the catalogue but again, don't fall for it, its bogus. What you receive is just a 200SX kit with 200SX crossed out and MAXIMA written on the box in black texta. Totally different MAF adaptor pattern etc, completely useless. Doesn't even suit the later models and though I've had words with Unifilter and the facts are known to them they still continue to sell it.

Better off having an exhaust shop weld up some mandrel piping, buy an adaptor/K&N cone and making your own CAI.

Any decent shop can fabricate up a nice exhaust system and D&T Performance in Adelaide have made a beautiful set of mandrel headers in the past, custom job requiring your car on-site for 2-3 days.

These are just my own parts experiences, so I'm sure other products/brands exist out there too.
Old 01-27-2002, 05:27 AM
lp
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by crusher84
BTW, if you make it over to New Zealand any time soon, ask the local fuzz why they haven't joined. They drive Maximas and I sent them an email inviting them to join the org, but they never did.
Forget about it. They don't drive Maximas, and they won't be joining the board. That photo you seen was many years old and those cars probably traded in within 6-12 months of the pic. The Holden Commodore is now the main patrol car used by the NZ Police.
Old 01-27-2002, 10:55 AM

Originally posted by lp

Forget about it. They don't drive Maximas, and they won't be joining the board. That photo you seen was many years old and those cars probably traded in within 6-12 months of the pic. The Holden Commodore is now the main patrol car used by the NZ Police.
No quite. They still use the 4th Gen Maxima but mainly for the local community cops. Seeing more XR8's on the road as cop cars though!

Brent
NZ
Old 01-28-2002, 04:02 AM

Australia.........

Yep Im from Australia.... Now parts.... I have not seen anything here in Oz. I get most of my parts from Nissan but if ur upgrading I know that U can get a computer chip for your model somewhere... I think powerchip? Something like that... hehe... :P