3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Air bag light

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 01:10 AM

Air bag light

The original owner of my maxima got into a wreck and it set off the airbag the body shop it was taken to replaced the airbag but now the airbag light is on is there any way to reset it or would i have to get an airbag sensor from the junkyard
Old 02-15-2017, 07:17 PM

it's likely that the shop did not replace the airbag module. Basically it's a computer for airbag as a igniter. whenever an airbag is deployed, the module has to be replace, otherwise you will get an airbag light blinking at you.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by FanaticMadMax
it's likely that the shop did not replace the airbag module. Basically it's a computer for airbag as a igniter. whenever an airbag is deployed, the module has to be replace, otherwise you will get an airbag light blinking at you.
my light stays on it doesnt blink but that could be it
Old 02-26-2017, 06:13 PM

it is a good possibility, since a lot of cars usually get totaled when an airbag get deployed because the replacement cost outweighs the value of the car, i.e the air bag alone cost upward 3k for it and the module cost as much as 2k for it. So likely either the shop did not replace the unit with new module or airbag since they probably just put an empty shell of the air bag cover. So I would ask the shop if they actually did replace the airbag but considering the age of your car, they probably did not.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by FanaticMadMax
it is a good possibility, since a lot of cars usually get totaled when an airbag get deployed because the replacement cost outweighs the value of the car, i.e the air bag alone cost upward 3k for it and the module cost as much as 2k for it. So likely either the shop did not replace the unit with new module or airbag since they probably just put an empty shell of the air bag cover. So I would ask the shop if they actually did replace the airbag but considering the age of your car, they probably did not.
i took off the rear cover on my steering wheel and it looks like there is a bag in it but i will get another airbag from the junkyard to see if that happened because i dont know what shop did it it was the original owner that wrecked it and the guy i bought it from hasnt heard from him since he bought the car from him
Old 03-02-2017, 06:37 AM

I checked connections and checked the bag its there and doesnt seem to have gone off so it should be good i still cant figure out why the light is on You can see its plugged in and the module is in the wheel