3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Digital climate control isn't showing

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 02:05 PM

Digital climate control isn't showing

Hello I have a 93 Nissan Maxima and my automatic climate control does not work properly basically when I press any ***** is turning on and off, if I change the modes I can feel it switching but the only thing is that the display does not show anything is there any fix for this ?
Old 10-27-2016, 08:09 PM

You have a problem with the control panel itself. Maybe it is a cold solder problem where the display panel is soldered into the printed circuit board. If re-soldering doesn't fix it, then you will have to replace the control panel.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:46 PM

I thinks Dennis has a good point. I fixed my clock by re soldering the bad points on the board but never tried it on my climate control. I guess i just didn't have enough confidence in my soldering skills. Instead when mine went i rolled the dice on a scrapyard one and really lucked out with a reliable one so far to date mind you when mine was acting up it would sometimes dim and go back to normal and wasn't altogether out.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:15 AM

I soldered all the joints on my buddies that looked suspect and it didn't fix the problem. I am sure it was a cold solder though because if the board was twisted or pressed hard enough, the display would brighten up. We got lucky too with a junkyard one.