3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Best center dash vent cupholder

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 04:47 PM

Best center dash vent cupholder

Hi, sorry to post a trivial question, but here goes:

I have a '90 SE. When I bought it in 2003, it had a cupholder in the center dash vent. It's a good location but not a good cupholder. I'd like to replace it with a better one. What have you tried there that you liked?
Old 01-04-2017, 12:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Mid 90's Ford Taurus cup holders used to me a popular thing to install below the radio. Minor modification needed.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:50 PM

Thanks, that looks like a good one.

http://forums.acuralegend.org/ford-t...tall-t53.html?

Greg
Old 01-12-2017, 12:45 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

I've never understood why that Taurus cupholder is so popular. It really won't hardly hold anything that is even marginally larger diameter than a soda can. Pretty useless in my experience.

Having said that, I experimented years ago with making custom ones but never did finish the project. I made some custom ones in my Civic but ran out of steam on the Maximas.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by James92SE
I've never understood why that Taurus cupholder is so popular. It really won't hardly hold anything that is even marginally larger diameter than a soda can. Pretty useless in my experience.

Having said that, I experimented years ago with making custom ones but never did finish the project. I made some custom ones in my Civic but ran out of steam on the Maximas.
Who knows..might be a hot comodity among the 3rd gens lol. I've been thinking what could be done aswell without being tacky especially finding a descent location when you have a double din head unit and no cup holders. Between the seat and e brake works but you always worry about spillage on the seats lol
Old 01-12-2017, 06:14 PM

This has possibilities...

Old 01-13-2017, 05:43 AM

after many years and a few spills I either saw this or its another tony_r_w original,just screwed one to the passenger side of my center console(omg you wont get nearly as much at auction now-you "molested it'),lmfao
i used the middle existing bolt and screwed another in 2 inches toward the dash both with washers to make extended "peg mounts"so it was removable by lifting up and away from my "pegs" the power front seat sliding foward would hit it at more than 3/4ths forward seat slide position
drilled 2 elonged holes with locking "nook"cutout into my $5 cup/phone etc. holder,the pics are from my before sale photoshot,cant see it much but you get the idea(didnt think id need to make this my first and only detailed write up,lol
Attached Thumbnails Best center dash vent cupholder-may-2016-91se-cupholde-view-front-center-console-dash.jpg   Best center dash vent cupholder-may-2016-91se-has-cupholder-view-front-seat-dash.jpg  
Old 01-13-2017, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by DennisMik
This has possibilities...

Sweet Just like something off the red green show lol. It's portable too for any vehicle..